Solo Pricing

BarbaraP

Do a fake booking and just change the button to 1 passenger from 2. Usually the cost is the same for 2 passengers...depends on how popular the cruise is. Sometimes the price will drop a little lower then the couple price. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Solos almost always pay 100% cabin price without the 2nd port charges and government fees. Even insides and ocean view cabins. :( As said above, just do a pretend booking to get a price. Unfortunately, solos are often not eligible for promotions which are usually based on double occupancy.

I book solo and use a TA who discounts fares, often paying 10-20% less than the Princess fare. Depends on the cruise and when I book.

Solos almost always pay 100% cabin price without the 2nd port charges and government fees. Even insides and ocean view cabins. :( As said above, just do a pretend booking to get a price. Unfortunately, solos are often not eligible for promotions which are usually based on double occupancy.

I book solo and use a TA who discounts fares, often paying 10-20% less than the Princess fare. Depends on the cruise and when I book.

To me that's just adding insult to injury. I understand the argument about selling the cabin - not the beds or whatever - but for crying out loud let the solo passengers get the same perks. They are paying the full price for two so give them the perks!!!

To me that's just adding insult to injury. I understand the argument about selling the cabin - not the beds or whatever - but for crying out loud let the solo passengers get the same perks. They are paying the full price for two so give them the perks!!!

Thank you from a solo cruiser

Solos almost always pay 100% cabin price without the 2nd port charges and government fees. Unfortunately, solos are often not eligible for promotions which are usually based on double occupancy.

On my Australia cruise in 2018 I'm paying 183%, so I count myself lucky. It works out to a $200 savings on the base fare. And I appreciate that each solo cruise counts twice towards my Circle status; that doesn't happen on other lines.

Amen! It seems like Sip 'n' Sail price models always assume two people will be drinking, thus making the perk--hidden in the price of the cabin--double the cost. It seems like the programmers could figure out how to make the price work for solos. Couldn't they? Hint. Hint. That said, I'm getting $200 OBC on the Australia cruise mentioned above because it's given per cabin. So I guess it works both ways.

I totally agree that it is most unfair to solo cruisers for not having the same perks.

From the original price of a cruise April 2017 on one of the promotions earlier in the year.It was one of those that one looses the deposit if you cancel and I travel solo and always book with Princess:)

Edited by kruisey

I totally agree with you.

Tony

Curious how are the auto tips handled - is it double too?