Pre Cruise Requests

reecesavage

When does the concierge usually contact you for pre cruise requests etc.?

We have been contacted by email about two weeks before. Last time we were provided with a list of spirits we could choose from for the bar set up. We requested two not on the list and received them. We also booked our first night speciality, gave a list of beers, sodas requested for the room and I think that was about it!

Spirits and restaurant booking were sorted but not the beers and sodas but a quick chat with the butler and it wasn't a problem.

I understand that for CS and up the shore concierge will call or email before the cruise to take pre cruise requests. Do people booked into Sky Suites have a way of making those requests?

Generally the shoreside concierge starts at the signature suites and above. We call never been contacted when in a Sky or a CS suite. If you are in a RS or PH you will be contacted around two weeks out.

We were contacted by email about 6 weeks before our upcoming October Infinity cruise. That concierge replied to my requests.

We were contacted by email about a week before our upcoming Summit cruise (sailing in 2 days). That concierge has not replied to two emails with requests.

Be warned apparently they now only send an email to one person in the cabin.

We've always been contacted when sailing in a Celebrity Suite, as others said, about 2 weeks before the cruise.

I suppose the fact that when we have done CS in the past, we have been on either the Reflection or the Eclipse immediately before. The first time it was a CS guaranteed that was not allocated until we were on the Reflection. The second time we did two weeks on the Eclipse then the CS on Silhouette. We were contactable via email on each of these cruises.

I have still had no contact about the RS that we board 3 weeks tomorrow.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

We are booked in a RS on Silhouette in December. Come back and let us know how you liked it and if the experience was better than the CS.

I am hopeful that it won't be like last year on the Eclipse when we had 10 days of foul smell to put up with, plus at that time they were supposed to be doing 3 meals a day in Luminae. The Eclipse decided to run a brunch on sea days with no lunch. We complained to the Maitre and the next day, it was back. To 3 meals after we meet the restaurant manager and the F&B manager.

The room problem meant we were on first name terms with the head of housecleaning and the Chief engineer. We had more meetings with them and the concierge than I have at work.

I am hopeful that it won't be like last year on the Eclipse when we had 10 days of foul smell to put up with, plus at that time they were supposed to be doing 3 meals a day in Luminae. The Eclipse decided to run a brunch on sea days with no lunch. We complained to the Maitre and the next day, it was back. To 3 meals after we meet the restaurant manager and the F&B manager.

The room problem meant we were on first name terms with the head of housecleaning and the Chief engineer. We had more meetings with them and the concierge than I have at work.

That's awful, wonder why it took so long to solve the odor problem. We were in a CS on Eclipse in March with no issues.

Unlike most on CC, we liked the brunch when they had it in September because we were never up early enough for breakfast on sea days and our excursions all involved a lunch somewhere so we did not want a big breakfast. I missed the breakfast food on Eclipse, we only made it 2 or 3 times and one day was disembarkation.

We were on Connie last week in an RS and my sil and her husband were in a CS. We were contacted by email about 14 days out. My sil was also contacted but only a week out. When I spoke to shopreside in Miame to confirm our requests the lady I spoke to said they work through in order from PH, RS and then to CS.

Edited by groryjm

That's awful, wonder why it took so long to solve the odor problem. We were in a CS on Eclipse in March with no issues.

Unlike most on CC, we liked the brunch when they had it in September because we were never up early enough for breakfast on sea days and our excursions all involved a lunch somewhere so we did not want a big breakfast. I missed the breakfast food on Eclipse, we only made it 2 or 3 times and one day was disembarkation.

I think it is a 10th floor suite problem. Last year there were issues in 1239 and 1114. We were in the Sillouette in February in 1110 and the smell arose, not all the time, but I had a spell sleeping on the balcony on on one of the early evenings of the cruise.

We are on 1614 on the Silhouette in 3 weeks time and I hope that the move one floor up removes the issue. We had no issues on this deck in any suite.

We were on Connie last week in an RS and my sil and her husband were in a CS. We were contacted by email about 14 days out. My sil was also contacted but only a week out. When I spoke to shopreside in Miame to confirm our requests the lady I spoke to said they work through in order from PH, RS and then to CS.

That makes sense. We'll look for contact about 2 weeks out this time.

Thanks, our requests are minor so this will be just fine. Thanks.

Remember you also have a butler who will be able to sort lots of things for you like dinner reservations, sail away parties, particular in suite requests (snacks you may want each evening, regular time for morning coffee). Then you have your room attendant too who can sort things like pillow type, empty your minibar if you wish....

The Michael's Club host is the one to see for ship based requests such as excursions, bridge tour, galley tour, problem with a wrong charge....

Have a great cruise!