How do we add another person to an existing booking?

Mama24

My husband and I invited our son to join us on our Panama Canal cruise as a thank you for some work he did for us. DH and I will be in one cabin, and our son will be in his own cabin. Last night he asked if he could bring his girlfriend. I need some advice on the easiest way to add her to my son's cabin please. Since my son's fare was double because of single occupancy, will his fare be reduced?

If it helps, I booked online, not using a travel agent.

Call the travel agent or Princess, whichever you booked his cabin with. BTW, it is possible depending on the promotion terms at the time he was booked there could be fees or penalties when making a change. It may not be as simple as adding a name.

Call the travel agent or Princess, whichever you booked his cabin with. BTW, it is possible depending on the promotion terms at the time he was booked there could be fees or penalties when making a change. It may not be as simple as adding a name.

This is correct--it depends on the terms of the original booking. IF you had no restrictions or special perks on the original booking, you will be able to add the girlfriend for just the cost of the port taxes and fees since he has already paid a 100% single supplement.

If you have a non-refundable deposit or perks like a beverage package, it could get complicated. But if I'm remembering correctly, solo bookings were not eligible for most of those perks. Bottom line, have all the girlfriend's information ready and call Princess.

Edited by moki'smommy

My husband and I invited our son to join us on our Panama Canal cruise as a thank you for some work he did for us. DH and I will be in one cabin, and our son will be in his own cabin. Last night he asked if he could bring his girlfriend. I need some advice on the easiest way to add her to my son's cabin please. Since my son's fare was double because of single occupancy, will his fare be reduced?

Call whomever you booked with.

As others said, just call Princess. There should be no penalties or costs other than the taxes/fees for the 2nd person.

However, do check if the current pricing/perks is a better deal than when you originally made the booking.

I am not good at this I use a TA but can you just cancel your son's booking and rebook the cruise for your son & his girlfriend.

Good Luck,

Tony

Don't do this.

Just call princess. You can add her. The cabin price will be the same and they can split up who pays what, BUT she will be charged the port fees and taxes since your son was only charged for one person's taxes.

We where going to add our son to our booking. Actually asked at time of booking if this would be possible was told yes. Have a Mini suite.

Well rang a couple weeks ago not that easy. Mini suites have been booked out for months but one became available the 3rd person fare for that cabin was showing as more than the per person fare we had paid.

Well you have to pay the current rate of 3rd person not happy actually considering booking him in an interior room across corridor and paying single supplement which actually the same price as 3rd person they wanted.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We where going to add our son to our booking. Actually asked at time of booking if this would be possible was told yes. Have a Mini suite.

Well rang a couple weeks ago not that easy. Mini suites have been booked out for months but one became available the 3rd person fare for that cabin was showing as more than the per person fare we had paid.

Well you have to pay the current rate of 3rd person not happy actually considering booking him in an interior room across corridor and paying single supplement which actually the same price as 3rd person they wanted.

Did you not book the cabin at all? Of course the ship is going to continue to book cabins. They can't wait around for Mr. Jones to make up his mind to book while Mr. Smith is standing there with money in hand. That would be a crazy way to run a business.

However, this is also why it is always best to book the third as a TBA when you originally book. The old adage - it is better to have and not need then need and not have. They book by "souls" and once that life boat fills up then that is it. You could fit 50 people in your cabin and not be able to book a third person. If you book a third person and don't need you can always cancel before final payment.

Edited by notentirelynormal

Yes we booked in April and asked about possibility if we could add someone later to booking was told yes and I thought it would be at the 3rd person rate which was the same rate as when cruise became available so no price drop or special. Didn't realise that it would be what they consider 3rd person rate would be at time of adding also didn't realise minis would completely sold out. We tried to add the 3rd person 5 months prior to cruise date.