Draught Beer Ran Out

tonkie

We have just got off the Vision last Saturday and for the last 3 days they had ran out of Draught Beer and Pinot Grigio and other ingredients for certain cocktails. My wife had the Ultimate Package and I had the Select/Beer Package.

Ok they didn't run out of beer completely, but I do prefer draught beer over cans or bottles, but as the days went on the choice got worse and on the last day they had just 2 types of caned beer, the 2 packages as we all know are not cheap, so I'm thinking this shouldn't happen or is this the norm?

I know of other folk who were complaining that there had run out of what they were drinking. Other than that had a great time on her

Certain bars can run out of things on certain cruises. Rci has no control over suppliers

Please, tell us, "Who has control over supplies?" Maybe "The Godmother."

To the best of my knowledge, RCCL has complete control of a ships supplies.

Please, tell us, "Who has control over supplies?" Maybe "The Godmother."

To the best of my knowledge, RCCL has complete control of a ships supplies.

Umm... The statement to which you responded was "RCI has no control over suppliers". You are completely correct that RCCL has complete control of a ships supplies. What the supplier supplies is another question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not if the supplier can't actually, you know, SUPPLY. Or there is a run on a certain brand because a disproportionate number of people on board drink it one cruise

Sent from my iPad using Forums

RCCL has complete control over their supply order. They create a shopping list weeks in advance and order the food and beverage. They use a ordering program that lists what they need, which can be adjusted by the purchasing officer. The cruise line has the "main" items that they purchase, and on some ships, more specialty beers etc. Although one kind can run out, because of a random unusual event, like everyone on the ship only likes one brand, it is unlikely. If the poster was correct, and they really did run out, except for two brands, than someone made a mistake.

You can order everything you anticipate needing and then some, but if the supplier doesn't actually DELIVER, you are SOL. Trust me I used to do inventory control for a living. Between truck strikes, crappy weather that closed major roads, explosions at plants that interrupted manufacturing, and a hundred other things that the guy placing the order has zero control over, you run out. Sometimes you can recover quickly or substitute, sometimes you can't. Just like running out of green apples if the transit is particularly sea sickness inducing.

You can order everything you anticipate needing and then some, but if the supplier doesn't actually DELIVER, you are SOL. Trust me I used to do inventory control for a living. Between truck strikes, crappy weather that closed major roads, explosions at plants that interrupted manufacturing, and a hundred other things that the guy placing the order has zero control over, you run out. Sometimes you can recover quickly or substitute, sometimes you can't. Just like running out of green apples if the transit is particularly sea sickness inducing.

Exactly when did the OP blame the supplier? I think the whole supplier part of this conversation is based on a typo. :eek:

The OP didn't. But someone blamed RCL for running out and it is entirely possible that through zero fault of the F&B manager and Royal, they were unable to keep their inventory adequately stocked. I know people hoard green apples in rough seas.

Maybe a few barrels of beer went bad. Maybe they got misplaced in the stockroom behind a crate of whiskey and not found easily. Maybe they ran out out of diesel fuel and needed to use it to run the engines. Maybe the crew absconded with them and filled the crew pool with beer for an ultimate game of Beer Pong. Maybe they ordered Bud Light but the delivery guy unloaded PBR.

Not if the supplier can't actually, you know, SUPPLY. Or there is a run on a certain brand because a disproportionate number of people on board drink it one cruise

There is always a way to supply. My wife is a supervisor who handles loadings and provisioning for cruise ships, I think I might have an idea about how it works....

If they had a port stop, there is no reason they shouldn't have been able to provision at that stop. This was certainly a human error and it's also possible they didn't want to cover the costs associated with trying to solve the issue at a port - assuming they had enough "other" brands to fill passengers needs.

Most purchasing agents have several suppliers for just in case moments (weather etc). It was RCL's fault. Somebody dropped the ball

Of course it's RCL's fault. And I'm sure there is a forwarder somewhere getting chewed out for it.

I work field service, I've had parts delayed because of weather, it isn't my fault but I take responsibility for it. As should RCCL in this situation no matter whose "fault" it is. The problem is, the exact discussion about it happening in this thread is probably the exact discussion happening at RCCL. Everyone looking where to assign the blame and no one looking to resolve the problem.

That takes care of the supplies issue the OP asked nothing about.

To the OP, on topic. I would call and complain exactly the way you opened this thread, "Hey, we had a great time on this cruise, but we did spend a lot of money on your beverage packages. For whatever reason you guys ran out of what we were drinking, and to be honest, felt a bit ripped off over it, you not providing what you promised and all."

Then ask for $50-$100 future cruise credit or OBC on an already booked cruise.

Reminds me of our first Freedom cruise. There was a lovely couple onboard from England; they drank a LOT. He drank, almost exclusively, Boddington's. The last night we saw them, after they had gotten back from their B2B meeting, he went to order one and found out that someone had just gotten the LAST Boddington's on the ship.

Um, I was the one drinking it. :o

He was assured that they would be stocking more for the next cruise. Whew.

Sometimes people on a ship drink more of a certain thing than expected!

We have just got off the Vision last Saturday and for the last 3 days they had ran out of Draught Beer and Pinot Grigio and other ingredients for certain cocktails. My wife had the Ultimate Package and I had the Select/Beer Package.

Ok they didn't run out of beer completely, but I do prefer draught beer over cans or bottles, but as the days went on the choice got worse and on the last day they had just 2 types of caned beer, the 2 packages as we all know are not cheap, so I'm thinking this shouldn't happen or is this the norm?

I know of other folk who were complaining that there had run out of what they were drinking. Other than that had a great time on her

So your saying you almost drank the ship dry. Bravo! ;):D

No disrespect to the OP, but I could not resist this.

So Vision had a draught on draft beer? :D:D

Sorry ;);)

Is it just me, or does your comment not make sense?

What would the disrespect be? Are you confusing draught with drought? In which case, maybe the joke is on you? :eek:

Is it just me, or does your comment not make sense?

What would the disrespect be? Are you confusing draught with drought? In which case, maybe the joke is on you? :eek:

I'll admit I'm not a serious beer drinker, I thought it was a misspelling and did not want to be disrespectful :o

Many have said they learn something new on CC every day, and today's my day :confused:

What is the difference between a draft and a draught beer? :rolleyes: