Is there really any advantage booking another cruise onboard????

portcbob

I don't book a specific cruise on board but do sign up to do Future Cruise and give a $100. Deposit that will go to a cruise I will book later and cruise within 2 yrs ( used to be 4yrs) so the benefits are only $100 deposit and OBC the amount depending how long your cruise is. We got $100 each for our upcoming cruise plus other OBC from a sale now have $500 OBC. So to us it's advantage.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Forums mobile app

Buy a Future Cruise Credit while on board, and then shop around at your leisure to find a price that suits you. Then, when you are ready to book, you get the better price and the advantage of the lower deposit. Unless there is a great sale going on at the time you are on board, you won't get a great price. Princess does not offer any special prices while on board that cannot be easily replicated when you are on land. And a Travel Agent may be able to do even better still.

Hi Princess cruisers.

Going on a 25 nighter on the Golden soon and just wondering if there is any real advantage booking another cruise whilst on the ship??????

Regards Bob.

No! The FCC staff is of little help on future cruise information. They will open a brochure for you, flip through the pages with pretty pictures and smile at you explaining the FCC applications and payment process. Buy the FCC and get out. Don't waste too much time with them. On the last cruise I just grab the applications and fill it out myself and deposit in the box.

We want to take advantage of the "Book 3 for Free" promotion Princess is now running on some sailings for the 49-day Majestic Princess sailing May 2017. We just used both our future cruise deposits to book B2B on Regal Princess late October to mid-November, so we don't have any on file until we sail then. The "3 For Free" promo only runs until Nov 16th, while we're still sailing, so we're going to slam down a future cruise deposit the first day on the ship to use to apply to that sailing, and then book the 49-day cruise while on the ship with the future cruise person at whatever price they have. Apparently, the booking automatically goes to our TA anyway (that booked the cruises we will be on) and she is free to lower the price substantially (which she always does for us) before we make final payment. That way we get everything we can applied to that rather long 49-day sailing (in addition to maximum shareholder OBC).

Also, we were on a 1-week Carib Princess cruise last spring, stopped by the future cruise office on a whim, and ended up booking with the future cruise guy and staying on for the very next week, for only $399/person. Super deal when we had nothing better to do!

I would've agreed that future cruise person was a waste of time until that happened :)

No! The FCC staff is of little help on future cruise information. They will open a brochure for you, flip through the pages with pretty pictures and smile at you explaining the FCC applications and payment process. Buy the FCC and get out. Don't waste too much time with them. On the last cruise I just grab the applications and fill it out myself and deposit in the box.

I agree. Just get the FCC and ask cruise facts here.

The "3 For Free" promo only runs until Nov 16th, while we're still sailing, so we're going to slam down a future cruise deposit the first day on the ship to use to apply to that sailing, and then book the 49-day cruise while on the ship with the future cruise person at whatever price they have.

AFAIK you can't use a FCD to apply to a cruise that you already have booked.

Apparently, the booking automatically goes to our TA anyway (that booked the cruises we will be on) and she is free to lower the price substantially (which she always does for us) before we make final payment.

When you buy a FCD it will only go to the TA IF you check mark the box allowing it.

Also, we were on a 1-week Carib Princess cruise last spring, stopped by the future cruise office on a whim, and ended up booking with the future cruise guy and staying on for the very next week, for only $399/person. Super deal when we had nothing better to do!

Good deal!! What a great buy!

While we usually just do the "drop and go" method of getting the FCC, we've had occasion to talk to the Future Cruise Consultant a couple of times. Once was to ask about transatlantic sailings and the other about how to book a cruise for extended family together.

We didn't buy a specific cruise, as we use a TA who provides reasonable discounts, we found after the fact that the transatlantic price available onboard was less than we could get even weeks later.

So the moral of the story is that if you keep up with cruise prices, there may be a price they know of that hasn't appeared in your mailbox.

Hi Princess cruisers.

Going on a 25 nighter on the Golden soon and just wondering if there is any real advantage booking another cruise whilst on the ship??????

Regards Bob.

Book on board or FCC

No huge benefit either way, you get reduced deposit and OBC.

I would've agreed that future cruise person was a waste of time until that happened :)

It used to happen quite often but I haven't had an offer like that in years.

2 years ago the On board FCC host had a great deal for select 2015 sailings (I think they called it 3-33) It was like a $3 deposit (wow!) and 33% off your cruise... it was only available on board... so every cruise since I have asked and they havent had anything else yet... but still never hurts to ask

In general the future cruise people are a waste on most lines. However, there can be exceptions so it never hurts to check in.

We were in the Med when the volcano in Iceland was shooting out ash and many planes were having issues. The cruise line offered an incredible deal to anyone who wished to stay on board for the next cruise AND if you had booked air thru them they would re-do the air at no cost.

While I agree with you generally, we had one occasion where the future cruise person helped us out greatly. We knew what cruise we were going on next so we wanted to secure a cabin in a specific area. When we went to book, the FCC person said that the Travel Agent that we used had actually better cabins reserved at better pricing. She suggested that we book through the TA. A very nice gesture.