Seasick Patch from Amazon

BriBrizzle

Hey all,

I ordered the motion sickness patch from Amazon. I just wanted to see if anyone else had used that before? Reviews seems good online.

My last cruise we had rough seas and with what's happening now I thought I should be ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey all,

I ordered the motion sickness patch from Amazon. I just wanted to see if anyone else had used that before? Reviews seems good online.

My last cruise we had rough seas and with what's happening now I thought I should be ready.

Be aware that the scopalomine patch can cause side effects that range from mild to severe with each user. The side effects can include dry mouth, blurry vision, vertigo, and hallucinations. One way to mediate the side effects is to reduce the dosage from the patch. Do not cut the patch, as this will cause the full dosage (usually 3 day's worth) to be transmitted right away. Place a small, round band-aid behind your ear, and place the patch partially on the band-aid and partially on the skin. Only the part of the patch on the skin will transmit scop. If your side effects are still bothersome, move the patch to place more on the band-aid, or if you are not receiving enough motion sickness relief, move it so more is on the skin.

I have used the Rx patch before that's what I had on my last cruise but my Dr is out on his vacation and wont be back before I leave so I was given this option by his nurses.

https://www.amazon.com/MQ-Motion-Sickness-Patch-Count/dp/B00S9FSPOG/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1475779115&sr=8-1&keywords=sea%2Bsickness%2Bpatch&th=1

Even better, try out a patch at home before you leave. See if you can handle any side effects that may (or may not) occur.

I think I will try that Thanks! I usually only need it for the 1st day till I get my sea legs then I'm fine.

Chances are the patches may make you more sick. The ships today are much more stable than they were 20 years ago. Just get some Bonine ? Not sure of the spelling. You can get at local pharmacy . Take a tablet hour before leaving port and half hour before arising in morning .- not needed after that if you haven't had any problem so far.

Lady obviously needs patch as do maybe 3-4% of cruisers with the inner ear problem like my BF. He gets them from Canada on line. You can get Bonine free on any ship. It does not do much good in bad storm though. I speak from experience in really bad storm.

I have used the Rx patch before that's what I had on my last cruise but my Dr is out on his vacation and wont be back before I leave so I was given this option by his nurses.

https://www.amazon.com/MQ-Motion-Sickness-Patch-Count/dp/B00S9FSPOG/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1475779115&sr=8-1&keywords=sea%2Bsickness%2Bpatch&th=1

Well, that's not "the" sea sickness patch. It's an herbal remedy, not a prescription medicine.

Hope it works for you.

Hey all,

Don't know what you ordered, but it is NOT the patch that everyone discusses. That is a prescription only product that you cannot get from Amazon. The patches that Amazon sells are herbal things that may or may not work,, and may or may not have side effects.

I'm a bit surprised his office would suggest this....Isn't there a Dr. doing his on calls for him :confused:

I'm a bit surprised his office would suggest this....Isn't there a Dr. doing his on calls for him :confused:

Nope when's on vacation his whole office is on vacation. That's what they suggested when I asked what I should do. I'm also going to get Bonnnie in case it doesn't work.