Anyone stayed below the Trident Grill?

CallistaSkye

When we booked our rooms, unfortunately I completely forgot to check out what was above us/below us.

Below us are more staterooms, since we are on Riviera. But when I checked today to see what is above us, we are basically right underneath the Trident Grill.

Has anyone stayed there? Do you know if it's super noisy? I happened to check because someone mentioned on another thread not to stay below the restaurants due to the noise levels. Which of course it's too late for us to change anything on.

I mean, at least we are not directly underneath the pool, so hopefully the chairs noises won't be crazy. I plan on taking earplugs just in case.

But I really wish I had remembered to book Aloha deck instead. =(

I stayed in this location before ... it was right under the tables set out for the Trident Grill on the Riviera Deck. I will NEVER EVER book a cabin in this location ... noisy 24/7 and not just normal noise ... it was ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!! I had gotten it as a guarantee and it was before I knew about Cruise Critic or even how to look for a good cabin. It wasn't only the scraping of the chairs but they set up the pool deck chairs in the morning (really early to boot) with a big loud bang .... and several stacks so it goes on for about 45 minutes ... and then comes set up so more chair scraping.

They also have deck parties so you will hear every foot step of anybody that is not wearing soft soled shoes. Once that is done, security walks overhead throughout the night and their shoes are hard soled. Well ... I could go on but think you get the idea. We actually had to pay to go into the Sanctuary just to get some sleep during the day ... that is until they temporarily revised their policy and let screaming little brats in while we were in there. I begged for a quiet cabin anywhere on the ship but to no avail. We were on a balcony and I said I would accept an inside cabin if they could just relocate me.

If there are any other cabins available in your category (which now I know), you can ask to be moved to one of those. Take my word on this ... it will save your cruise.

Thank you everyone for your responses! Now I feel silly for worrying. From the sounds of it, it probably would have been completely fine!

I ended up calling and having us switched to what is essentially the exact same room, but forward a little bit, and on the opposite side of the ship on the same floor and ship position, which is perfect.

It's underneath other passenger rooms, instead of the pool area/Trident Grill, but same spot. Switching it meant calling twice because the first time I called to get it moved, the representative put us in a room directly underneath the Buffet, and also next to the laundromat. So that was my bad for not seeing what was available still and researching it before agreeing to it.

The second time I called, I asked about the current room after seeing it was available on the website, and she said that was still available and moved us.

I felt really ridiculous calling back literally minutes after asking to get the room switched, but they were extremely nice about it. I hate being that annoying person calling in to change rooms. So props to their customer service people for being so kind.

Edited by CallistaSkye

Switching it meant calling twice because the first time I called to get it moved, the representative put us in a room directly underneath the Buffet, and also next to the laundromat.

I felt really ridiculous calling back literally minutes after asking to get the room switched, but they were extremely nice about it. I hate being that annoying person calling in to change rooms. So props to their customer service people for being so kind.

We have been under the HC a number of times. There were no noise from rolling carts, chair movements, etc. that disturbed our rest.

Ditto!! The only thing is I can sleep on the back of a fire truck going to a fire.

Tony

haha good to know! I used to sleep like that, actually. I literally slept through our neighbors house burning down to the foundation as a kid. There were firetrucks galore, ambulances with sirens, everything...and I had no clue.

Once I'm asleep it's usually fine but if I get woken up I have a hard time falling back asleep now.

I think switching the rooms was still a good idea. I mean, of course there still could be super noisy neighbors or something, so I'll just take earplugs in case.