Where to stay in Ft Lauderdale

On 17th Street. Embassy Suites, Extended Stay, Hilton Marina, Radiance, Holiday Inn Express..plus a few more.

EVERYTHING is on 17th St. Stores, liquor stores, CVS, Walgreens, Restaurants....EVERYTHING. All in walking distance and only a few minutes from the airport...and 2 minutes to the cruise port.

Extended Stay has a shuttle that will pick you up at the airport and take you to the cruise port the following day.

Go to TripAdvisor website for reviews/prices/ratings.:):):)

We stayed at the Crown Plaza. Very close to the port and you could actually see the Oasis class ships from the hotel. We paid $102/night over labor day weekend. Parking there was $10/night. We reserved a parking spot at Park N Go, about 1.5 miles away. If you go online and reserve parking there it costs less than $8/day. I think the earlier you make your reservation the cheaper it is... if I recall it goes up to $12/day closer to cruise time. They valet park your car, so if you have an issue with that you might try something else. I generally note mileage and do a walk around when I pick up the car. They will take you and your luggage right up to the porters and will pick you up on your return.

I did not care for the restaurant in the hotel, but we passed an interesting looking Bavarian restaurant about 1.5 miles west of the hotel... on the same street, called Old Heidelberg. Try googling it. Next time I want to try that. In the morning, near the restaurant is a Duncan Donut and a Wendy's (I think it was Wendy's...picked up something quick for breakfast before heading over).

We dropped the car off a bit after 10am and were through the check in process quickly and onboard shortly after they opened the ship for passengers. Really smooth.

We stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina. We loved it. It has a nice pool complex. There is a free shuttle to the beach. They also have a shuttle to the cruise port for $6 per person. We walked to both Walgreens and Publix. There is a water taxi stop in front of the hotel. Pay one price and ride the water taxi all day.

I've stayed at the Courtyard Marriott which is opposite Las Olas beach and has lots of restaurants and shops within seconds of the hotel. It was a beautiful hotel and only 10 minutes from Port Everglades via taxi.

I've also stayed in Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina, again a good hotel and about 5 minutes from Port if that. I found there wasn't as much around this area but a few good restaurants.

For a Pre-Cruise both are good and for me next time it would be which ever is cheaper, but I did love the area that the Courtyard Marriott is in.

Another vote for Embassy suites. The location works well and if you are part of a larger family party some can stay in the living room areas saving on room costs. Add on free breakfast and evening cocktail reception...

We book on the higher floors (can't remember the name but includes free items from vending) and request a view of the port. Nothing nicer than seeing your ship arrive into port....

Have a great cruise!

Hello All,

We will be cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale in December, and need suggestions on where to stay the day before. Any suggestions would be great. We are a party of 10.

Thank you in advance.

Hampton Inn or Embassy Suites. Your thread will soon be moved over to the Ports Of Call section. You may consider cruising on over there for additional suggestions/recommendations.

Anywhere on 17th street or beach front. I prefer beach front because i like a good view of the ocean, gotta maximize time! but for a group of 10, I would stay anywhere on 17th street.

I've stayed at (listed from worst to best)

The Renaissance

The Hilton Marina

The W

The Westin Beach Resort

all of these were fine, with the Westin being the best with an ocean view and heavenly beds. But I am sure anywhere on 17th is nice, and Uber pool/uber XL will get you to the port pretty cheaply, so don't focus too heavily on finding a hotel that offers a shuttle.

Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort we did the last time and it was fantastic. Directly on the water with a great balcony view of the ocean and walking distance to anything you might want. They were doing some construction so the price was very reasonable.

Prior to that and next month we are at the Doubletree Gallery One and we like it very much. Not as great for stuff to walk to, but water taxi stops right outside the lobby and a great mall across the street.