New Soda Package?

Jellifer

Apologies if this has been mentioned before and I've not spotted it.

I'll be on the Zuiderdam for 17 days in December and was just looking at pre-bookable beverage packages and saw this:

17 DAY UNLIMITED COCA COLA PACKAGE. $156.40

Enjoy unlimited refills of fountain soda for the duration of your voyage. It includes a special souvenir cup that you can take home with you. Plus, on the ms Koningsdam, you get a Freestyle Coca-Cola souvenir cup to enjoy 100+ refreshing Coca-Cola flavors. Package can be purchased for the entire duration of the voyage or prorated by day .

Is this new? I've only seen the soda cards mentioned before.

Now if they'd just add a coffee/tea package for Explorations Cafe! Even a non-alcoholic package would work. I'd happily buy my DH the signature alcoholic beverage package for my DH if they'd let me piggy back a non-alcoholic package with it instead of forcing me to have the alcoholic variety. I just am not a big enough alcohol drinker to justify the signature package.

After reviewing the new packages for several cruise-day lengths on HAL's website, I learned that the new Coca Cola Package costs $9.20/day. Purchase must be for entire cruise.

According to the blurb in post one it does not have to be purchased for the entire cruise.. The last sentence says it can be prorated by the day.. It looks like the OP copied the blurb word for word..

It's really $8 plus the 15% gratuity to bring it to $9.20. That equates to less than four pops/day, although I'm thinking of cans of pop, not fountain pop. It all depends on how much one drinks. It's not for me but I can see it being of value to others.

I know people who consumer at least 4 cans a day, so for them it is a good deal. My sister was asking me about HAL's soda policy recently and I think she will love this.

Edited by DaveOKC

Be sure to taste test the fountain soda before buying the package. I had the $25 card on the Westerdam and the taste of the sodas was not good. I tried sodas in a number of different bars and they varied from OK to undrinkable. None were as good as a canned soda.

$8/day + 15% sounds high to me as well. Cunard's package is $6.50 a day (15%) but also includes a variety of juices.

Ok, so if a soda is $1.95 + 15% tip, it would be $2.25. Now, on my Eurodam 7 Day Sailing, it's $64.40 for unlimited sodas. To break even, you have to drink like 28/29 sodas. Now, the $25 for $50 Soda Card is still available. If I bought two cards for $50 ($100), I get 44 glasses of soda (little change to spare).

I doubt seriously I would drink 6 sodas a days (not saying others don't :p), but seems pretty high for the beverage package to begin with. Plus, you can share the card with your cabinmates as it's not connected to your room key.

I guess the only situation it would be worth it would be the Koningsdam since it has the freestyle machine, which would be way easier.

Edited by DisneyDatknee