Would you?

siestakeys04

I have an ocean view on main deck and thinking about a balcony. Would you book a balcony on a 4 day?

Depends on the balcony location. Unless it was about mid ship I would not upgrade on a 4-day sailing. You will not be on the ship long enough to enjoy using a balcony. Longer sailing, maybe but again it depends where the balcony cabin is located.

MARAPRINCE

So many factors.....

You are taking friends....How close do you want their stateroom to yours?

Where are you currently located? Right below a busy area? Next door to a steward closet?

What balcony rooms are available?

Why didn't you book a balcony in the first place?

How much more expensive?

If you are going to move now would be your best options as final payment for your cruise is now. Those folks that have to cancel either because they can't afford the final payment or have changed their mind and want their money back will be releasing stateroom.

I have an ocean view on main deck and thinking about a balcony. Would you book a balcony on a 4 day?

Tough call. If you've had a balcony before, and liked having you're own quiet little space, away from the crowd on the Lido Deck, to sit and watch the ocean, and it won't break your budget, then go for it. Otherwise, stick with the ocean view and save the money for a deposit on your next cruise. ;)

Balcony cabins are great but personally I wouldn't bother for a short trip. I'd rather use the extra money toward another vacation or excursions to maximize the experience. I've always been able to find quiet areas to hang out away from the crowds even on sea days :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well it would be an extra 200 and I have to change my countdown clock because the new cruiser will not be able to go. We are still going with other people but they have been on cruises before. I did enjoy the balcony I had on the Liberty 5 day. I do have another choice on the Valor for a grand oceanview for 220 more. Then I said maybe I will stay put.

Tough call. If you've had a balcony before, and liked having you're own quiet little space, away from the crowd on the Lido Deck, to sit and watch the ocean, and it won't break your budget, then go for it. Otherwise, stick with the ocean view and save the money for a deposit on your next cruise. ;)

DH said the same thing just use the money for our next trip. He wants to do an 8 day Caribbean so I will stay put.

It would depend on the price difference. If it wasn't much I would do it but I really think you need a longer cruise with several sea days to really see the value. I just wouldn't spend much time on it with a short cruise.

Edited by ray98

$200 to upgrade would be a little too steep for my taste on a 4 night cruise, on a 7/8 nighter I would do it, but not on a 4 night for more than $100 imo.

At least your in an OV and will be able to see everything outside, just not physically go outside.

No, I would not spend $200 to upgrade to a balcony on a 4-night cruise (and I am someone who almost always cruises in a balcony room.)

I recently traveled on a 4-night cruise with someone who had limited funds, so we booked an interior room. There was so much going on that the ONLY time we were in the room was to sleep (and we slept really well in the dark and quiet!) Booking the interior made this cruise super affordable, so I'm cruising with hubby next month on a 7-day cruise with a balcony.

I see you already decided but I always do balcony now. Well actually I tend to book OV but always upgrade lol Doesn't matter how short it is, I'm not one to join in on the contests or group activities I'd much rather just chill on my balcony and take in the view so 3 or 7 day doesn't matter a balcony is always worth the money. If you are one to be out and about and stay busy all day it wouldn't be worth it on a short cruise unless the price drops super low.

If OVs book up fast now and then you'll see balconies go cheaper than what you paid for OV or close, then you still may want to move.

I used to always get a balcony. Then I realized that, although I did spend time out there, I enjoyed it more on the Lido or Serenity decks at night with the stars and the breeze - nothing overhead or side to side to interfere with my view.

So I spend so much time up there on the public decks, I've change to OV only and use the savings for fun things like excursions or steakhouse meals.

Edited by Florings