Can I make a 9am flight from SXM - Windsurf

tbmrt

Where is SXM ?

SXM is the airport on the Dutch side of Saint Martin. I'd think the odds of making a 9:00am flight after disembarkation are slim, but I defer to someone who's tried this in the past.

I checked a couple of the itins for next Spring and the 2 I checked both show a 6:00am arrival in port, so I guess it could be possible depending on how quickly the ship clears formalities and the first pax are let off.

Flight departs at 3:45pm. Thought we'd head to the airport around 12:30 or 1pm.

Suggestions on spending time in the interim appreciated.

We'll have carryon luggage with us. Perhaps Pasanggrahan, the hotel that we're staying at before the cruise, will let us leave them there.

Thank you!

We have been to SXM a few times and I also think a 9AM flight would be too tight. Security lineups can be long and traffic in philipsburg and around the airport is likely to be heavy. If you can find somewhere to leave your luggage, there are many nice beaches on St Martin or if you are a shopper, the shopping in Philipsburg is very good. You might also be able to arrange a taxi tour of the island.

We are also staying at the Pasanggrahan pre-cruise and I was wondering if anyone knows if they have ground floor rooms or an elevator.

I don't think I would attempt to make a 9 am flight out of St Martin. After our Classic Caribbean last year we took a taxi to the Pasanggrahan Hotel and left our luggage with them. We then did a little shopping and came back and had lunch in their outdoor restaurant. The food was very good, the service very nice and they even had live music! Afterwards, they called a taxi for us and off we went to the airport. It was a lovely day and a relaxing way to end our cruise.

What time does the Windsurf dock? When can you disembark and get your luggage? Taxis are readily available and tale about 15-20 minutes to get to SXM. Allow time to checkin, go through security, etc. if you can disembark 6-6:30, you can do it. If it were me, I would opt for a layer flight or stay in St. martin for a few days. I love the Windsurf. Sailing RT St. martin is very nice. Enjoy!

I agree with all those saying not to try it. SXM is not the worst airport in the Caribbean, imho that is STT. But still, given customs/immigration people you rarely can get off before around 8am. If the 9am flight really works for you you might want to consider staying a night in St Maarten. We have stayed at the Sonesta Maho Beach and have enjoyed it. Right at the airport and the world famous Sunset Bar. Just a suggestion.:D