Should I take a chance?

We are taking our family of 10 on a cruise and final payment is due in a week. I checked and there are MANY cabins in all categories still available. Should I cancel now and hope for a price drop and rebook? 5 balcony cabins could mean a good bit of $$$. What do you think of my chances on this week before Christmas cruise?

We are taking our family of 10 on a cruise and final payment is due in a week. I checked and there are MANY cabins in all categories still available. Should I cancel now and hope for a price drop and rebook? 5 balcony cabins could mean a good bit of $$$. What do you think of my chances on this week before Christmas cruise?

taking a big chance trying that

I am in the same boat as you sort of (no pun intended) except final payment for us is today. We are trying to decide if we should give up our OV balcony on a 5 night on the OA in December for a neighborhood guarantee and save $230.

There are lots of OV balconies left and I am thinking the price of them will come down but it is still a gamble and I'm not sure it's worth the money.

Also not sure that they would come down $230 either. Right now leaning towards just staying put in our nice OV room

Good luck

I might do it if it were 5 cabins and you don't have to fly

Might do it if it was just DH and I but would not gamble with a family vacation.;) It was probably hard enough getting everyone to agree on a date so would you want to go through that again?:rolleyes: Just my opinion, so good luck and hope it all works out for you and the fam!!;)

We are trying to decide if we should give up our OV balcony on a 5 night on the OA in December for a neighborhood guarantee and save $230.

There are lots of OV balconies left and I am thinking the price of them will come down but it is still a gamble and I'm not sure it's worth the money.

Also not sure that they would come down $230 either. Right now leaning towards just staying put in our nice OV room

You'd have the $230 lower floor to work from - when the OVs come down to that price after final.

I meant we are already in an OV balcony, not an OV -

And I meant balcony.;)

There are over 150 D balconies left, so the chances are good that the price will fall - how much, I don't know. But if I were playing the upgrade game (book something lower with the hope of getting a paid upgrade after final) I would go all the way down to a Z GTY booking.

Edited by Biker19

I meant we are already in an OV balcony, not an OV -

Hope you are far enough inland to suffer no damage from Matthew. I guess you read where Port Canaveral and Port of Miami are closing. Airport in Nassau closing too. Best of luck

Hope you are far enough inland to suffer no damage from Matthew. I guess you read where Port Canaveral and Port of Miami are closing. Airport in Nassau closing too. Best of luck

I would think the poster is far enough inland or this wouldn't be the most important thing on their mind today ;)

I would not cancel a vacation that effects enough people to fill 5 rooms.

I especially wouldn't cancel a vacation to save $230. If $230 actually makes you consider risking not taking a vacation that you already researched and planned and found a price that you were happy enough with to book, perhaps you were cutting it a bit too close on the budget to begin with. I mean, really?? $230 and you're gonna cancel and risk not getting to take your trip? What if the price goes up from what you owe? Then you really screwed yourself.

I think the person who said the $230 thing was different than the original person but both those points stood out to me: cancel a family vacation, and canceling to save $230. No. Just no.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would think the poster is far enough inland or this wouldn't be the most important thing on their mind today ;)

I am aware of the city the poster lives in and we are on the same cruise. I was concerned for her wellbeing. We live on opposite sides of the state of FL. Our state is under State of Emergency as per our Gov. Scott.

Ellen & Dan, hope you are out of harms way. We were hit by the last hurricane a few weeks ago but did not sustain any property damage, just cleanup.

Grace