Sea day brunch

famreynoso

Anybody skip the breakfast and prefer the sea day brunch? .........never tried the brunch, by that time im working on a burger or pizza

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

On my recent (August) cruises, there was no sit down breakfast or lunch in the dining room on sea days; they serve "brunch" instead. So, to be technical, you can't really go to "breakfast" in the dining room on those days. Personally, I thought that the steak and eggs was excellent…

~Bob

I went many cruises without ever doing brunch...then it happened. I am absolutely HOOKED on huevos rancheros. and the macaroni and cheese. MY GOSH what kind of crack do they put in those? Hubby loves the steak and eggs ...but now I wish they'd have brunch everyday :D But I guess I can have a fresh omelet on port days ;)

I'm so jelly. I would love to have brunch at least once during my cruise week, but I can't if I want a spot on Serenity. Can't chance not getting a good spot. The brunch starts too late. Priorities.

I do, however, make a quick trip down to the MDR during brunch to redeem my free drink coupon. It's very convenient and very quick. I like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We eat in the MDR as much as possible. Love sea day brunch! We also breakfast in the MDR on port days before we head off to explore. It's a wonderful way to wake up.

That's us too. We too? I mean, Sea Day Brunch for sure but we didn't get up early enough for breakfast on port days when we had excursions last cruise. We plan to fix that this cruise - not get up early, just no excursions getting in the way of MDR breakfast. :)

Not to hijack the thread but is lunch and breakfast still served in the MDR? It's been almost 4 years since my last cruise. I understand the brunch on sea days but I was wondering about lunch and breakfast on port days. Thanks

The sit down lunch in the MDR was one of our favorites, it's gone. Breakfast, I agree is served way too early. We always order coffee, juice, and pastries every morning from room service and enjoy it on our balcony. We also love the Sea Day Brunch, very nice menu

Love huevos rancheros, smoked salmon with bagel, and the fruit plate!

My last cruise only had two sea days out of 6, and only made it there once. Some day want to try that flaming tomato soup, but cant handle that too early in the day. Would also like to try the grits. Always something to look forward to next Carnival cruise.

Anybody skip the breakfast and prefer the sea day brunch? .........never tried the brunch, by that time im working on a burger or pizza

Love the sea day brunch but don't understand the concept of "skip the breakfast." Eat like a hobbit, early breakfast on Lido, second breakfast-brunch in MDR!

:cool:

Edited by dsotm73

Not to hijack the thread but is lunch and breakfast still served in the MDR? It's been almost 4 years since my last cruise. I understand the brunch on sea days but I was wondering about lunch and breakfast on port days. Thanks

The sit down lunch in the MDR was one of our favorites, it's gone. Breakfast, I agree is served way too early. We always order coffee, juice, and pastries every morning from room service and enjoy it on our balcony. We also love the Sea Day Brunch, very nice menu

Breakfast is still available in the MDR on port days including the debarkation port.

On a few longer cruises with a number of sea days, they sometimes alternate between brunch and breakfast/lunch in the MDR on sea days. The old favorites still exist.

We fell in love with the brunch. I'm not a big, early breakfast eater, so going to brunch around 11:00 worked out great for me. Totally fell in love with the Huevos Rancheros and she couldn't get enough of the cheesy grits. You have to try it at least once....