online registration...

kayjay76

Hi Everyone,

Our cruise is Feb 2017. When should we do our online registration? Does it matter if I go ahead and do it now or wait til the cruise is sooner?

Thank you!!!

Now

You can start looking at NCL ShoreEx and keep track of your cruise

Hi Everyone,

Our cruise is Feb 2017. When should we do our online registration? Does it matter if I go ahead and do it now or wait til the cruise is sooner?

Thank you!!!

As long as your info won't expire or change there should be no issue. I once had to wait until I renewed my passport.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

You can always update or correct the info later, even after your edocs appear (normally 60 days before sailing, if you've completed all sections of the check-in).

You can start exploring shore excursions and gifts and some other parts of your reservation without doing any of the on-line check-in. But many things (like dining, entertainment, spa) will not be available for your sailing yet, you need to wait until 100/90 days out.

I agree.... do it NOW.... especially if you are embarking from a port that enforces the staggered check-in.... if you are, then choosing your check-in time now ensures a favorable time. If you wait then you may be stuck with a later check-in that is not convenient.

If the "check-in" time is not an option to choose then you don't have to worry about what time you arrive at the port

Remember, check-in is not the same as boarding

Total novice here... check in and boarding not the same?

Also, so if we check in online sooner rather than later... we might get an earlier boarding time?

Also, we don't have our passports yet... does that have anything to do with checkin in online?

Thank you all for your replies!!t

Hi Everyone,

Thank you!!!

You can do it at any time. If any information changes, such as a new passport number from a renewal, you can always go back and edit the information. The sooner you do it simply means that there is one less thing to do as your cruise approaches.

I agree.... do it NOW.... especially if you are embarking from a port that enforces the staggered check-in.... if you are, then choosing your check-in time now ensures a favorable time. If you wait then you may be stuck with a later check-in that is not convenient.

If the "check-in" time is not an option to choose then you don't have to worry about what time you arrive at the port

I was not aware of any port enforcing check in times. Could you enlighten us with which ones are?

I was not aware of any port enforcing check in times. Could you enlighten us with which ones are?

I cruised out of NYC in June and they had a port employee reviewing eDocs because the security screening line was literally snaked all around the roped staging area and out the door to the middle of where the porters doing luggage.

It was 9:30 and I had a 9:30 check-in time..... she told each person that the check-in time was going to be enforced in the "near future" for safety and crowd control. As you know with over 5000 personal posts.... there has been many threads about this topic and actual passengers being queued up until their check-in time ........and that this will probably become more wide spread sooner rather than later. I do not know the specific ports but if it is part of the on-line check-in process to pick a time...... safe to say that that port is probably a real good candidate to go live. It isn't NCL that will turn this on, it will be the local Port Authority when it becomes an issue.

Carnival is now using staggered check-ins at Baltimore, Barcelona, Charleston, Galveston, Honolulu, Miami, New Orleans and Norfolk with Manhattan, Fort Lauderdale, and Mobile to happen Oct.

As we have witnessed..... NCL will follow industry standards and if staggered check in is the next wave then we can expect it.

Not everyone wants an early check-in time. For my cruise last week, my check-in time was between 9:30 and whatever (I don't recall) and I didn't arrive until about noon. Normally, I get there about 2:00 p.m. as I hate sitting around and waiting and I don't have a desire to be one of the first on the ship. :D None of the ports I've embarked from have enforced the check-in times on edocs that I'm aware of. But, I'm sure there's a whole world of things of which I'm unaware!

kayjay, it's up to you when you complete your online check-in. As others have said, you can always edit it later if anything changes. Personally, I fill it out as soon as I know there's no chance I'm going to change the date (I usually book about a year or more out). It's just part of the cruise anticipation. :D

Not everyone wants an early check-in time. For my cruise last week, my check-in time was between 9:30 and whatever (I don't recall) and I didn't arrive until about noon. Normally, I get there about 2:00 p.m. as I hate sitting around and waiting and I don't have a desire to be one of the first on the ship. :D None of the ports I've embarked from have enforced the check-in times on edocs that I'm aware of. But, I'm sure there's a whole world of things of which I'm unaware!

kayjay, it's up to you when you complete your online check-in. As others have said, you can always edit it later if anything changes. Personally, I fill it out as soon as I know there's no chance I'm going to change the date (I usually book about a year or more out). It's just part of the cruise anticipation. :D

Totally agree that not everyone wants an early check-in but it's nice to have it in place in case your travel plans get you to the port early..... it's easier to arrive late with an early check-in but harder to arrive early with a later check-in

The thing too is that many of us are doing on-line check-in a year in advance so who knows what's happening in February or July..... when I booked my November and May cruises, water was allowed to be brought on board, Uptown Grille was still flipping burgers and you could call for an upsell.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

It is up to the individual cruise lines to make a decision, not the port. As of now Carnival is enforcing their arrival times at select ports.

Piggybacking on here to ask about the pre-cruise stuff...

I'm on the 4/9 Breakaway and right now there are only excursions for Great Stirrup Cay and Nassau - not even all I saw when looking just generally at excursions, and none for Orlando/Port Canaveral. Would the ones not showing already be sold out? Or more likely just not added on for booking yet?

When do the Thermal Pass/Spa offerings usually become available?

It is up to the individual cruise lines to make a decision, not the port. As of now Carnival is enforcing their arrival times at select ports.

It was my understanding and I've been known to be wrong (my wife will confirm this.... lol)....

The Port Authority handles everything pre and post cruise when it comes to the logistical operations (passengers, luggage, vehicles, etc) at the terminal. While the cruise line is a "partner" with the Port Authority it is ultimately the Port Authority (as the landlord) that makes those decisions such as staggered check-in, etc.

Again, I may be wrong but that's how it was explained to me by a Port Authority official in Boston.

sent using Forums mobile app

I'm on the 4/9 Breakaway and right now there are only excursions for Great Stirrup Cay and Nassau - not even all I saw when looking just generally at excursions, and none for Orlando/Port Canaveral. Would the ones not showing already be sold out? Or more likely just not added on for booking yet?

When do the Thermal Pass/Spa offerings usually become available?

Do you mean April 2017? The excursions are not sold out, they haven't been posted yet. The Thermal Suite pass usually becomes available at the same time as dining and entertainment reservations, i.e. 100/90 days out. Patience!