What are you favorite Pinnacle Dinner selections?

RMLincoln

I enjoy the beef carpaccio starter in the MDR; is the steak tartar similar? How is it prepared?

I'm big on crab cakes, like too compare them from different parts of the country. To me there's no wrong way, only different. But I was thinking that they'd be too heavy with the halibut and shrimp scampi.

Can I order crab cakes and a salad? Too bad I couldn't get a side of the risotto, well maybe for a fee but I probably wouldn't do that. DH doesn't eat asparagus, nor brussel sprouts. Might have to share carrots, meh. or I'm sure I can pass and just enjoy the salad if I can do that with another starter. m--

My husband orders the steak tartare Each and Every Time we dine in the PG, which is quite often. He really loves it.

We usually go with the filet, an order of asparagus and one of brussels sprouts. Appetizers are varied and we like most of them, but the crab cakes do stand out. For dessert we always got the chocolate volcano cake, but branched out to try the lemon tart last time and loved it.

I enjoy the Crab Cakes and Shrimp Cocktail as well as the Beefsteak Tomato/Mozzarella Salad.

The excellent Lamb Chops are better IMO than those in the MDR. The small Lobster Tail was excellent with the Petite Filet. (The Filet was good, but I miss Sterling Silver Beef.) The Cioppino (seafood stew) was excellent!

Asparagus almost always are the very skinny stems (which, I think, is good). The Brussel Sprouts are good as well. I ordered a Baked Potato one evening and was pleased to be served a reasonably sized one that I could complete.

Dessert: the fresh Berries. I did not care for the Baked Alaska, but, thanks to Ruth, I now know that I can just request the ice cream which was good.

I would love to order the 18 oz Rib Eye. But, each time, I cannot bring myself to do that. I know that I would not be able to eat even half of it and just cannot stand to send that much food to be dumped into the garbage.

Edited by rkacruiser

We were told onboard just after the menu change that Steak Diane was pulled because flambe was not allowed per Coast Guard.

Odd because other lines have flambe items in their premium restaurants. They really did'n't ever have a large flame- was very small and controlled. For years and years I remember the Flaming Baked Alaska Parade in the MDR at the end of every cruise.

My guess is that it went away for the same reason tableside Caesar did to cut costs and staffing. Just a guess.....

My guess is that it went away for the same reason tableside Caesar did to cut costs and staffing. Just a guess.....

So the Caesar is not tossed table side? awwwww. I'd still like to have it along with the crab cakes, if I'm allowed, then I can pass on the shared side of veggies.

Anyone tried the souffle, vanilla with Drambuie cream truffle.... is the truffle chocolate or vanilla? m--

So the Caesar is not tossed table side? awwwww.

Caesar tossed tableside was discontinued for a while, but returned. I know I have had it tossed in front of me many times since that was stopped.

Unless it has been stopped again since I last cruised (coming on a year), then you should get the full show.

Caesar tossed tableside was discontinued for a while, but returned. I know I have had it tossed in front of me many times since that was stopped.

Unless it has been stopped again since I last cruised (coming on a year), then you should get the full show.

We had it table side on the Maasdam and NA this year.

Well I may just have to report back;) Thanks Ruth and Freestyling! m--

PS I made a rib eye steak for dinner tonight, a rarity here! DH asked what we were celebrating! I think this thread had a bit to do with it :p

Edited by RMLincoln