Anthem eliminates Dynamic Dining

TeeRick

Not sure if I'm too conservative for this things, but the DD idea was never of my like. Despite Harmony doesn't offer DD, just watching the three different decors, was unpleasant to my sight, especially Silk, I hated that PF Chang's decor.

Edited by Pipo

I received the call and all of the 4 free resturants will all have the same menu and formal nights will be specific nights not just at the grande

We sailed on the Quantum April 24, 2015 and we are big lobster fans so with the Dynamic Dining were able to have lobster almost every night. We also liked dining in the main dining room on the other ships, and we especially liked dining in the 'Blu Restaurant' on the 'Celebrity Summit' because we had an 'Aqua' suite. We also sailed on the Grandeur September 25, 2015, could have bumped into you maybe. We were disappointed in the Grandeur cruise because of the weather and the run down condition of the ship. We sailed on the Grandeur in October of 2006 and went thru a Gale Storm that caused a lot of the damage to the ship. it also had a hole in the hull and they tried to hide behind a couple of Life Boats when we were in a port, but it was a fun and interesting cruise. I could tell you some wild stories from that cruise

Not exactly the same. It wasn't something that was happening and then taken away. Ship wasn't built for DD. There was no hype about it. Quantum class was unique and designed for DD. Royal caved and I'm very disappointed in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get where you're coming from, but they did indeed try to hype up DD when it was supposed to come to Oasis Class. And as a matter of fact, when I booked my Oasis Cruise, I was supposed to have DD and it was plastered all over the webpage for Oasis. They pulled that right out from under us, which at the time was a good thing IMO.

FWIW, I'm on the same side of this fight as you are. I think they should've stuck it out. Maybe eliminate Classic, maybe revamp the computer systems, I don't know. I'm just saying that the new set up on Anthem is not going to be that different from the current set up on Oasis/Allure/Harmony (except for the capacity issue, but I'm more speaking of decor). I understand that it will be a series of 4 smaller rooms, but I guess I can live with that.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Not exactly the same. It wasn't something that was happening and then taken away. Ship wasn't built for DD. There was no hype about it. Quantum class was unique and designed for DD. Royal caved and I'm very disappointed in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blame your fellow cruisers! Royal will never be able to satisfy everyone but apparently people against change to DD made the loudest noise!

I get where you're coming from, but they did indeed try to hype up DD when it was supposed to come to Oasis Class. And as a matter of fact, when I booked my Oasis Cruise, I was supposed to have DD and it was plastered all over the webpage for Oasis. They pulled that right out from under us, which at the time was a good thing IMO.

FWIW, I'm on the same side of this fight as you are. I think they should've stuck it out. Maybe eliminate Classic, maybe revamp the computer systems, I don't know. I'm just saying that the new set up on Anthem is not going to be that different from the current set up on Oasis/Allure/Harmony (except for the capacity issue, but I'm more speaking of decor). I understand that it will be a series of 4 smaller rooms, but I guess I can live with that.

I know we're on the same side......LOL We really enjoyed eating at the different restaurants when we were on Quantum. It made dinners interesting, especially when your on the ship for 12 nights. We had absolutely no issues eating with our friends every night, we made all reservations ahead of time and linked all of us together and we had no issue changing a restaurant or 2 or time of dinner once on board. We simply told them the night before we wanted to change a time for the following night and it all was pretty simple. We never even had a long wait to get into the restaurant - I'd say we never waited more than 5 minutes if that.

Sure......there were big issues with DD on Quantum and way to many complaints in the beginning. My feeling is it was due to their crappy reservation site and them not having enough staff or enough trained staff in the restaurants. They did give them additional staff/assistance by the time we cruised on Quantum, things were running pretty smoothly. We had no issues at all with DD and after reading all the negative posts, we were pleasantly surprised.

I read a post from someone who was talking so negative about Anthem and she posted "Thank God, they are getting rid of DD". Someone else asked her if she was on Quantum or Anthem, or both. Her reply "NEITHER", but my friend was on Anthem. This is how negative posts keep growing. You have someone who wasn't even on the ship complaining about it.

LOL

Guess I'm most upset because it's going to take effect on our cruise 11/27 and I hate to be negative, but I see nothing but chaos and confusion for guests on that cruise which will equal lots of "COMPLAINERS".

Have a great Sunday!

Edited by beachbuddy

One of the issues with DD was the lack of staff. There seemed to be less assistant waiters and waiters were run off their feet. Am I correct in this observation?

Will they add more staff when traditional begins?

Yes, I agree with your observation. When we did DD Classic, it was a bit better, but the waiter still seemed overworked, and the asst waiter was spread too thin. The waiter was left to do more of the tasks typically done by the assistant

Read all the posts (well most of them) and still confused as to what DD WAS. If I'm understanding correctly, they had traditional (which you picked early or late and rotated restaurants). - And. - MTD (that you picked the times and restaurants each night that u wanted & also needed reservations). Let me know if I'm right in the descriptions of dining that remains and what I'm going to miss with DD. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Read all the posts (well most of them) and still confused as to what DD WAS. If I'm understanding correctly, they had traditional (which you picked early or late and rotated restaurants). - And. - MTD (that you picked the times and restaurants each night that u wanted & also needed reservations)....

You could make reservations with DD Choice, but they were not mandatory. Just like MTD.

Thanks. I guess I'm having a dumb day... So, what's the difference?

DD had a choice of 4 "free" restaurants, each with different menus. I'm not sure how it is now, but last I heard the menus in each restaurant changed only once per cruise.

Read all the posts (well most of them) and still confused as to what DD WAS. If I'm understanding correctly, they had traditional (which you picked early or late and rotated restaurants). - And. - MTD (that you picked the times and restaurants each night that u wanted & also needed reservations). Let me know if I'm right in the descriptions of dining that remains and what I'm going to miss with DD. Thanks

DD was a concept that had several dining rooms that you had to reserve ahead of time for everyday of the cruise, just like the entertainment. Took me hours to try to get it all planned. Way too much work and not worth the effort!! No MDR. A terrible idea that personally I am glad it died before it infected more ships!!

Edited by gagirl7143

DD had a choice of 4 "free" restaurants, each with different menus. I'm not sure how it is now, but last I heard the menus in each restaurant changed only once per cruise.
It changed every 4 days, so if you did one restaurant each of the first 4 days, then you could go back to them the next four days and have the second set of menus. On cruises longer than 8 days, they would go back to the first set of menus, and so on.

It changed every 4 days, so if you did one restaurant each of the first 4 days, then you could go back to them the next four days and have the second set of menus. On cruises longer than 8 days, they would go back to the first set of menus, and so on.

Thanks Donna.