Chef table question

sdnich

This will be my second carnival cruise and I was confirmed for a dinner at the chef's table I'm very excited about ! My question is with the dinner it said that red and white house wine was available and I am getting the cheers package can I order a better wine with each course or do I have to just drink the house ? Also curious about shoes it said close toed no heels is a wedge OK with a peep toe i was only planning on bringing three pairs of shoes . And it said it was on the dressy night whatever that means on Carnival ?? I do like to dress up and would like to wear nice shoes for that evening !

This will be my second carnival cruise and I was confirmed for a dinner at the chef's table I'm very excited about ! My question is with the dinner it said that red and white house wine was available and I am getting the cheers package can I order a better wine with each course or do I have to just drink the house ? Also curious about shoes it said close toed no heels is a wedge OK with a peep toe i was only planning on bringing three pairs of shoes . And it said it was on the dressy night whatever that means on Carnival ?? I do like to dress up and would like to wear nice shoes for that evening !

I've done chef's table several times and loved it. The wine (and champagne) was very good so I never thought about it, but I would ask in advance at guest services. You are not in a bar area so if you wanted a "better" wine they might need to plan ahead.

I've never seen them crack down on shoes (unless someone was wearing flip flops) however I would be cautious more for the wedges. You will be touring the galley area. There will most likely be stairs and some uneven surfaces. If you're talking a 1-2 inch wedge probably not a problem, if you are talking about a 4 inch wedge I'd re-think that.

We just did the Chef's Table on the Legend a few weeks ago (it was terrific). We had the Cheers program and my husband was able to get soda with dinner instead of wine. Another couple had Cheers and the lady was able to get cocktails instead of wine. The staff seemed ready and willing to fulfill requests outside of the wine provided.

I hope you love it!

We did it on the Breeze last month where it's held in the galley. If you walk comfortably I think you will be ok.

Can't answer your wine question. My 16 year old granddaughter was offered her preference of non-alcoholic drinks.

Champagne was served with appetizers. Choice of red, white or both with entrees and the wait staff never let a wine glass get very low.

It's an experience, not a meal. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

We did it on the Breeze last month where it's held in the galley. If you walk comfortably I think you will be ok.

Can't answer your wine question. My 16 year old granddaughter was offered her preference of non-alcoholic drinks.

Champagne was served with appetizers. Choice of red, white or both with entrees and the wait staff never let a wine glass get very low.

It's an experience, not a meal. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

That is interesting on them refilling the wine. Our wait staff never refilled a single glass until the very end of the meal when they offered coffee. And, yes, there were lots of empty glasses. I think more wine would have gone a long way to loosen up the group we ate with :-)

That is interesting on them refilling the wine. Our wait staff never refilled a single glass until the very end of the meal when they offered coffee. And, yes, there were lots of empty glasses. I think more wine would have gone a long way to loosen up the group we ate with :-)

That's unfortunate. At every Chef's Table I've experienced they refilled wine glasses at every course change once seated.

You experience was certainly an anomaly.

This was definitely not the case at Chefs Tables that I have attended... They would literally hover behind you, waiting for you to take a sip, then promptly top off...

I think your shoes will be fine. I think it's sandals they don't want.

The first time on the Dream we had wine pairings and the wine was very good.

It was disappointing the second time on the Magic as they poured the same wine for each course. The wine wasn't bad, but the pairings was better.

As for not refilling glasses, that was never the case ours were always full.

Again, it's all about the food, which is outstanding.

Thanks for the input ! I am not worried about quantity of wine but more of quality! I love a wine dinner with different wine with each course and hope that is the case .Also having the cheers program I hope they would bring us better wines ( only if we do not like the house) I am a wine lover but not a snob about it 😀 Ok maybe sometimes LOL

We had Cheers and the Chef's Table on the Dream in January. Champagne starts the evening, and the rest of the evening it was red or white. We drank red all night and the glass was never empty. We never saw any cocktail servers in the galley.

Thanks for the input ! I am not worried about quantity of wine but more of quality! I love a wine dinner with different wine with each course and hope that is the case .Also having the cheers program I hope they would bring us better wines ( only if we do not like the house) I am a wine lover but not a snob about it [emoji3] Ok maybe sometimes LOL

There is not any wine pairings on Carnival CT, just a red and a white.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It might refer to the Cruise Elegant evenings?