MSC Yacht Club

hbe

We almost booked with MSC in the YC, but we were told it wasn't very family friendly by the booking agent.

They said the rest of the ship was kid friendly...but the YC specifically was for people 'wanting to get away from the noise'. Keeping my business at NCL.

We almost booked with MSC in the YC, but we were told it wasn't very family friendly by the booking agent.

They said the rest of the ship was kid friendly...but the YC specifically was for people 'wanting to get away from the noise'. Keeping my business at NCL.

This was not the case when we sailed in the yacht club. The pool had kids with parents in it frequently. Many kids ate at the buffet near the pool. It was very family friendly.

Have considered MSC, but read lots of negatives.

We were bearthed next to a MSC ship (think it was the Divina and beautiful) in Cozumel and were amazed at how rude some of the passengers and crew were. They were yelling and laughing at the Jewel! Mostly in English, but other languages too and I won't mention some of the language I understood. Made a great impression.

Hopefully everyone in the Yacht Club is nicer.

Edited by kcwingwalker

Have considered MSC, but read lots of negatives.

We were bearthed next to a MSC ship (think it was the Divina and beautiful) in Cozumel and were amazed at how rude some of the passengers and crew were. They were yelling and laughing at the Jewel! Mostly in English, but other languages too and I won't mention some of the language I understood. Made a great impression.

Hopefully everyone in the Yacht Club is nicer.

Last time we sailed on MSC the Americans are absolutely out numbered by foreigners. We found it to be the rudest grouping of passengers on any cruise we have done. Though the ship and staff were great. I even remember another passenger hearing us talking saying oh finally someone else that speaks English. We were truly in the minority. Not sure if their amount of American passengers has increased or not, we sailed I think 2 years ago. We have the Seaside booked for 2018.

I would like to hear from fellow cruisers that switched from NCL suites or Haven to try MSC's Yacht Club. I would like to hear how they compare the two.

There are a bunch of former NCL people over on the MSC boards. You should post your question there as well.

We're taking our first cruise on MSC in the Yacht Club in two weeks.

I'll let you know what I think.

Don't forget, MSC does status matching. So if you've got a lot of cruises under your belt with NCL (or any line), they match that level. That gives you a 5% discount .... don't laugh, it's something, plus the prices are lower than the Haven.

We're taking our first cruise on MSC in the Yacht Club in two weeks.

I'll let you know what I think.

Don't forget, MSC does status matching. So if you've got a lot of cruises under your belt with NCL (or any line), they match that level. That gives you a 5% discount .... don't laugh, it's something, plus the prices are lower than the Haven.

I will also mention that I have done 3 cruises with MSC and have 2 more booked and I received a Military discount (10%) on every one.

Of the 10 NCL cruises that I have taken and the one I have booked (plus 3 others that I booked and were cancelled (2 by me, 1 by NCL) I received a Military discount on a total of 1 cruise.

Something to consider when comparing if you qualify for the Military discount.

Lois

That's good news for us, we wants to get away from the noise!

YC has very few suites made for families compared to the Haven so less kids in the YC is expected, I think.

I am fine either way. Kids or no kids.

I just want a great suite with great amenities. If the experience is equal and MSC costs less it might be worth a try with my status match to black.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by DMH15

I am fine either way. Kids or no kids.

I just want a great suite with great amenities. If the experience is equal and MSC costs less it might be worth a try with my status match to black.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We (well me thus far) got black status match. I came across some discussion about those of us who status match it could go away if we don't take a trip every so often (like 3 years as I recall). I haven't spent much time confirming that yet though but just FYI.