How many Hr/Days before the cruise your bags are ready?

mcatmcat

[emoji736]Hello

I was wondering [emoji397]how many hours [emoji806]or days [emoji550]before the day of your cruise [emoji570]you can tell that your suitcases [emoji161]are ready and you won't add any other tshirt[emoji153] or shoes[emoji151] to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[emoji736]Hello

I was wondering [emoji397]how many hours [emoji806]or days [emoji550]before the day of your cruise [emoji570]you can tell that your suitcases [emoji161]are ready and you won't add any other tshirt[emoji153] or shoes[emoji151] to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ha ha ha ha mcatmcat, call me crazy but my suitcase is usually packed at least 2 months before we go and last addition about a month before. The day or night before we leave hmmmmm I would say I put the tags on, but they are on too. :eek: :D

I suspect this would vary based on where you live, where you are cruising to, and what time of year you are going. We are coming from Canada to Fort Lauderdale on a Caribbean cruise.

We leave in less than 2 weeks (a week on the beach before the cruise). Here it is now hovering between 5-10c (41-50f) in the morning and about 15c (59f) by late afternoon. We don't need shorts and t-shirts anymore so I packed most of our clothes today since I just did a fall wardrobe change over for all of us today.

If we'd still be wearing those clothes here they wouldn't be in the suitcase yet!

The suitcases will remain open until the day before for our final pack and checklist check...a few things will go in the day of.

I pull stuff out week or more in advance, and lay out in our extra bedroom, then subtract all that extra stuff! Even if I don't actually pack until the day before I am prepared to pack quickly if I think we have to change our flight because of impending bad weather, i.e. snow. We're flying south in January from NJ so you need to be prepared for anything. Dh isn't quite that prepared.

I usually pack the bags the week before the cruise (the weekend before I leave) except for the carry-on, which I pack with last-minute items the night before and some things the morning of the cruise (things I am still using until the last minute, like iPad and packing list). As part of planning for the cruise I make lists of everything I plan to bring and what suitcase each thing will go in. I start the list about 6 months before the cruise and finish it about one month before the trip starts.

I make up a packing list (Excel spreadsheet) a couple months or more before our major trips (including cruises). There's a column for ready/cleaned - to note items that require washing or dry cleaning prior to packing. Then there's another column for it actually getting packed into a suitcase or hanging bag.

A month or so prior - I'll have the suitcases laid out (usually in our spare bedroom - and hanging bags hanging from closet doors). Items get packed along the way. For our next cruise, I'll be packing summer clothes while wearing winter - so it'll be easier to set things aside for packing further ahead.

I also have a "to do" list for the week and days prior to leaving - with reminders for things like buying any needed batteries, charging up batteries for my camera, instructions for our dog sitter, etc.

Along with all this - I have a chart with space for each day of the trip. I note things like flight information/confirmation numbers, any dinner reservations, etc - including any specific plans on each given day. I often keep that with me while on the trip for reference. In the case of our next cruise, it will have our confirmation numbers for the pre-cruise and post-cruise hotel (staying in FLL 4 days after the cruise).

I will plan my wardrobe a month before, like blouses with slacks, formal wear and line up in the closet so ready to pull out to pack. It helps me know how much I can take and how I will pack it. I like using packing cubes for slacks 1 for blouses etc makes it easier to locate vs digging to the bottom of the case for something.

I have a cruise drawer that I have all the things I bring otc drugs towel holders etc, then I lay out all my clothes and try on items I might bring. We do have a list that we check off too, but I always forget something especially makeup as I pack that the day of. The on board cosmetic department loves me!😜

I start the weekend before in a spare bedroom and make sure I have all the shampoo, sunscreen etc. bought as I assemble it. I put the clothes I want in the spare room closet and pack things that don't wrinkle much. I pack it all by the end of the weekend and weigh the suitcases. Then I hang up a few things that wrinkle more and put them in the day before we fly.

When it is fall or winter, we are no longer wearing cruising clothes and it is easier to pack!

A few things always go in the day we fly, last minute.

Can't wait to do all this again! :)

I pack us both the night before. The toiletries and other bits and bobs are all stored together - we live full time in a motor home so its not like I have a huge wardrobe to go through! We do have "travel clothes" so I make sure they are all laundered and ready to go. We travel with carry on bags only so its pretty simple - like others - I have it down to a fine tuned science.