Trouble with Princess's we site.

geocruiser

Tried to book a cruise again this morning and website works until you get to specific cruise and time and then the message..."website not responding". Called princess but was told it's my browser and not their fault. Been using same browser w them for years....how does that work??? Any suggestions?

Tried to book a cruise again this morning and website works until you get to specific cruise and time and then the message..."website not responding". Called princess but was told it's my browser and not their fault. Been using same browser w them for years....how does that work??? Any suggestions?

Thanks for posting this because I haven't been able to get "search new cruises" thing for days.

I just tried it using Google Chrome and IT WORKED! :)

LuLu

Yep the same here ..Princess is not responding...can't get to cruises to book....:confused:The website should work for all browsers.

Totally agree! The Princess website should work for ALL browsers now like it has in the past.

Seems Princess would be concerned that folks trying to find/book cruises can't. :(

Every time I try to search for a cruise my computer gets hung up. This has been going on for days. Everything else works fine. Clearly Princess is not interested in my future business. I just ordered a brochure from another cruise line.

I'm not having any problems accessing the website functions including up to the final step of making an online reservation. With some people having problems & others none then it might be partially due to specific types of web browsers or operating systems. If experiencing problems, I'd call Princess or a TA to search for options & prices and not have a technology glitch affect my choice for a cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Hey! Princess must be busy "fixing" it!!

Suddenly Firefox is having issues (can't get to my booked cruises or my profile info) so I fired up Chrome and it works fine. Gotta love the Princess IT staff. I wonder where they get them from...

Every time I try to search for a cruise my computer gets hung up. This has been going on for days. Everything else works fine. Clearly Princess is not interested in my future business. I just ordered a brochure from another cruise line.

Really ???:confused: It takes that little drive you away???:eek:

Hope this helps...after days of frustration w trying to look at future cruises on Princess site...I spoke w Princess...no help other than switch from IE and Edge and any other to Google Chrome. Downloaded Chrome and everything working fine - switched to old browsers and the site still hung up and would not proceed to room bookings. :(

Really ???:confused: It takes that little drive you away???:eek:

No, but I am looking for a cruise and Princess is not the only cruise line that I have cruised on. The first couple of times that I could not access the Princess search site I just figured that it was gremlins in the Princess system and I would try later. By the third time, when I could not get the information I wanted, I spent the time I had planned on spending on the Princess site on another site that was working.

Maybe a Windows issue?

On my android, have not had any issues with Princess site the entire time this thread has been running. OK on Chrome and Opera browsers ... just checked the site using Dolphin and pre-installed generic browsers, with no issues on Princess site.

Maybe a Windows issue?

On my android, have not had any issues with Princess site the entire time this thread has been running. OK on Chrome and Opera browsers ... just checked the site using Dolphin and pre-installed generic browsers, with no issues on Princess site.

I had no issues using Windows with Edge nor on my Apple mobile devices using Safari.

In previous threads about the Princess website some had success by deleting history & cookies. I'm not an IT techie however I have used computers for decades. I don't know why some people using the same things have different experiences which makes me wonder if problems are due to individual computers & devices. :confused:

Edited by Astro Flyer

I had no issues using Windows with Edge nor on my Apple mobile devices using Safari.

In previous threads about the Princess website some had success by deleting history & cookies. I'm not an IT techie however I have used computers for decades. I don't know why some people using the same things have different experiences which makes me wonder if problems are due to individual computers & devices. :confused:

I have no explanation why the Princess site seems to work ok or not ... so many variables.

The past day or two, however, I have noticed the search and display and cabin selection are similar to a month or so ago when Princess IT was playing/tweaking with their site and causing some of us to have problems. Perhaps Princess is updating their site little by little, and that is causing random issues for some of us.

I had issues for 10 minutes with Firefox. Tried Chrome and it worked. Closed both. Reopened Firefox and it worked fine. Bizarre. My wife had trouble with Safari on her iPad but you couldn't get me to use an Apple device if you paid me so it's not my problem. :rolleyes: