What's so great about Guys?

nealstuber

While I really enjoy the toppings bar, I don't think Guy's burgers are anything special.

My family has grilled hamburgers every Saturday night with the neighbors 52 weeks a year unless we're out of town.

I've never had a better burger than my Dads.

I certainly wouldn't book or recommend a ship based on Guy's, however if a ship has a Guy's then it has other venues that are part of the 2.0 package that set it apart from ships that don't have the package.

I'm not quite sure the point of this post.

Do we all need to somehow justify whether or not we like a particular food item?

People asking about and discussing a food they like. That is the point.

Better than someone simply interjecting a comment that adds nothing to the discussion at all.

Edited by Bookbug53

I've heard a lot of raving about the fries, I don't eat meat so I eat far too many potatoes, suspect I will be doing the same with these fries. Do we know if the mushrooms are cooked in butter or something?

I order fries minus the seasoning The mushrooms are cooked in butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At the risk of hijacking this thread, who loves chicken tacos from Blue Iguana????

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

We will definitely be trying some of those too. Love me a good chicken taco. Very possible I'll wind up eating at the Blue Iguana more than Guys since Guys is so greasy, with no gallbladder, me and grease don't get along so well but I will for sure be hitting guys at least once to try it out for myself and I'm sure the kids will love it.

Have you tried the fish tacos at BI? DD wants to try those.

When we saw the promotional video and the hyping of "guys" burgers, we were expecting gourmet type burgers.

On board, I thought they were just plain burgers and nothing special at all. OK, edible, but not something I'd be crowing about.

Each to their own I guess. The buritos next door at blue Iguana was a much nicer snack IMHO.

seriously folks, "chain restaurants" In and Out, 5 guys, McD's, burger King, Smash Burger. Have any of you had a really good burger, not form fitted fast food. This is what your comparing Guy's to? I much prefer charbroiled than a greasy flat top grill and then sits in greasey pan even longer, yuk. Next time any of you stop in St.Martin, there is a Hotel called Holland House very close to the ship. They make a 1/2 lb hand packed fresh ground, short rib, brisket, and ground chuck burger which is to die for.

I think Guy's burgers are pretty good, but not as great as people seem to think they are. The patty itself is good, but the bread is gross. They put some sort of buttery spread on the bun after they toast it, and by the time you go to eat the burger, the bread is a soggy mess. Honestly, I think their fries are more something that I would rave about. They are delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

seriously folks, "chain restaurants" In and Out, 5 guys, McD's, burger King, Smash Burger. Have any of you had a really good burger, not form fitted fast food. This is what your comparing Guy's to? I much prefer charbroiled than a greasy flat top grill and then sits in greasey pan even longer, yuk. Next time any of you stop in St.Martin, there is a Hotel called Holland House very close to the ship. They make a 1/2 lb hand packed fresh ground, short rib, brisket, and ground chuck burger which is to die for.

If I am going to eat at a port of call, I am not going to eat and pay for a hamburger!:) I will eat ''island food''.

We didn't understand why theses burgers were so popular. /there was practically nothing on the toppings bar. The burgers were cold and greasy.

I think the toppings bar is pretty large. I love fresh mushrooms..so that is one thing. The only thing I can say bad about Guys is that they do not have swiss cheese as an option.

Where do you think they get their beef from?:eek:

Covan I AGREE totally with you!

I found the toppings bar to be very abundant and looking good.

I finally tried one of these burgers back in May on the Magic just to see what people are raving about and I found it to be the most horrible discusting greasy burger I ever had in my entire 53 years! :eek:

After two small bites, I just could not eat that thing and I tried the fries same thing way too greasy, just got rid of it and said, to each their own. :D

This will be our first time trying a Guys burger onboard. Based on the comments it looks as if I, will either really like it or hate it. There does not seem to be a lot of in between opinions about them. I am not a huge fan of messy burgers but, if they are good I will manage.

Covan I AGREE totally with you!

I found the toppings bar to be very abundant and looking good.

I finally tried one of these burgers back in May on the Magic just to see what people are raving about and I found it to be the most horrible discusting greasy burger I ever had in my entire 53 years! :eek:

After two small bites, I just could not eat that thing and I tried the fries same thing way too greasy, just got rid of it and said, to each their own. :D

Well I can agree with you on the last 4 words....

Sent from my iPhone

I love a good burger and I'll be on the Breeze soon to try them out. I don't have high expectations. We have some amazing burgers here in the Dallas area. One is Twisted Root, which ironically was a single shop that was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives (Guy's most popular show). They are now a small chain and they are awesome. Another great place for burgers around here is Kenny's Burger Joint. Kenny is a chef that has a few different restaurants around town and he hoped two of these Burger Joint locations. What makes both of these places so good is perfect balance of a great patty cooked just right, with a bit of pink in the middle and still juicy (some call that greasy I guess), a fresh but firm bun lightly toasted so the juicy patty doesn't immediately render the bun soggy and a good variety of fresh toppings. Lettuce and tomato are basics so it needs to go beyond that.

I also like 5-guys, In-n-out and Mooya for what they are. A very good fast food style burger. All of these chains also use fresh ingredients and have found that right balance between meat and bun. A lot of people in Texas seem to love their Whataburger, but I'm not one of them. Fudruckers used to be great but something has changed and I'm no longer a fan.

Other places that serve burgers that I really enjoy are Red Robin and Chili's.

I'm hoping that Guy's is a cut above 5-guys but I am not expecting it to match Twisted Root or Kenny's. I've eaten at a couple of Guy's restaurants on land and really enjoyed what he did there. I'm not expectating it to reach that level.

I am looking forward to trying one, but I doubt a burger is going to impress me. I cannot remember the last time I bought a burger from a restaurant. I can make a good burger at home, I want a fancier food when eating out and on a cruise.

I also make my own burgers at home and nothing eaten elsewhere compares, however, I plan on trying one when on board the Vista in February.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Forums mobile app

Never had a Guy's burger, so this is an honest question as regularly see folks on this board recommend on ship or line vs the other on this issue alone. To me, the cost difference in cost between my favorite burger (at Texas Roadhouse) and my least favorite (A comparably sized burger at McDonald's) is about 5 bucks.

Even if I chose a burger for a meal twice on a 7 day, that's 10 bucks. Is there something special about the atmosphere?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OMG they are the best!!!:D

I don't think Guy's is better than 5 Guys..his burgers are just ok..better than the ones at the grill for sure but they are not anything to write home about. Makes me wonder if those that rave about them have never had a REAL burger before. But again everyone's taste is different. I'll eat a Guys burger ..sure..but it's not my favorite by far. The greasy dive restaurants have some of the best burgers by far. We have a place here that's famous for WINGS but their burgers are HEAVEN. Just depends on what you like I guess.

We love Guy's Burgers! We have tried many other burgers, including our own at home, but Guy's are delicious. I make a mean blackened burger here on the grill, but I love a good greasy burger and fries, so hopefully, others will abstain, and that will mean less lines for us!

The toppings bar is exellent! I get a pig patty and then add more bacon, grilled onions and banana peppers! Not sure what some people would want to see on the toppings bar, but it has a great selection I think!! Can't wait to try the Guy's BBQ soon. :D:D