Oasis of the Seas

jsrnec

Hi, as you all can see this is MY FIRST POST!!!! OK so myself, wife, 10 year old daughter and mother in law are going on the Oasis in Oct 2017 our first time on RCL. My question is simple I think. Is there a link or something where I can view the things that are complementary on the ship? I thought I read something someplace that the arcade was free as well as a candy shop? Maybe what dinning venues are complementary as well. Oh and I plan on getting the deluxe or ultimate drink package for the 3 adults, would I need to get a soda plan for my daughter or can I let her use the souvenir cup that we have with the package. Thanks in advance

Arcade is not free.

Complimentary food venues: Main Dining Room, Windjammer (buffet), Solarium Cafe (breakfast/lunch only), Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, Park Cafe,

Wipeout Cafe, Boardwalk Dog House, Vitality Cafe, Johnny Rockets (breakfast only).

Edited by clarea

No, you are not allowed to share your souvenir cup with your daughter. Can you get away with it? Probably. Should you? No.....you're stealing product which causes prices to rise for everyone. You should buy a soda package for her. Enjoy!!

Candy shop also not free.

Complimentary activities that I can think of off the top of my head: merry go round, zip line, flow rider, Camp Ocean (before 10 PM), nightly shows, lots of daily activities like trivia, dancing, movies, etc (search the boards or reviews for past Cruise Compasses which will show what is free and what has a fee).

Activities/venues that have a fee off the top of my head: Wine/liquor tastings, specialty restaurants, build-a-bear, cupcakes, Ben & Jerrys, candy shop, shops.

Bob..

The solarium is still a charge for dinner? I read somewhere on a thread its now complimentary. Was that ship specific or their charge was perhaps overlooked?

You are correct, the Solarium Bistro (Solarium Cafe at dinner) was recently reported to be complimentary now. Thanks for catching that.

No, you are not allowed to share your souvenir cup with your daughter. Can you get away with it? Probably. Should you? No.....you're stealing product which causes prices to rise for everyone. You should buy a soda package for her. Enjoy!!

Fortunately for all of us we are blessed with Cruise Moral Police watching over us and constantly reminding us of right & wrong.

I don't get my kids a soda package because I don't want them to drink soda all day.

Although on occasion, I do let them use the cup, No biggie.

Sometimes I just ask the bartender to give them a glass of soda.

And he does........

Activities/venues that have a fee off the top of my head: Wine/liquor tastings, specialty restaurants, build-a-bear, cupcakes, Ben & Jerrys, candy shop, shops.

The Cupcake Cupboard is no longer there. It is now a Kate Spade store, which is most certainly not free! :D

Fortunately for all of us we are blessed with Cruise Moral Police watching over us and constantly reminding us of right & wrong.

I don't get my kids a soda package because I don't want them to drink soda all day.

Although on occasion, I do let them use the cup, No biggie.

Sometimes I just ask the bartender to give them a glass of soda.

And he does........

I don't usually agree with your posts, but this one made me laugh:D

Luckily, the "soda" package is actually a cup to use at the Coke Freestyle machines, which also have flavored waters and HiC in addition to soda. Although your daughter may be able to use your cup, she probably would not be able to go to any bar and order a soda for free because she won't have the sticker on her card. She may find it cumbersome to drag the cup around everywhere.

The Cupcake Cupboard is no longer there. It is now a Kate Spade store, which is most certainly not free! :D

The ice cream place now has the cupcakes as well. It's right next to the carousel. The cupcakes and ice cream are both extra charges.

Question asked and answered. Are you seeking validation or just being critical?

Hi, as you all can see this is MY FIRST POST!!!! OK so myself, wife, 10 year old daughter and mother in law are going on the Oasis in Oct 2017 our first time on RCL. My question is simple I think. Is there a link or something where I can view the things that are complementary on the ship? I thought I read something someplace that the arcade was free as well as a candy shop? Maybe what dinning venues are complementary as well. Oh and I plan on getting the deluxe or ultimate drink package for the 3 adults, would I need to get a soda plan for my daughter or can I let her use the souvenir cup that we have with the package. Thanks in advance

Welcome to Cruise Critic and Royal Caribbean!! Go to the site below, where you can talk to your fellow cruisers going on the Oasis the same week as you!:cool: Happy cruising!!:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2342836

Our friends, John&LaLa are on that week and they can help you out a lot!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by SilkySal
add

Take the time to just walk around the ship, stair cases and different locations.

The art work and detailing on the ship are well done.

Look at the cruise compass to see the activities offered, there is more to do than just go to the pool.

Enjoy cruising, we do.

Safe travels.

The ice cream place now has the cupcakes as well. It's right next to the carousel. The cupcakes and ice cream are both extra charges.

You can get ice cream for no charge at the Wipeout Cafe and on the pool deck near the kids area.

Edited by iamcsm

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Since you have 400 days to plan, may I suggest you join the roll call of people who are on your cruise? You can find that here. This will help pass the time!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2342836

Great choice for a first cruise.

Edited by BillOh

You are correct, the Solarium Bistro (Solarium Cafe at dinner) was recently reported to be complimentary now. Thanks for catching that.

I read that somewhere too, but on My Planner, it still shows up as a $20 charge. Should I expect a Credit for the already reserved Dinner Reservation I made?

Thanks

I read that somewhere too, but on My Planner, it still shows up as a $20 charge. Should I expect a Credit for the already reserved Dinner Reservation I made?

Thanks

No idea, but I'd cancel and take my chances booking onboard.

As a general rule, just about everything you'll want to do is complimentary. The things that aren't, will be fairly obvious. Specialty dining is the main one, and that's just a couple of restaurants really. The premium ice cream shop on the boardwalk, extra charge. Soft serve by the pools and Wipeout Cafe, free. There is robust complimentary options everywhere on the ship and in every neighborhood - so you will never feel like you have to whip out the wallet (sea card) and pay for anything unless you really want to.

BNBR is giving great advice.

It is very possible to have a full and satisfying cruise without spending much additional money.

A daily service charge (tips) will be added to your account, unless you've prepaid them. Other that that, we rarely spend anything. We drink the included beverages (water, sugar-free flavored water, iced tea, lemonade, coffee, tea, etc). We carry on the permitted 2 bottles of wine, pour ourselves a glass in the room and take it with us to dinner or to the show. Perhaps we'll buy a few more drinks and a photo. We usually purchase an internet package, because we want to, but could easily do without it too.

Some people have onboard accounts that are almost as large as they paid for the cruise. If you are budget conscious, stick with the complementary stuff and occasional splurges

Welcome to Cruise Critic. This is Gambee's Blog. He has been a member here for quite a while and supplies tons of information....reviews, menu's, kids clubs, tips, etc. etc. I am sure you will find it useful.

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/

Good Luck!!!!:):):)

I just spent my entire morning reading his blog. No laundry, no cleaning, no errands got done, but I loved every minute!!!

Like Donna said, you can get away with spending very little extra.

Shows are all free and very good, ice skating in sea days, zip line and all that is included.

Plenty of complimentary food choices: Park Cafe, Sorrentos, Promenade cafe (food not drinks) windjammer, Wipe out, Boardwalk dog, Solarium (jury us out about dinner but breakfast and lunch), MDR, room service ($4 late night charge) and Johnny Rockets for breakfast. American icon does a good sea day breakfast/brunch/lunch.

Dreamworks parade was fun- get there early!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From all the information I could find it appears Solarium is complimentary on Quantum class ships with a different menu and is still a paid option for dinner on Oasis

It's been reported very recently that the Solarium Bistro on Oasis is now complimentary.