Choosing a specialty restaurant night.

Sacto Rick

At least one of the ship's dining rooms will have that night's dinner menu posted outside the door some time fairly early in the morning.

You probably won't find it at a dining room that is serving breakfast or lunch that day. I'd look at the aft MDR.

Also, on embarkation day, they usually have a table set up for people who need to adjust dining arrangements. I think they often have menus for the whole cruise available there.

Jim

We did this on one of our cruises: told the waiter we wanted to see the menu for XX night. He told the Head Waiter and the Head Waiter brought the menu to our table. We checked it and saw that that particular night would work for us (& our table mates - we did the dinner together), gave the menu back and made a reservation for the night that we had decided on.

Doing it that way, you don't have to wait until the menu is posted outside the MDR door.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

Thanks guys. Great suggestions. Now I just have to choose from the crab shack or crown grill.

I haven't eaten at either and will only be choosing one.

We love the Crown Grill. They also have prawns, shrimp, and lobster along with their steaks. You can get the best of both worlds. Here is the link for the menu

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/Onboard_Experience/Crown-Grill-Menu-Sample.pdf

Thanks guys. Great suggestions. Now I just have to choose from the crab shack or crown grill.

I haven't eaten at either and will only be choosing one.

I have not experienced the crab shack, but we have done the crown grill before and it was one of the most amazing meals I have had.

When I asked how much to have a lobster tail added to my steak, I was told there was no extra cost and 4 showed up. Instead of deciding which sides to order all of them came. And dessert was a sample of all they had to offer.

At that time it was $25 a person, I believe it's now $29 but even at that price I could not get a meal like that on land.

Looks like the crown grill is the one to choose then! I might get king crab at Tracys Crab Shack in Juneau anyway. I'm gonna need some halibut and fish before it's over too...

I'm getting my appetite on..:)

+1 on Tracy's :)

A question, I realize I could do as someone suggested and ask for the week's worth of menus. BUT on our last and 1st princess cruise, they had a Bavarian night and FOR US we could not find one thing to order or one thing on the buffet, SO I am specifically interested in booking Crown Grill on Bavarian night, is that a thing that I could specifically ASK for, or would they be like "what?"

We did this on one of our cruises: told the waiter we wanted to see the menu for XX night. He told the Head Waiter and the Head Waiter brought the menu to our table. We checked it and saw that that particular night would work for us (& our table mates - we did the dinner together), gave the menu back and made a reservation for the night that we had decided on.

Doing it that way, you don't have to wait until the menu is posted outside the MDR door.

I do it that way all the time.

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been answered before (new to Princess)...if we book a specialty restaurant and also have the AIBP, can we get wine pairings with each course? (As long as those wines are available by the glass, under $10 of course). Also, does the cover charge for each restaurant include gratuity?

Thank you in advance for your help.

I've been on several cruises but have only eaten at Sabatini's once. My question is how can I see the mdr menu's before reserving a table. I don't want to go on a night they might be serving something in the mdr that I don't want to miss.

I have asked to see the menus for the entire cruise

while having lunch in the main dining room on embarcation day.

If you don't make it to that, 'dining problems' session with

the maitre d' on the first afternoon, and ask the hostess if

the menus are available.