5 night Oasis 1 cats

eastender

Doing Oasis 18-23rd Dec. Trying to book Cats, sold out so we'll have to book on-board but there is only one show, 1st night. How is that going to work with so many pax.

It's commonly reported that many people leave at intermission. If you are unable to get in for the full show it should be very easy to find good seats for the second half.

It's commonly reported that many people leave at intermission. If you are unable to get in for the full show it should be very easy to find good seats for the second half.

Not only that, the cruise director pleads with the theater to stay for the whole show and the comedians lament about how bad it is. Cats is a running joke all over the ship, its a wonder why they have even kept it on.

The acting and music is fantastic, the talent is there, but it is completely wasted on this piece of trash theater production.

Go in standby line real early and you should get it[emoji12][emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is probably true and like Bob said, check once on board, there maybe other shows available. When show reservations opened for our cruise this year, I was somewhat dismayed that CATS was offered 3 times and two of those were mid afternoon on Sea Days. I was going to the show as favor to my wife, but neither of us was going to give up a day of Caribbean Sunshine. I did see other evening performances that we didn't have access to online prior to sailing. I suspect they were steering us to specific shows.

Not only that, the cruise director pleads with the theater to stay for the whole show and the comedians lament about how bad it is. Cats is a running joke all over the ship, its a wonder why they have even kept it on.

The acting and music is fantastic, the talent is there, but it is completely wasted on this piece of trash theater production.

I'm guessing because they paid millions of dollars in sets, pre-production, musical rights, etc and probably have a multi-year contract. It may be a joke, but when was the last time you heard someone saw "I'd book Oasis, but it has that damn 'Cats' show, so I'm doing Liberty instead"?

I'm guessing because they paid millions of dollars in sets, pre-production, musical rights, etc and probably have a multi-year contract. It may be a joke, but when was the last time you heard someone saw "I'd book Oasis, but it has that damn 'Cats' show, so I'm doing Liberty instead"?

It was the main factor that we are going on the Allure next week versus Oasis. Either way, RCI got our business.

I've definitely heard "I'm booking Allure instead"

Doing Oasis 18-23rd Dec. Trying to book Cats, sold out so we'll have to book on-board but there is only one show, 1st night. How is that going to work with so many pax.

I have not seen you posting on the roll call for the Oasis cruise of Dec. 18-23. The day entertainment booking for the cruise opened I believe I posted it to the roll call. I was told that since it is a 5 night cruise, CATS would only be presented 1 time. The time was not to my liking but I booked it anyway.

It is extremely important that you always join the roll call for your cruise as many times information is posted there that is not posted on the main boards.

CATS is not sold out as there is no charge. They have apparently booked all the pre cruise seats but as has been posted, board as early as possible and go directly to where entertainment bookings are being made.

Join the roll call for this cruise.

Grace

My husband and I were on Oasis in Oct 2015, we went to CATS. I wanted to like/love the show but we left early. I tried to understand why we did not like such an award winning show. The cast was fabulous, the costumes amazing, the set wonderful... Perhaps it was because we sat in the last row, so you could not appreciate the finer details of the performances... or perhaps it was the relatively downer plot ... or perhaps except for one or two songs the music was not particularly memorable (pun not intended). Or perhaps it was the length of the show... I really don't know,but we left early.

I think on a cruise ship you need more up beat and perhaps shorter shows. That is just my opinion. I was so disappointed that I did not love the show and felt really bad for the cast who were obviously talented. The reputation is now widespread, so I would not think it will actually be 'sold out' when you get there. But I do suggest sitting close so you can get into better than we did, sitting in the back row.