in stateroom movie rental

nufan12345

hello all. my wife and I are taking a cruise on princess in a few months. in regards to the movie rentals in your room, do they offer any adult content movies? its an unorthodox question but wanted to ask anyways. thanks.

I have not seen any movie rentals on Princess ships, nor have I seen DVD players. Maybe full suites have the players, not sure. The Royal and Regal have on demand movies, TV shows and other content for free in every cabin. There are no 'adult' content movies, and live shows are all family oriented.

No "adult" movies on any Princess ship. Only what can be viewed by all passengers. No pay-per-view on any Princess ship. All movies are free. Not to have adult or "R" rated movies was a decision by Princess corporate.

Most Princess ships have several movie channels with a variety of movies from family to romance to classics. Plus, movies shown on MUTS or in the theater are available on the TV. The Royal and Regal have dozens of "on demand" movies that you can enjoy. Many are fairly recent in-theater movies.

Edited by Pam in CA

hello all. my wife and I are taking a cruise on princess in a few months. in regards to the movie rentals in your room, do they offer any adult content movies? its an unorthodox question but wanted to ask anyways. thanks.

That is a stay at home and watch that kind of movies.

Great for Princess they made the best decision not to show any * R * rated movies on their ships.

That is a stay at home and watch that kind of movies.

Great for Princess they made the best decision not to show any * R * rated movies on their ships.

I'm assuming the decision about R rated movies is for MUTS? Which I can appreciate, pg_13 or under makes sense. However, we've watched R rated movies on Royal Prncess's TV system last year. Some stupid ones, but they were R, one that comes to mind is Unfinished Business with Vincent Vaughn? (comes to mind cuz we just saw a portion again and it brought us back to the cruise in our minds). Not a great comedy by any means, but a diversion when getting ready for dinner.

Really enjoyed being able to pause and return to the movie or TV show later...

As for X rated movies - nope, not on Princess. Or any cruise line we've sailed. And can completely understand that one!

As for X rated movies - nope, not on Princess. Or any cruise line we've sailed. And can completely understand that one!

I was quite taken aback to see Adult movies available for pay-per-view on Celebrity Infinity a few years ago. Even if I had be sailing with a SO, I would have had no interest in spending $15 for a movie that I would have totally lost interest in and usefulness of halfway through :o

On a less jocular note, the fact that Princess has (rightly in my book) chosen not to have adult movies on its on demand system may be the reason they have not added the system to the older ships as previously promised. I have read that when another cruise line advertised for bids to add the system to their older ships they received none that did not require an extensive upcharge selection, likely including adults only content.

No rentals so you can't look for it on Princess.

I was quite taken aback to see Adult movies available for pay-per-view on Celebrity Infinity a few years ago. Even if I had be sailing with a SO, I would have had no interest in spending $15 for a movie that I would have totally lost interest in and usefulness of halfway through :o

Halfway through! I applaud your stamina. :D

Boo! What is wrong with a little choice? No one forces a pax to watch anything their morals or personal preferences oppose. As for children, that is what parents are for. It does not take a village. Jm2c.

There are a few among a small minority that feel it's for your moral good that they don't show certain "R" rated movies. Although I have seen some "R" movies that they've shown that must have slipped by Princess censors. They've even manager to eliminate the late night adult rated shows. :(