Bar prices Golden princess

jeep1

I have been living out by drinking the drinks seen in my favourite James Bond movies and I do mean the real James Bond movies not the modern garbage when daniel craig came along and they stuffed up the whole series.

Though in reality I prefer drinks like sherry, whiskey or port (all the old folk drinks with a high enough alcohol content to enjoy it with as little drink as possible).

Yes, I know the Bond movies you mean.

Good sherries and ports are very nice indeed, although DH tends to drink them more than I do. There are some interesting Australian ones these days too. We made the "mistake" of spending a week in Rutherglen one year. Oops! The poor car was groaning all the way back to Sydney - too many cases of wine, mostly durifs and fortifieds.

Whisky I have to be careful of. I can still handle a very smooth single malt but a lot of whiskys trigger my reflux problem. Had fun on the Royal Scotman a few years ago. They had 50 single malts on board, all inclusive. :eek: No, I didn't try them all, but I did find some I liked.

I also like some of the French and Italian aperitifs, like Noilly Prat and Aperol. Also the Italian digestives, like Amaro.

I'm still having fun trying the different cocktails on Princess. So many variations on a theme. :D Now, if you like Bond then you should be trying the Bond cocktails they have onboard. Some are "interesting". ;)

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Yes, I know the Bond movies you mean.

Good sherries and ports are very nice indeed, although DH tends to drink them more than I do. There are some interesting Australian ones these days too. We made the "mistake" of spending a week in Rutherglen one year. Oops! The poor car was groaning all the way back to Sydney - too many cases of wine, mostly durifs and fortifieds.

Whisky I have to be careful of. I can still handle a very smooth single malt but a lot of whiskys trigger my reflux problem. Had fun on the Royal Scotman a few years ago. They had 50 single malts on board, all inclusive. :eek: No, I didn't try them all, but I did find some I liked.

I also like some of the French and Italian aperitifs, like Noilly Prat and Aperol. Also the Italian digestives, like Amaro.

I'm still having fun trying the different cocktails on Princess. So many variations on a theme. :D Now, if you like Bond then you should be trying the Bond cocktails they have onboard. Some are "interesting". ;)

If you are interested in good Australian Port then you should look up "Curtain Springs F------ Port" Its a Peter Severin product the guy who installed the climb chain at Ayers Rock.

There are plenty of references to Dom Perignon in James Bond. Dr No:

Dr. No: That's a Dom Perignon '55, it would be a pity to break it

James Bond: I prefer the '53 myself...

Goldfinger:

"My dear girl, there are some things that just aren't done, such as drinking Dom Perignon '53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That's as bad as listening to the Beatles without earmuffs!"

It comes up in several other movies as well as Bollinger

Thanks guys for advice. Do like a couple coffees in mornings. Couple mimosas with breakfast. Glass wine at lunch. Afternoon cocktail at bingo. And then a glass of wine at show. Couple at dinner. Guess I have answered my question 😉 But it's not 59$ it's 64? Thanks

Thanks guys for advice. Do like a couple coffees in mornings. Couple mimosas with breakfast. Glass wine at lunch. Afternoon cocktail at bingo. And then a glass of wine at show. Couple at dinner. Guess I have answered my question 😉 But it's not 59$ it's 64? Thanks

No, it IS $59. There is a software bug which shows incorrect pricing in the personalizer. Unless you particularly want to buy it before you board (in which case I believe Princess does reimburse the difference) just wait until you board to buy it.

We would love to see Floriade.

Anyway just to let you know its still showing $64.90.just in case you were wondering.:)

Maybe we could take bets on the next price is shows at.

Same seems to happen with the Softdrink package, last year showing as $8 and cents per day, on board $7 per day.

Never been charged more for anything on board than quoted on the site, many times less.

No, it IS $59. There is a software bug which shows incorrect pricing in the personalizer. Unless you particularly want to buy it before you board (in which case I believe Princess does reimburse the difference) just wait until you board to buy it.

Groundhog day......we need a sticky for this one haha:p

• 1 year later...
What are the Bar prices so we can determine if we could do the drink card or not we are on a 14 day cruise to pacific isles , thank you

Not much has changed since the prices quoted early in this thread I’m pretty sure.