Suite laundry

cowprintrabbit

It is not called dry cleaning anymore. They have gotten away from some of the harsh chemicals and it is now called professional cleaning. We have used it and it is fine for items that need "dry cleaning."

Also, in a suite it is back the same day if given to your room steward first thing in the morning.

Apologies if this has already been asked; the search function in my mobile app isn't working.

Is the free laundry in the full suites dry cleaning or just washing? Can my husband send his tux shirt out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Forums mobile app

Yes, strange that the mobile app's search, participated and past post functions haven't been working the last week or so. I use Apple devices, so thought it might be an IOS 10 problem.

Anyway, we have sent tux, tux shirt and gowns just for a pressing, as well.

Enjoy your suite. Safe Journeys. Paul

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were in a Penthouse suite on Caribbean Princess and made frequent use of the free laundry perk, since it was a 12 day cruise and we were away from home 2 weeks. Dry cleaning was included too. Just put it outside your cabin door very early in the AM so the steward can take it, mark same day service on the slip and it will be back by early evening. We were very satisfied, nothing was shrunk or faded, most things came back on hangars except obvious fold only like underwear. It's a great suite perk.

Think twice about sending women's' underware that contains any elastic out to be cleaned. We were in an owners suite on the Ocean Princess, and my underware was ruined, totally stretched out. Never had this problem on any of the other cruise lines.

It is not called dry cleaning anymore. They have gotten away from some of the harsh chemicals and it is now called professional cleaning. We have used it and it is fine for items that need "dry cleaning."

Also, in a suite it is back the same day if given to your room steward first thing in the morning.

I was just in a suite and never got my laundry back the same day. We gave it to the steward first thing and got it back on the evening of the next day.

Denise

Edited by dtb55

Apologies if this has already been asked; the search function in my mobile app isn't working.

Is the free laundry in the full suites dry cleaning or just washing? Can my husband send his tux shirt out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Forums mobile app

I do my tux shirts all the time and they come out very good.

Tony

We were in a Penthouse suite on Caribbean Princess and made frequent use of the free laundry perk, since it was a 12 day cruise and we were away from home 2 weeks. Dry cleaning was included too. Just put it outside your cabin door very early in the AM so the steward can take it, mark same day service on the slip and it will be back by early evening. We were very satisfied, nothing was shrunk or faded, most things came back on hangars except obvious fold only like underwear. It's a great suite perk.

You pay 50% extra for same day service, just mark it next day service and leave it inside your cabin!

Suites usually get same day service with no extra charge.

This was our experience, we were never charged. You do have to mark "same day service" on the laundry slip and make sure the steward gets it early. I don't know the cutoff, I put the bag outside our door when I woke up and that was early for our port intensive cruise.

We enjoy the perk as well. Right up there with breakfast at Sabatini's.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

This was our experience, we were never charged. You do have to mark "same day service" on the laundry slip and make sure the steward gets it early. I don't know the cutoff, I put the bag outside our door when I woke up and that was early for our port intensive cruise.

Our cabin steward said 9:00 AM is the cutoff. It needs to be delivered by the steward to laundry services by 9:00AM so he needs it from you sometime before then.

Same day service while in a suite has always been included free of charge but you do need to check the box and write on the slip. Also agree sometimes it shows up the next day in the morning.