Luggage tags

theriac

I'm curious as when luggage tags become available. I read this on the "My Cruise Summary" page.

"Luggage Tags:

Your luggage tags are not yet available, Please check back regularly for updates. Luggage tags should be available approximately 2 months prior to your sailing once your reservation is paid in full. They will be included as a part of you printable eDocs."

I'm within the 2 month period, have printed my "Xpress Pass" and have not seen anything else about "printable eDocs" or where to print any tags. I also read somewhere about X sending them, but I don't believe that was from their website. The only kind of Luggage Tag I've seen was in the Xpress Pass, but it says not use them and to "...use the official luggage tags that are part of your Guest Ticket Booklet."

So at what point should I expect to get this booklet or am I completely missing something on the website.

I'm also in the US and using the US website if that helps.

Thanks!

....... I also read somewhere about X sending them, but I don't believe that was from their website. I'm also in the US and using the US website if that helps.

If you wish to have Celebrity mail luggage tags to you in advance, just have your cruise reservation number handy and call Celebrity Customer Service 1-844-418-6824

or if you are a member of the Captain's Club, call the Captain's Club number 1-800-760-0654

and ask them to send you luggage tags.

If you are using a travel agent, your TA should be able to obtain them for you.

There is no need to print them yourself (unless that is just something you enjoy doing).

But there is really no need to bother with luggage tags in advance at all because they are readily available at the port when you check in your bags.

The porters there will tag your bags for you before they load them on their carts,

or you can pick up some tags there and tag the bags yourself if you prefer.

That is what we usually do, although sometimes Celebrity mails us luggage tags in advance even if we didn't request them.

Edocs and the link to order luggage tags will show up on the Manage Reservation page on the websit. Generally that occurs about 49 days or less before sailing. If you booked airline reservations thru Celebrity then the Edocs & luggage tag link will not show up until you are less than 30 days from sailing,

They are usually attached to the second page of your Xpress Pass. We just blow them up and put them in clear plastic luggage tags to add to our bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The luggage tags shown with the Xpress pass are not the "real" luggage tags.

The ones correct in size and colour can be printed with the edocs as stated in other posts. They are not the same.

Just went through the same issue for our upcoming TA cruise. We were able to request our tags once we received the email from Celebrity that our E-Docs were available. I had even called Captains Club to secure them and she said that they were unavailable until the email was received. Finally received the email last week, about 45 days out.

Miaminice In Oz the only tags we get are attached to our e-docs we DONT get them here at all. So just reflecting different regions of the world have different policies. We often book direct with cruise lines and they STILL don't send tags, even TA's don't supply them[emoji17]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Miaminice In Oz the only tags we get are attached to our e-docs we DONT get them here at all. So just reflecting different regions of the world have different policies. We often book direct with cruise lines and they STILL don't send tags, even TA's don't supply them[emoji17]

;) Which is exactly what I said... because it is handled the same way with us. We do not receive luggage tags - we have to print them.

However, the ones that come on the second page of the Xpress pass after checking in online are only examples - black and white, no folding lines etc. ... and I think a tat smaller than the "real" ones.

Then there are the "edocs" (not the Xpress pass) which I mentioned. If you do not get them by email you can download them when logging into a MyCelebrity account on http://www.celebritycruises.com which works all over the world. There you can open your booking, go to "Manage Reservation" where you´ll find a button "Print Luggage Tags" under the cruise summary. Click on the button and the edocs will open. On one of the last pages you´ll find the luggage tags in the correct size, with folding lines and in colour.

We also print them and put them into luggage tag holder purchased on amazon some years ago.

Edited by Miaminice

You can print them from the edocs or about 4-6 weeks before your cruise sail date you can request for them to mail you the nicer ones.

I prefer these as then I dont have to pack tape as the ones they send you are sticky.

Keep checking, they'll be there and if in doubt, call.

Edocs and the link to order luggage tags will show up on the Manage Reservation page on the websit. Generally that occurs about 49 days or less before sailing. If you booked airline reservations thru Celebrity then the Edocs & luggage tag link will not show up until you are less than 30 days from sailing,

Thank you, I did book airline as well so that may be it.

Thanks everyone else for your input as well, and as always it is much appreciated.

I just want to have everything in order and printed(if I have to to print it) as soon as possible because if it's done last minute my printer either runs out of ink or doesn't want want to work with computer at that moment.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I never got the e-docs e-mail from Celebrity for my October 27 cruise. However, other people on the roll call were reporting that they had received it and ordered luggage tags, so I went into my reservation on the Celebrity site and ordered them. They arrived today. I really don't care if I ever get the e-docs since I never look at them anyway.

Miaminice, yes apologies we have done that as well from the e-docs page and they are a better size and easier to read. I forgot about e-docs-been awhile since I cruised with a mainline company and had completely forgot!

No apologie needed! I know all this stuff and the constant changes can be complicated.

Same as in Oz, in Germany luggage tags were never sent by mail. From our first cruise on we had to print them. Some years back we purchased luggage tag holders for very little money and used them ever since.

Easy to do... and whenever we get them ready the cruise feeling really starts :-)

I'm curious as when luggage tags become available. I read this on the "My Cruise Summary" page.

"Luggage Tags:

Your luggage tags are not yet available, Please check back regularly for updates. Luggage tags should be available approximately 2 months prior to your sailing once your reservation is paid in full. They will be included as a part of you printable eDocs."

I'm within the 2 month period, have printed my "Xpress Pass" and have not seen anything else about "printable eDocs" or where to print any tags. I also read somewhere about X sending them, but I don't believe that was from their website. The only kind of Luggage Tag I've seen was in the Xpress Pass, but it says not use them and to "...use the official luggage tags that are part of your Guest Ticket Booklet."

So at what point should I expect to get this booklet or am I completely missing something on the website.

I'm also in the US and using the US website if that helps.

Thanks!

Generally they will not be available until 30-45 days prior to sailing. They start cycling through 45 days prior, and its just a matter of when they get to you.

Generally they will not be available until 30-45 days prior to sailing. They start cycling through 45 days prior, and its just a matter of when they get to you.

Thanks, it's my first X cruise and I've always been used to printing them off immediately after finishing online check in. I actually saw I could order or print them today. I was just nervous when it said 60 days.

It's been interesting figuring out celebrity's website to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
I ordered our luggage tags about two weeks ago. How long do they usually take to arrive?

We got ours about a week after ordering them for a 12/11 cruise. I was surprised how fast they arrived. (The tags were ordered, and received, in the last couple weeks.)

The luggage tag link for our May 2016 Adriatic cruise never worked. About a month out I called Captain's Club and was told that the luggage tag link does not work until the edocs are issued and for some reason, they had not yet been issued. However, the Captain's Club rep ordered luggage tags for my cabin and my sister's cabin. Just for fun, I kept checking back and edocs were never issued for that cruise. I didn't care, I just wanted my luggage tags and my Express Pass. I had those so I was happy.

I ordered our luggage tags about two weeks ago. How long do they usually take to arrive?

In the past, the order luggage tags button really didn't get you the tags even though you thought they were ordered. If you haven't received them, I would call the Captain's Club number and request them. It doesn't matter if you get two sets should the others arrive.

In October I ordered ours from the website for an early Dec cruise and they came within one week.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

48 days out(last month) our eDocs were ready for printing and I ordered the tags. I received them a week later. I ordered the tags for our cruise last Feb in January and didn't receive them, so called Captains Club and had them a few days later. Maybe they've gotten better!:D