Weather Related Itinerary Changes

angogl

I was on the RC website and noticed these weather related / itinerary changes they just posted. I thought I would share.

Hurricane Matthew Weather Update

October 3, 2016

11:00p.m. E.S.T

Royal Caribbean International continues to closely monitor the path and progress of Hurricane Matthew to ensure guests have an enjoyable and comfortable cruise. Given the storm’s current location and projected path, we are rerouting some of our ships to ensure the safety of our guests and crew.

Allure of the Seas

Allure of the Seas will be able to visit its original ports of call however; we are modifying her call dates and times. Allure of Seas revised itinerary:

Sunday, Oct. 2 - Depart from Port Everglades, Florida at 4:30 p.m.

Monday, Oct. 3 - At Sea

Tuesday, Oct. 4 - Cozumel, Mexico at 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Wednesday, Oct. 5 - At Sea

Thursday, Oct. 6 - Falmouth, Jamaica at 7:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m.

Friday, Oct. 7 - Labadee, Haiti at 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 8 - At sea

Sunday, Oct. 9 - Arriva at Port Everglades, Florida at 6:15 a.m.

Freedom of the Seas

Freedom of the Seas will now be calling on San Juan, Puerto instead of her scheduled call to CocoCay, Bahamas. Freedom of the Seas revised itinerary:

Sunday, Oct. 2 - Depart from Port Canaveral at 4:30 p.m.

Monday, Oct. 3 - At sea

Tuesday, Oct. 4 - San Juan, Puerto Rico at 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.

Wednesday, Oct. 5 - Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas at 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Thursday, Oct. 6 - Philipsburg, St. Maarten at 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Friday, Oct. 7 - At sea

Saturday, Oct. 8 - At sea

Sunday, Oct. 9 - Arrive at Port Canaveral, Florida at 6:00 a.m.

Enchantment of the Seas

Enchantment of the Seas will not be able to call to either port in the Bahamas. Instead Enchantment of the Seas will now call to Cozumel, Mexico. Enchantment of Seas revised itinerary:

Monday, Oct. 3 - Depart from Port Miami, Florida at 4:00 p.m.

Tuesday, Oct. 4 - At sea

Wednesday, Oct. 5 - Cozumel, Mexico at 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Thursday, Oct. 6 - Key West, Florida at 1:15 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Friday, Oct. 7 - Arrive at Port Miami, Florida at 7:00 a.m.

Majesty of the Seas

We are rerouting Majesty of the Seas. Majesty will now call to Freeport, Bahamas and overnight in Key West, Florida, instead of her scheduled calls to CocoCay and Nassau, Bahamas. Majesty of the Seas revised itinerary:

Monday, Oct. 3 - Port Canaveral, Florida at 4:00 p.m.

Tuesday, Oct. 4 - Freeport, Bahamas at 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Wednesday, Oct. 5 - Key West, Florida at 9:00 a.m.

Thursday, Oct. 6 - Depart from Key West, Florida at 9:00 a.m.

Friday, Oct. 7 - Port Canaveral, Florida at 7:00 a.m.

Someone already posted this, but thank you in case people did not see it. Geezzz, just watching ABC Weather report and Bill Evans said if you have plans to be in Bermuda this weekend, that you should "probably" change your plans. I think this whole week is going to be a mess. :(

I wonder if they will be able to keep the Allure schedule. If the storm is cat 4 hitting Jamaica and Haiti, I wonder if the port will be in good shape for docking. Suspect the people living there will be dealing with more pressing issues than servicing visitors. Key West looks full and not sure Allure could even dock there. They may end up with more days at sea instead of in port.

Prayers for those in the path of this massive storm.

I thought the hurricane was affecting all of the Bahamas. Doesn't seem like going to Freeport would be a good idea. JMO.

Going to Freeport is NEVER a good idea ! What a dump !

:D

Better than playing tag with a hurricane though, I guess...

Nice change for the Majesty. I would love to do any overnight stay in Key West. The times I've been there the ship left at around 4pm, just before things got rocking there. :eek:

My thoughts, too. Sunset and all the nightlife.

Nice change for the Majesty. I would love to do any overnight stay in Key West. The times I've been there the ship left at around 4pm, just before things got rocking there. :eek:

I thought the same thing. Too bad it has to be done because of these circumstances.

We were docked at Cape Liberty for two days during Hurricane (Superstorm) Sandy in 2012. There were three of us in port and each ship had a tug pushing against her all day and all night. It was perfectly safe. Plus there was alcohol and bacon. :p:D

Edited by Langley Cruisers

I was on the RC website and noticed these weather related / itinerary changes they just posted. I thought I would share.

Where on the website do you find updates? I am booked on Empress of the Seas out of Miami on October 10.

Thank you!

We are scheduled out of Boston for Oct 9 on the Serenade of the Seas. I'm starting to wonder where they would possibly re-route us based on what the itinerary was. Not a whole lot of places in the NE that are going to be out of the path of this thing that I can see!

I am guessing they will not see that itinerary. Current track has Matthew coming up offshore of the FL coast at about the exact same time as that Majesty schedule (Thursday into Friday) has it in the same area.

I'm thinking they are looking at that one very closely. Any way to get the Majesty to Okeechobee? :)

We are scheduled out of Boston for Oct 9 on the Serenade of the Seas. I'm starting to wonder where they would possibly re-route us based on what the itinerary was. Not a whole lot of places in the NE that are going to be out of the path of this thing that I can see!

A similar thing happened to us on the Jewel repo from Boston to Tampa when Hurricane Sandy came ashore. We stayed in Boston Harbor for two days with a tug boat pushing against us day and night, and when we finally left the harbor, we were obviously behind schedule and the Captain diverted us and we missed our first two ports. No biggie - we were safe, warm, and alive - but we missed Barbados and St. Kitts (if I recall) before continuing with the itinerary as scheduled.

Where on the website do you find updates? I am booked on Empress of the Seas out of Miami on October 10.

Thank you!

Not that my opinion is worth anything, you probably won't hear anything until the 9th or 10th and in your case, no news is probably good news.

Better than OPEN WATER....

He probably won't see your retort, check his cruise history, his was a drive by post on the way to 100k posts. He rarely hits a thread twice, at least in one day.

I decided to see what folks were saying about Majesty...if they really go "home" for turn around day on Thursday, I can honesty say I'm glad not to be aboard...will be a rough ride if it is safely accomplished.

The projection cone definitely seems to be making Florida officials more nervous.

At least all the other RCCL ships seem to be able to make adjustments and keep a fun week in place for everyone, at least that's how it looks as of the 10pm Texas time report tonight.

Someone already posted this, but thank you in case people did not see it. Geezzz, just watching ABC Weather report and Bill Evans said if you have plans to be in Bermuda this weekend, that you should "probably" change your plans. I think this whole week is going to be a mess. :(

Last year this exact same time we were suppose to go to Bermuda on the Liberty and instead we went to Canada!!!!!!!! :eek: We got the phone call around 6 pm and had to unpack summer stuff and pack hoodies, jeans, etc!! Talk about upsetting. However, these are the chances we take when we book these months.

Edited by Theresa522