Totally ridiculous thread: emoticons

fann1sh

Can any poster here tell me where to find the CC emoticons for download as a font or to add to a keyboard?

I'm especially fond of the :D big grin, the :rolleyes: eye roll, the :cool: cool sunglasses.

But my fav is the EEK :eek::eek::eek:

I often post to another advice board which does NOT allow me to add them as images.

Obviously, a vitally important thing to discuss (insert emoticon here).

Not sure if this is what you're asking, but you can "right click" on the emoticon you want to save, and then in the drop-down box select "save image as" or "save image".

Select the location where you want to save it and hit "save" at the bottom.

It will be saved as a .gif file.

What type of computer/operating system are you using. Most provide access to a wide range independent of the webpage. Here's an article that you might find useful if you are using Windows 10:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/find-emojis-windows-10/

Personally, I use various Apple devices with easy access. 😎

What type of computer/operating system are you using. Most provide access to a wide range independent of the webpage. Here's an article that you might find useful if you are using Windows 10:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/find-emojis-windows-10/

Personally, I use various Apple devices with easy access. 😎

I'd be using Apple EVERYTHING if there was reliable tech support in my town. Closest is 75/90 minutes away, so I'm STUCK with Microsoft.

Windows 7 on multiple computers - Android on phone and tablet. I haven't found any emoticons worth downloading (IMO) on my phone. I want THESE!!!!

Yes, I like change about as much as my cat. :D

I think you're confusing emoticons, which are just text, with emojis which are a font. The vBulletin software that Cruise Critic runs on converts emoticons to GIFs. Semicolon close parentheses becomes ;) winky face.

If you want a TrueType or OpenType font, you can get one for free at Github.

https://github.com/MorbZ/OpenSansEmoji

For reference, here's the list of supported emoticons for vBulletin:

00d8c7f6f90a98a066d4f0387843b60e.jpg

Do you use the "Post Reply" button or the quick response form when posting to the thread.:confused:

I always use the "Post Reply" button and all the smilies are in a box next to the typing area. :D

Just click to one you want and it appears in your post.;)

OP knows how to use them in CC, but wants to be able to use them elsewhere, including other boards.

OP knows how to use them in CC, but wants to be able to use them elsewhere, including other boards.

Since they're supported by the board software, they're fairly device independent. If you install and use an Emoji font, not everyone will see the Emoji characters. Some people will see a little broke graphic box. Some will see a character code. It really depends on the viewer's device and font support.

If other sites don't allow inserting images but do allow referencing images via a URL (like CC does) then perhaps you could do that. Big Grin works out to be "http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/ biggrin.gif" (space added before big to break link).

biggrin.gif Added as an image insert referencing the CC URL.

Edited by Sequim88