Draught Beer Ran Out

tonkie

I'll admit I'm not a serious beer drinker, I thought it was a misspelling and did not want to be disrespectful :o

Many have said they learn something new on CC every day, and today's my day :confused:

What is the difference between a draft and a draught beer? :rolleyes:

Draught is just the British way of spelling "draft". Pronounced the same. :D

We have just got off the Vision last Saturday and for the last 3 days they had ran out of Draught Beer and Pinot Grigio and other ingredients for certain cocktails. My wife had the Ultimate Package and I had the Select/Beer Package.

Ok they didn't run out of beer completely, but I do prefer draught beer over cans or bottles, but as the days went on the choice got worse and on the last day they had just 2 types of caned beer, the 2 packages as we all know are not cheap, so I'm thinking this shouldn't happen or is this the norm?

I know of other folk who were complaining that there had run out of what they were drinking. Other than that had a great time on her

:eek: So what happened? Did they get any kind of refund/OBC?

Was the ship going into dry dock the next cruise or changing locations? I have noticed in the past when a change was taking place the next week the stock of a lot of stuff was low. I try never to book anymore right before dry dock or location changes.

Certain bars can run out of things on certain cruises. Rci has no control over suppliers

RCI has total control of their inventory! Whomever was in charge of ordering

screwed up on the beer order. If the ship had a lot of Europeans especially Germans, you order extra draft beer. My German friends love beer and not out

of a can. I can imagine the people lining up at GS complaining and they should. You paid for a package and the package wasn't fulfilled! Suppliers

had nothing to do with a shortage!

Only time I've experienced this was on a TA when things gradually ran out as they said they could only replenish when they got to the end of the cruise, we did see some strange dishes presented though as they used everything up, the one that really sticks in my mind was the cajun octopus!

When we go on a TA we usually start to get a few bananas after day 3 to keep in our cabin, they get quite rare once the ship starts across the atlantic.

Only time I've experienced this was on a TA when things gradually ran out as they said they could only replenish when they got to the end of the cruise, we did see some strange dishes presented though as they used everything up, the one that really sticks in my mind was the cajun octopus!

When we go on a TA we usually start to get a few bananas after day 3 to keep in our cabin, they get quite rare once the ship starts across the atlantic.

You are so right! We did a South American cruise from LA to NYC and ran out of bananas in Guatemala! Took a tour and saw banana trees everywhere. Still no bananas for several more ports :confused:

Is it common to run out of things on a TA? I've read of this happening before & am a little concerned as I'm planning my first TA for next year!

Bananas I can do without but please not my Grey Goose :eek:

When we go on a TA we usually start to get a few bananas after day 3 to keep in our cabin, they get quite rare once the ship starts across the Atlantic.

But where do you keep them?

Bananas in a bowl by the ketchup and mayo?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44515119#post44515119

Edited by John&LaLa

The reality is that none of us know what happened. It seems like someone could have screwed up an order. A local supplier may have screwed up, etc. It could be all sorts of things.

Was this ship out of Galveston? Going to Mexico? Flying replenishment into Mexico isn't done all that often, because the Mexican government is so difficult. It seems like they sailed without re-stocking much of the beers for whatever reason.

Cruise lines will often go out of their way for guests. One time, a cruise line (that you all know) flew several pallets of Coke down to Uruguay because the Coke down there is a different recipe and they didn't want it to taste different for their guests.

So I'm surprised Royal wouldn't fly beer in or do something to replenish, unless it was an issue with customs, etc. Plus it may need to be kept a certain temperature, and not possible to fly. Too many unknowns and just speculation at this point.

I'll admit I'm not a serious beer drinker, I thought it was a misspelling and did not want to be disrespectful :o

Many have said they learn something new on CC every day, and today's my day :confused:

What is the difference between a draft and a draught beer? :rolleyes:

I saw something different about Rhapsody, when she hit the big wave and broke out windows. It was called the Rhapsody Wars? Wars?

We have been to some beer classes, similiar to Wine tasting classes.... yes they have them... some call a draft a draft beer, some call it draught beer.... the same thing

And shame on me, I a beer drinker and never knew they had beer on draft, or tap. We prefer Blue Moon or Li Fin Demonde...

Edited by troykahack