Ross formal dresses

jstcruizin

Ross ROCKS! I don't buy dresses there, but their other stuff is great! I love getting a shirt for $6 or jeans for $12! Yeah...I love a bargain! I haven't seen many "formal" gowns in our store, although they have tons of long/maxi dresses...."long" doesn't always equate to "formal", tho....

Unfortunately there is a Ross 5 minutes drive from our house and another 15 min drive:D I was in there yesterday and they had a ton of formal gowns, some cheap and nasty looking but many nice ones.

I have many formal gowns from a past life where I had to wear them at least once or twice a month but I do grab a new one now and again in Ross if it is suitable, think the most I have paid is about $60 but the average price for the better ones where I am is $30, kind of hard to beat.

There used to be a lady on here that absolutely loved Ross and use to to drive for miles and miles and miles to get to one to buy all her formal dresses.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

Wow you girls are very fortunate that the Ross stores where you shop stock nice dress choices. Yesterday I went to one near me and saw only what can be described as cheap and cheesy formals. Lots of those! Guess this store is where all the rejects go to die.

I find that with Ross and TJ Maxx that some stores are better than others, the more affluent or touristy the area the better the stuff, well round here anyway.

My two nearest each fall into one of those categories. The gowns are new in as I go in at least once a week to have a nosy, so maybe they will get some more in your local soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never found clothes at Ross that I liked but I read this thread and went this week. I walked out with a work/dinner dress ($12) and an evening gown ($28) and I love them both! I have a good feeling about Ross this season! There are 4 Ross stores within 8 miles of my house and the 2 Fort Lauderdale stores are the nicest. There is one 2 blocks from Port Everglades.

Wow you girls are very fortunate that the Ross stores where you shop stock nice dress choices. Yesterday I went to one near me and saw only what can be described as cheap and cheesy formals. Lots of those! Guess this store is where all the rejects go to die.

Do not have a Ross anywhere remotely near me. But there is a TJ Maxx a mile away, in the strip mall with my supermarket and Credit Union. I have never found anything worth spending a dollar on in that junk store. Every once in awhile I'll go in to see if there is something, but nothing at all that I'd catch myself wearing in public. This TJ Maxx just be like your Ross - where all the rejects and picked overs go to die. Someone said maybe the ones near the more affluent areas have better stuff - my store does not reflect that sentiment.

If I need to find a piece of clothing that I'm not willing to pay full price for, I hit up the local consignment and charity stores where our "ladies who lunch" take their used-once clothes. These ladies do NOT want to take the chance of being see in the same thing twice in a season ;)

Do not have a Ross anywhere remotely near me. But there is a TJ Maxx a mile away, in the strip mall with my supermarket and Credit Union. I have never found anything worth spending a dollar on in that junk store. Every once in awhile I'll go in t:Do see if there is something, but nothing at all that I'd catch myself wearing in public. This TJ Maxx just be like your Ross - where all the rejects and picked overs go to die. Someone said maybe the ones near the more affluent areas have better stuff - my store does not reflect that sentiment.

If I need to find a piece of clothing that I'm not willing to pay full price for, I hit up the local consignment and charity stores where our "ladies who lunch" take their used-once clothes. These ladies do NOT want to take the chance of being see in the same thing twice in a season ;)

Have a TJ Maxx nearby and only slightly better than Ross. Could it be that I'm too particular? Uhmm, I don't think so.:D

I stopped in my local one yesterday just browsing and saw a gown ( no not maxi, an actual formal gown) that was gorgeous I think it was $29.99 would have got it but I already purchased 2 for my cruise next August:D

Now I'm upset! ;)

All of you are talking about taking your pretty gowns on your cruises.. Unfortunately, our next cruise is on HAL & they no longer have Formal nights.. I used to be able to wear these dresses on HAL.. Not any more as the Psgrs, don't seem to dress up that much..:( Living in Florida, we don't dress up that often..

We leave in a little over a week & instead I'm taking a long black skirt with a semi=dressy top w/ matching jacket and another top with jacket for the second "Gala" night.. DH will not be wearing a TUX either.. He used to look so handsome in his TUX..:(

We have two Ross & two TJ Max stores very close by, but I don't shop in them any more..

Edited by serendipity1499

Now I'm upset! ;)

All of you are talking about taking your pretty gowns on your cruises.. Unfortunately, our next cruise is on HAL & they no longer have Formal nights.. I used to be able to wear these dresses on HAL.. Not any more as the Psgrs, don't seem to dress up that much..:( Living in Florida, we don't dress up that often..

We leave in a little over a week & instead I'm taking a long black skirt with a semi=dressy top w/ matching jacket and another top with jacket for the second "Gala" night.. DH will not be wearing a TUX either.. He used to look so handsome in his TUX..:(

We have two Ross & two TJ Max stores very close by, but I don't shop in them any more..

Even though HAL doesn't do the traditional old formal nights many women still dress as though they did. On our last cruise in December I wore both a long gown and a short, dressy cocktail gown. Never felt over-dressed. Many men were also wearing tuxes.

I've never found clothes at Ross that I liked but I read this thread and went this week. I walked out with a work/dinner dress ($12) and an evening gown ($28) and I love them both! I have a good feeling about Ross this season! There are 4 Ross stores within 8 miles of my house and the 2 Fort Lauderdale stores are the nicest. There is one 2 blocks from Port Everglades.

The merchandise at the Ross on 17th street turns over quick. A lot of the tourist and cruise workers go there. I was in the one on Pembroke Pines near Flamingo and they had a lot of gowns. Also the one in the Tower Shops. I used to never shop at Ross until a friend turned me on to them. :)

She also loves tjmaxx. I didn't know you can order from them online, but you can. You can also return items to the store. Please check the limitations.

http://tjmaxx.tjx.com/store/shop/women-s-plus-dresses/_/N-3011107635?ln=3:1:clothing#/store/products/women-clothing-plus-size-plus-dresses/_/N-3011107635?Ns=product.minListPrice%7C0%7C%7Cproduct.inventory%7C1&tag=srt

Edited by ReneeFLL

I had no idea! Thanks for this!