How late will princess run sales

plunker

We have a cruise on the crown booked for March 2018 under the 3 for free promotion. We also have a cruise booked for Feb. of 2017 on the Caribbean Princess that had no promotion when we booked it. My travel agent says there are alot of cabins still available for that cruise and I was wondering if there was any chance Princess would run some kind of promotion to fill the ship up? Since its only 5 months away I didnt know if they would do something that late. Thanks

There is always a chance, but it might be a "last minute deal" which is usually a reduced fare but often does not include other perks. If you cancel what you have in hopes of a better deal later you will lose your cabin, possibly your dining assignment, etc.

The real question is whether you are happy with what you have. If so, hang onto it. If there is a "deal" before the PIF date, you might want to grab it. Canceling in hopes of a "last minute" deal is risky.

Based on recent Princess sales trends it's very doubtful if your February 2017 cruise will be part of any type of a promotion. Prices may drop after final payment but will probably be for new bookings only. We have a January 2017 cruise that has free gratuities & even though there are plenty of available cabins we're not going to cancel before final payment & gamble on a better net price. Depending on cabin availability closer to sailing the price could even increase.

Princess nearly always sells out their cruises but I've never seen any flash sales directly promoted to the public. Instead they'll notify TAs who tell clients about the deals but again those are after final payment & closer to sailing.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Princess nearly always sells out their cruises but I've never seen any flash sales directly promoted to the public. Instead they'll notify TAs who tell clients about the deals but again those are after final payment & closer to sailing.

https://book.princess.com/html/global/cruisedeals/last-minute-cruise-deals/#.V-CmbZMrLBI

I don't know if these qualify as a "flash sale" in your mind, but in 2015 we booked a 7 night cruise in a balcony cabin for under $700 per person. This was available about 45 days before embarkation. The price was right and it got me into some sun in December.

We are also booked for Feb 2017 cruise, but we booked back in March during a sale and then rebooked when they offered the "3 for.." Sale shortly there after. The price has gone up since then, I have been tracking it, it is no where near what we booked at.

Even though your ship looks empty now, I believe it will be full before you sale.

We sale every February and have found that the ships are usually ful.

We have a cruise on the crown booked for March 2018 under the 3 for free promotion. We also have a cruise booked for Feb. of 2017 on the Caribbean Princess that had no promotion when we booked it. My travel agent says there are alot of cabins still available for that cruise and I was wondering if there was any chance Princess would run some kind of promotion to fill the ship up? Since its only 5 months away I didnt know if they would do something that late. Thanks

To be frank, you never know.

I guess we can only speculate and hope that promotions and deals are offered.

Keep in mind that number of unsold cabins is difficult to figure. You don't know how many guarantees are booked, but not assigned to a cabin yet.

I agree. It's hard to determine. You can look one day and see lots of open cabins and the next they list as sold.

We booked a Feb 2016 cruise last November when the price went down drastically. The SOP is 1. Full Price. 2. Over the beverage pa free with on Board credit. 3. Take away #2 but lower the price significantly so that it is worth it to rebook.

I fully expect my 10/17 cruise to go down a lot sometime early next year. We already rebooked with #2 above.

It depends how many takers there are.Don't be afraid to rebook. Never lost cabin or dining option. But I have a good travel agent

New Sale showing on Princess website called "Great Escape Sale" up to $500 off per person, no perks. Checked a cruise we're considering for March 2017 and with this sale, price is exactly the same as it was yesterday before the sale:confused:.

Yep, same here for me. One even went up $100. That sale is NOT a sale. I'll be curious if anyone actually gets a good deal from this one.