Anthem eliminates Dynamic Dining

TeeRick

We enjoyed dining on the Anthem. DD was something new & different. The problem as I saw it was , people had to wait to be seated every night. The 1st night of a cruise is ok but not every night. Every night of the cruise you would hear " how dare THEY make ME wait in line."

We enjoyed dining on the Anthem. DD was something new & different. The problem as I saw it was , people had to wait to be seated every night. The 1st night of a cruise is ok but not every night. Every night of the cruise you would hear " how dare THEY make ME wait in line."

DD Classic solved that.

Classic is what messed DD up!!!! It worked just fine before that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you are right. When they announced the classic option it was the first sign that Royal were wimping out of their original plan. They listened to very early criticism too much and tried to please everyone, diluting the idea. They should have stuck to their guns and if people preferred set dining times so much then there was the rest of the fleet to choose from.

We were considering another Anthem cruise, not now. If we are stuck with the fleet wide menus then I'd prefer to eat them in a big MDR and definitely not sat in the 'womb' aka the Silk restaurant with its inappropriate decor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I spent about 70 nights on Quantum and Anthem. I waited on line once for Grande out of all those nights. I pre-booked all my reservations and never had a problem. I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

I spent about 70 nights on Quantum and Anthem. I waited on line once for Grande out of all those nights. I pre-booked all my reservations and never had a problem. I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

Never thought the people that waited had more than a 10 minute wait. I guess either I'm wrong or 10 is still too long. I never did classic just original DD

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I think you are right. When they announced the classic option it was the first sign that Royal were wimping out of their original plan. They listened to very early criticism too much and tried to please everyone, diluting the idea. They should have stuck to their guns and if people preferred set dining times so much then there was the rest of the fleet to choose from.

We were considering another Anthem cruise, not now. If we are stuck with the fleet wide menus then I'd prefer to eat them in a big MDR and definitely not sat in the 'womb' aka the Silk restaurant with its inappropriate decor.

Totally agree! We're stuck on this one because we're pass final payment date but won't be booking this class in the future. We don't use Sea Plex, we don't do IFLY and we don't use Flow Rider so DD was the 1 thing we liked about the ship. I'd rather spend my money on other ships. Other ships even have nicer and larger pool areas.

Most people didn't have to wait in line. We made all reservations as well and never waited in long lines. People find anything to complain about and unfortunately, Royal listened to the Whiners who shouldn't have even been sailing on a DD ship if they wanted traditional dining. All they had to do was make reservations for 6 or 8:30, but then they cried because they didn't have the same waiter and the waiter didn't know what they drank every night. What babies!!!!Don't get me wrong, we don't mind traditional but that's why there are different ships with different experiences. Now Royal has nothing innovative, new or exciting in their Quantum Class. Same old menus as all their ships plus I won't be happy getting stuck in Silk for 12 nights. Personally, I think what they are doing is a step down from their other ships. We always do MTD on other ships, but at least we're in the same nice dining room as everyone else.

Edited by beachbuddy

plus I won't be happy getting stuck in Silk for 12 nights.

You won't be stuck in silk for 12 nights...it is either Icon or Silk.

Here are some proposed menus if they haven't been posted on here; http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Anthem/Dynamic_Dining_Menus.pdf

HLR

You won't be stuck in silk for 12 nights...it is either Icon or Silk.

Here are some proposed menus if they haven't been posted on here; http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Anthem/Dynamic_Dining_Menus.pdf

HLR

Exactly, we will be assigned one or the other for all 12 nights. Chic and the Grande are the 2 nicer rooms.

Exactly, we will be assigned one or the other for all 12 nights. Chic and the Grande are the 2 nicer rooms.

No...you will have the "choice" of those two for the 12 nights of your cruise. You won't be assigned a dinning room with MyTime. [Yes, I have heard Chic and The Grande are nicer]

No...you will have the "choice" of those two for the 12 nights of your cruise. You won't be assigned a dinning room with MyTime. [Yes, I have heard Chic and The Grande are nicer]

While those may be the two restaurants that will be used for MTD, I doubt very much we will have a choice of which restaurant we can book a reservation in.

Not sure about that. Our friend will be calling Royal tonight because evidently they changed some show times as well and we're already booked for them.

Where did you see that you had a choice? From what I understood you were going to be assigned one of the restaurants for the entire cruise.

Chic and Grande will be reserved for Traditional anyway. MTD will have Silk and Icon. And I doubt you'll have a choice with MTD... You'll make a MTD reservation and they'll put you in whatever venue has room.

But if American Icon and Silk are the MTD restaurants, surely once people experience the over the top Silk decor they will want American Icon instead causing a backlog or unavailability for that restaurant?

Where did you see that you had a choice? From what I understood you were going to be assigned one of the restaurants for the entire cruise.

For traditional, you'll get assigned to one venue for the entire cruise (either Grande or Silk).

I wouldn't be surprised if MTDiners get bounced around between Silk and Icon based on which one has more availability. I doubt the actual cruiser would have a choice though.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Most people didn't have to wait in line. We made all reservations as well and never waited in long lines. People find anything to complain about and unfortunately, Royal listened to the Whiners who shouldn't have even been sailing on a DD ship if they wanted traditional dining. All they had to do was make reservations for 6 or 8:30, but then they cried because they didn't have the same waiter and the waiter didn't know what they drank every night. What babies!!!!Don't get me wrong, we don't mind traditional but that's why there are different ships with different experiences. Now Royal has nothing innovative, new or exciting in their Quantum Class. Same old menus as all their ships plus I won't be happy getting stuck in Silk for 12 nights. Personally, I think what they are doing is a step down from their other ships. We always do MTD on other ships, but at least we're in the same nice dining room as everyone else.

Nothing except:

RipCord

NorthStar

Sportsplex

The Music Hall

Jamie's Italian

Michael's Pub

Wonderland

The Quantum class ships still have much to offer that isn't available on other ships.

Nothing except:

RipCord

NorthStar

Sportsplex

The Music Hall

Jamie's Italian

Michael's Pub

Wonderland

The Quantum class ships still have much to offer that isn't available on other ships.

There's restaurants on all their ships and actually, my worse meal was in Jaimie's. I bet they'll be adding Wonderland to other ships as well. Music hall is nice but all their ships have a room where bands play. They just have different names. North Star - if you do it once, you don't have to do it again. It's not s big deal. Two 70 is a nice room so I'll give them that. All the other stuff doesn't hold any appeal to me. Honestly, my favorite class ship is Radiance Class, but others might like all the gimmick things on this one.

Edited by beachbuddy

In one sense he is right, unless they cut the ship apart at the next dry dock, the venues are limited to what they were designed for. So the name will change and there will be some tinkering with the menu, but the math/physics will dictate what fits in the 4 venues.

I agree. I said earlier in the thread that I see it as basically just a name change. It's an attempt to placate the whiners. The logistics of rotating venues is really the only major change, since that will no longer be necessary.