Can OBC credit be used at check in?

capecodmercury

You'll do it onboard. Shoreside staff is only concerned with checking you through and getting you onboard with your Sea Pass card. Whenever/wherever you get your first drink, ask to be upgraded. I guarantee, whoever helps you will be delighted to upgrade you. They'll give you a slip to sign, put a sticker on your card and you'll be ready to roll.

You do it on board. It's not a hassle. As soon as you come on board, they will hand you a glass of bubbly or a mimosa and after you walk just a few steps there will be someone asking you if you want to upgrade, and someone else asking if you want to make a reservation at a specialty restaurant, or book a spa treatment.

You really cannot buy anything at check in. They will give you a shipboard pass key which acts as your room key and your on board credit card. Anything you buy goes on your shipboard account, and your OBC is entered on the same account as a credit.

It will often take a day or two to see your OBC entered on your account.

Edited by Bobby Dee

Hopefully a simple question. My wife and I are planning on upgrading to the premium drink package using OBC.

Can this be done while checking in at the dock or do I actually have to wait until I'm onboard? I hope I can do it ashore, it seems like a waste of time otherwise.

OBC is posted to your account and you use your Seapass Card to charge to your account. You receive your Seapass Card at check in. You can use it as soon as you get the card. They sometimes have a stand before you board where you can upgrade using your card. You will not have a problem quickly upgrading your package.

Edited by Orator

We booked Qsine for that evening while waiting to board the Summit to Bermuda in June, 2016. This opportunity had never been offered before on any of our other Celebrity sailings over the years. Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

At some ports they have a table inside the terminal between getting your key and getting on the ship.

It's really not a "waste of time" as it's about a 2 minute deal or less. We always wait until we're seated at the first bar or at lunch. That is, if we haven't already been given premium as perk. :D

When we board we go to the Oceanview Cafe for lunch. The bar server comes over while we are dining...we place drinks orders and order the upgrade...done. No time wasting at all. You have to pay local tax on purchases made in port, but they'll do the purchase by handwritten receipt to be entered into the purchase system later when there are no sales taxes.

Hopefully a simple question. My wife and I are planning on upgrading to the premium drink package using OBC.

Can this be done while checking in at the dock or do I actually have to wait until I'm onboard? I hope I can do it ashore, it seems like a waste of time otherwise.

not while checking in, no. there MIGHT be a table set up in the waiting area to do this but in my experience this is often nearly impossible to get to as everyone and their mother are in line or it is situated in a crazy spot where people just standing around not in line are in the way.

when you order your first drink on board the bar staff can easily make the change for you.

Then refrain from doing it. Simple.

The check in people are simple information checkers to make sure you were not kidnapped and someone is using your identity to escape the country. :eek::rolleyes: They have nothing to do with what happens on the ship.

If there is a kiosk to upgrade prior to boarding ship, you may wish to wait. Officially any charges while still in port are suppose to be charged applicable taxes (in Europe Vat can be as high as 21%). I have been told that if you charge the upgrade at a bar while still in port they will wait to enter the charge until after the ship is in international waters.

We do it onboard.

Do it as you order the first drink, takes about 30 secs longer.

Do it as you order the first drink, takes about 30 secs longer.

With reference to the original posters comment about wasting time, you are on holiday and have all the time in the world.

Relax and as people have said do it when you order your first drink. [emoji484]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app