Speciality restaurant

Mimi19510

Will be on Crown Princess in 2 weeks and have a free speciality restaurant perk from TA. This is first Princess Cruise in many years. To you "all things Princess aficionados" out there - which one is a must try?

Thanks in advance ! All input appreciated!!

Edited by Mimi19510
Font too small

Will be on Crown Princess in 2 weeks and have a free speciality restaurant perk from TA. This is first Princess Cruise in many years. To you "all things Princess aficionados" out there - which one is a must try?

Both Crown Grill/Sabatini's are good. Steaks are of a decent quality. Select grade is what I feel they are. If you're expecting Ruth's Chris/Capital Grill etc. level, it's not that good. quality more along the line of Long Horn/Outback etc. Seafood, however was excellent. Ambience in both is excellent as well. Much easier to speak without being drowned out by 1200 pax eating next to you.

Since you are getting one free, why not pay the $29 cover charge for the other and do both. Crown Grill is more than just steaks--and I agree: they are good, not great. Sabatini's is just a beautiful dining room in a beautiful location; try to do it around sunset--the ocean views are amazing.

We will also have a free specialty dinner on the Crown to Mexico. We will dine a the Crown Grill because DH likes it the best and he can get his rack of lamb. All sides are served "family style" so they'll bring them all to your table to share and they are so good and plentiful! You will be stuffed! While we have dined at Sabatini's twice and it's great for Italian food and plenty of it, just as others said - check out the menus first to see what is offered and then decide what you like to eat. Many choices for sure! I'm more of a chicken eater and not steak but Crown Grill has something for everyone!

Laurie

We will also have a free specialty dinner on the Crown to Mexico. We will dine a the Crown Grill because DH likes it the best and he can get his rack of lamb.

Laurie

Yes! The lamb is the best thing on the ship! :D I order the chicken in Sabatini's. It's the best entree there, IMO.

I like the steakhouse, but then I'm not a big fan of Italian tucker.

Since you are getting one free, why not pay the $29 cover charge for the other and do both. Crown Grill is more than just steaks--and I agree: they are good, not great. Sabatini's is just a beautiful dining room in a beautiful location; try to do it around sunset--the ocean views are amazing.

I agree. Do them both if you can. I used to love Sabatini's on the Emerald and the Ruby, the Crown's sister ships. Be glad and thankful that Sabatini's is still there, on the Crown.

Enjoy! :) :) :)

My pertinent comments on 4 Princess ships within the last year.

----The specialty restaurants were very good, particularly Sabatini's, wife didn't care much for the service in the Crown Grill, the only time we ate there this voyage the waiter took her plate away before she was ready and their lobster wasn't as good as Sabatini's, so we booked Sabatini's five more times. We also booked the "Crab Shack" almost every time we had the opportunity (Do yourself a favor and don't miss that if you love shell fish).

----The specialty restaurants were pretty good, particularly Sabatini's and the Crown Grill. We also booked the "Crab Shack" almost every time we had the opportunity.

----The specialty restaurants were exquisite, particularly Sabatini's and the Crown Grill. A pleasant surprise was the high end "Alfredo's Pizzeria" which was a no extra charge restaurant laid out like a fine dining Italian restaurant and located in a central portion of the ship's huge three deck level atrium complex.

----The specialty restaurants, particularly Sabatini's, but also the Bayou Cafe and its special "Crab Shack" luncheon were exquisite. Meals in these venues, which you pay extra for, represent top of the line gourmet dining. Well staffed by knowledgeable and friendly personnel and your dining experience takes place in a wonderful, quiet, well decorated environment. Unfortunately, the main dining room(s), are not so good, stink. (Coral Princess)

I have to disagree. CG steaks are great, at least to UK folk:D

Sabatini's is just a beautiful dining room in a beautiful location; try to do it around sunset--the ocean views are amazing.

This comment reminds me of one of my pet peeves with not only Princess but the other lines we frequent as well. Almost every time we are in a fine dining room during a beautiful sunset the folks with tables along the windows have the curtains pulled because the sun is too bright; allowing for nobody seeing it or the sea.

One time we had a window table for two during a wonderful evening and sunset. A party two rows of tables set back from us asked the waiter to pull our curtains shut as the sun bothered them. Guess my response? Grrrr.

Edited by kennicott