Royal Caribbean "Dining Woes"

johnjen

My DH and I also like to meet new people. We were on a table for 6 on a 7 day Oasis cruise. One night we went to specialty dinning, so out of 6 nights, we were by ourselves on a table for 6. One night, mid cruise, the "newlyweds" should up, didn't really care about meeting anyone and never came back. The other couple, never showed. Wish we had a table for 2 around other tables for 2. You never know what will happen. Good luck.

My DH and I also like to meet new people. We were on a table for 6 on a 7 day Oasis cruise. One night we went to specialty dinning, so out of 6 nights, we were by ourselves on a table for 6. One night, mid cruise, the "newlyweds" should up, didn't really care about meeting anyone and never came back. The other couple, never showed. Wish we had a table for 2 around other tables for 2. You never know what will happen. Good luck.

I wish there was a way for people to indicate if they are not going to attend their assigned dining. I would think a solution would be to have them actually sign up for MTD, but maybe these are new cruisers who don't know that their absence at a table creates a hole. We just got off a 9 day cruise where one couple never showed. However we still met a nice couple and have decided to go on a back to back with them and share a table again.

The real question is why should the customer have to do all the work? Especially since they were clear on what they wanted from start and were assured that was what they would get.

They shouldn't but if they don't, then they won't get what they want...unless they'd prefer to play the victim and post here on CC. Been on enough cruises to know that mix-ups happen.

They shouldn't but if they don't, then they won't get what they want...unless they'd prefer to play the victim and post here on CC. Been on enough cruises to know that mix-ups happen.

Much easier and better to spend ones money with a cruise line that doesn't make the customer do all the work.

The irony here is we finally switched to MTD after two consecutive cruises sitting alone at large tables. To top it off, we still met some very nice people nearby while sitting at two tops. For us the lesson learned was large tables won't guarantee meeting new people.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have also I cruise solo and in the last couple of years I have ended up at way too many tables with just me or me and one or two others I decided I was better just showing up and asking for a large table

Much easier and better to spend ones money with a cruise line that doesn't make the customer do all the work.

I get what you're saying but find me that mass market cruise line that doesn't when a mistake is made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On our last cruise with Anthem (it'll be our last on the larger dynamic dining system), we once again ended up not getting our dining choice where we wanted to be seated at a large table. We were seated ourselves as a couple, with zero interaction with anyone else; we like the idea of meeting new people for dinner.

So now we're booked on Brilliance next year; a smaller ship. When we booked this cruise, we voiced our concerns to the agent on Anthem; she affirmed we were being situated at a large table, ten or less, early dining. We were happy.

Just yesterday I went to look at our reservations - they were changed to "your time dining." When I called to ask what happened, I was told that early dining was fully booked...??? When I explained we were originally booked for early dining at a large table he told me we never actually were.

In case you haven't noticed - couples are usually rushed through the meal while the larger tables are allowed to take their grand old time - we miss that.

The best method of handling this - do I just write a letter, or continue to talk on the phone, addressing my concerns? The excuse that "larger groups booked get the larger tables" tells me that, regardless of how far you book from the date of the cruise, couples are set aside to tables for two, while the larger groups get the higher precedence.

They will lie to get you to book.

We may have been the couple who never showed up in the MDR. Last November, we were on the Anthem and we tried Dynamic Dining. We had a set time, but we're still required to wait 45 minutes! So, that was the end of MDR for us. Since then, we have only eaten dinner at Coastal Kitchen or one of the Specialty restaurants. I don't think we will ever eat at the MDR again on Royal and we have 8 cruises booked through 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk