Cabin change possible?

t13nif

My mom, sister and I are booked on Star Princess Sept 24/16 to Hawaii. The booking has been a bit of a disaster from the get-go, as my sister convinced my mom to book through a (horrible) TA, unbeknownst to me.

To make a long story short, we have been booked in a BB cabin on Aloha, directly under the pool. Needless to say, we don't want to be under the pool. There are still BB 3 berth cabins available on Baha deck. Will it be possible to change cabins at this date? The current fare for BB cabins is about $1000pp LESS than what we booked at (however we don't care about getting a refund obviously).

I've emailed the TA but would like to know if this is possible. I don't trust ANYTHING he has to say.

My mom, sister and I are booked on Star Princess Sept 24/16 to Hawaii. The booking has been a bit of a disaster from the get-go, as my sister convinced my mom to book through a (horrible) TA, unbeknownst to me.

To make a long story short, we have been booked in a BB cabin on Aloha, directly under the pool. Needless to say, we don't want to be under the pool. There are still BB 3 berth cabins available on Baha deck. Will it be possible to change cabins at this date? The current fare for BB cabins is about $1000pp LESS than what we booked at (however we don't care about getting a refund obviously).

I've emailed the TA but would like to know if this is possible. I don't trust ANYTHING he has to say.

The short answer is yes - you can get a cabin change in the same category.

Accomplishing it with a bad TA might be another story.

Call Princess.

Explain your problem.

See if you can get the cruise transferred back to Princess from the TA.

If they don't help you say thank you, hang up, and call back again to get a different rep.

We sailed to Hawaii from SF on Star Princess - 15 day cruise - in Aloha 408. Check it out on the deck plans. It's right under the pool area. We had zero issues with noise from chair scraping, MUTS, etc. We had a wonderful cruise.

If there are still cabins available and it is not past final payment there should be no problem getting one of them and you "should" be able to get the lower fare as well.

Lower fare, not likely since you are only 19 days from sailing. If you really want a cabin change and cabins are available in the same cat. your T.A., even though you don't like him/her, should be able to arrange it. I would speak on the phone and state which cabins are acceptable.

I don't believe that the one you have will be that terrible. You probably will not hear anything. Also, on the first 3 to 4 days crossing to Hawaii and the 3 to 4 days on the return it will probably be too cool for lots of outdoor pool activity. The indoor pool will most likely be the place to be, but directly above the cabins are tables and chairs for dining, not lounge chairs. I think you will be fine. Have nice cruise.

Ok, well the TA left me a voicemail nearly immediately after i emailed (i was vacuuming, lol) saying that he had moved us to Baha deck midship. He then went on to say that he had called Princess and was able to get a mini-suite upgrade, did we want it?

I returned his call and we are now in an aft mini-suite on Dolphin deck :D. It will be a little easier for my elderly mother to get to the dining room and buffet, but a little more difficult to get elsewhere. We will surely love the extra space, as my sister is extremely messy and i wasn't too keen on an upper berth. Thanks everyone.

Ok, well the TA left me a voicemail nearly immediately after i emailed (i was vacuuming, lol) saying that he had moved us to Baha deck midship. He then went on to say that he had called Princess and was able to get a mini-suite upgrade, did we want it?

I returned his call and we are now in an aft mini-suite on Dolphin deck :D. It will be a little easier for my elderly mother to get to the dining room and buffet, but a little more difficult to get elsewhere. We will surely love the extra space, as my sister is extremely messy and i wasn't too keen on an upper berth. Thanks everyone.

Good for you!! Maybe the TA wasn't as bad as you thought after all.

Congratulations for getting more than what you expected.