Anthem eliminates Dynamic Dining

TeeRick

Thanks. I guess I'm having a dumb day... So, what's the difference?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The difference is that with dynamic dining, you had a choice of reserving 4 different restaurants each night with each restaurant having an unique menu of its own. With the new way of dining, you will be assigned to just one restaurant for the duration of your cruise and all restaurant menus will be the same across all 4. There will no longer be unique menus for each restaurant. There is no MDR on this ship-instead there are 4 smaller restaurants. For example, if you ate at Silk, menu was geared toward Asian food. That will no longer happen. Very disappointed because we really enjoyed eating at different places each night and seeing the decor of each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So will we get an opportunity to choose which dining room we will now be dining in for the entire cruise?

No, they will tell you were your eating once onboard. Traditional will be assigned to either the Grande or Chic and MTD will be assigned to Silk or American Icon.

No, they will tell you were your eating once onboard. Traditional will be assigned to either the Grande or Chic and MTD will be assigned to Silk or American Icon.

I don't like it at all :(

We have DD (still on cruise planner) and we planned to reserve most our meals in Grande (don't mind dressing up for dinner).

Now it seems we are out of luck just because we'll have My Time Dining.

What bothers me the most that RCL was selling us one product when we booked and them changed it before the cruise.

This is really bad marketing no matter what's the reason behind it. They already SOLD us the product, took our money and then changed it.

Edited by Aldeya

I literally, like an hour ago, booked a cruise for May 25th on the anthem of the seas and my ONLY dinner choice was Dynamic.

Doesn't surprise me.

Communication is terrible between the different departments of RCI, and at this point, the IT team might not even know about the change, and therefore haven't updated the website. They also could still be discussing how they plan to move forward with this.

I don't like it at all :(

We have DD (still on cruise planner) and we planned to reserve most our meals in Grande (don't mind dressing up for dinner).

Now it seems we are out of luck just because we'll have My Time Dining.

What bothers me the most that RCL was selling us one product when we booked and them changed it before the cruise.

This is really bad marketing no matter what's the reason behind it. They already SOLD us the product, took our money and then changed it.

Which cruise are you on? Our final payment for ours was last week and this was announced day after our final payment was due. If they make changes my thoughts are they shouldn't be after final payment when people can't cancel. Our cruise is 11/27 which is the effective date of the change.

We are frequent and long time Royal cruisers. The past menus were so predictable we could decide which menu would be on what day in the MDR. Last May we cruised Anthem, and were really impressed with the additional menu offerings with Dynamic Dining. We even hoped Royal might even adopt some of the ideas and menus in the MDRs of other ships. Most people ask us about the food after a cruise. Now we will have to say same as usual.

We are frequent and long time Royal cruisers. The past menus were so predictable we could decide which menu would be on what day in the MDR. Last May we cruised Anthem, and were really impressed with the additional menu offerings with Dynamic Dining. We even hoped Royal might even adopt some of the ideas and menus in the MDRs of other ships. Most people ask us about the food after a cruise. Now we will have to say same as usual.

Totally agree! Food we had on Quantum was the best we had on any Royal ship. Been sailing with Royal since 2001.

Why can they not give good food without DD?

I think some people believe that removing DD means going back to the regular RCL menus.

It is possible that there would be a new set of menus, combining items from all 4 DD menus each night, or rotate the current menus, e.g. Tonight every restaurant serve the Grande menu and it is formal night, then tomorrow the Silk menu etc.

For me DD is not a reason I booked Anthem for, but it was something that sounded interesting. Hope they would something else better by the time I get on.

Why don't all the major lines stop pretending and go to the NCL freestyle system. I mean that is what most people want anyway, they want to do what they want when they want dressed how they want. Just call it something different.

I like dressing up and I like the feel like I'm out for dinner it is what I like. Really liked DD so no freestyle is not my thing

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

That would solve half the problem if they kept these new and innovative menus. We still were looking forward to not being trapped in the same venue for 10 nights.

With that being said the "new crateative and innovative" menus look identical to what we've become so sick of from our past 4 cruises the past four years on oasis allure, freedom and independence. Only difference is that these say "Anthem" in the upper right hand corner.

These sample menus can be seen in a link provided by Royal Caribbean within the secretive press release that was posted by someone on an earlier page.

That would solve half the problem if they kept these new and innovative menus. We still were looking forward to not being trapped in the same venue for 10 nights.

With that being said the "new crateative and innovative" menus look identical to what we've become so sick of from our past 4 cruises the past four years on oasis allure, freedom and independence. Only difference is that these say "Anthem" in the upper right hand corner.

These sample menus can be seen in a link provided by Royal Caribbean within the secretive press release that was posted by someone on an earlier page.

Just cancel and go on Breakaway. You were going back and forth about those two ships to begin with, book the cruise that will let your blood pressure settle.

If it wasn't for the ports it would be an easy decision. As someone who values the company I am disappointed that Royal is changing the experience for people who already gave final payment. What's the rush, why not wait until sometime in 2017 when people can properly adjust their cruise with adequate time or book the new experience?

After going back and forth we were finally set on and looking forward to Dynamic Dining and the Anthem and the new experience within a company we love.

If it wasn't for the ports it would be an easy decision. As someone who values the company I am disappointed that Royal is changing the experience for people who already gave final payment. What's the rush, why not wait until sometime in 2017 when people can properly adjust their cruise with adequate time or book the new experience?

After going back and forth we were finally set on and looking forward to Dynamic Dining and the Anthem and the new experience within a company we love.

Same with us. This was announced day after our final payment date. They definitely aren't going to be delivering the product we paid for.

I understand your frustration with the change but you "value the company" yet you're disappointed with the entertainment, sick of the menus, don't want to be trapped in the same venue for 10 nights, etc. Really seems like you would do better to jump ship and try something new.

The menus that have been posted here do have some of the items that were on Anthem this past week when we sailed. They do also have some of the same items we have seen for years on the other ships we have sailed. We are glad we got to try Dynamic Dining but we weren't overly impressed with what we saw. Silk was not great, worst service we have had in a long time and food was ok. We also went to Grande, American Icon and Chic. None of them really blew us away. Yes, they had some different things but not as many differences as I had seen on the menus posted from earlier in the year.

We really enjoyed Jamie's and went back for lunch our last day because it was so good.

Don't set yourself up for a frustrating vacation, if there is that much that you think you will not like, cut your losses now. Breakaway seems like a great ship to try too.