OBC for Shore Excursions

rubinstein2r

We have $300 OBC for an upcoming Caribbean Cruise. If we want to use it for shore excursions do we need to wait to book them onboard? I'm thinking for this itinerary we don't have to worry too much about excursions selling out but am I mistaken?

We have $300 OBC for an upcoming Caribbean Cruise. If we want to use it for shore excursions do we need to wait to book them onboard? I'm thinking for this itinerary we don't have to worry too much about excursions selling out but am I mistaken?

If you book on board as you board you usually get the excursions you want at the times you want. The excursions that can go quickly are those with obvious clear number restrictions like seaplane, helicopter and specific boat trips...

• 6 months later...

They just updated the website to allow you use OBC for pre booking annoying from shore excursions to dining package. I just did for my upcoming cruise in September. it makes life much easier and I am sure lessens the lines at the desk with everyone with credits trying to book as soon as they get on board

go to the celebrity website, go to your account and then go to "already booked". go to shore excursions. it will pop up and it will tell you that you can use your OBC (only celebrities -not from your travel agency). I just booked an excursion that was $159 per person, so total of $318 - I had to pay with a credit card for the difference of the obc $300 that celebrity was giving me and the cost of the excursion , so $18 was put on the credit card. website says that if you cancel your excursion, you will get your obc back and refunded anything booked to the credit card

Exactly, did this as well. Great to know it's taken care of and one less thing to do when boarding.:D

go to the celebrity website, go to your account and then go to "already booked". go to shore excursions. it will pop up and it will tell you that you can use your OBC (only celebrities -not from your travel agency). I just booked an excursion that was $159 per person, so total of $318 - I had to pay with a credit card for the difference of the obc $300 that celebrity was giving me and the cost of the excursion , so $18 was put on the credit card. website says that if you cancel your excursion, you will get your obc back and refunded anything booked to the credit card

I have just tried to do this but the system still asks for my credit card details, even though I have more OBC that the cost of the excursion. Is this because we haven't made the final payment?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have just tried to do this but the system still asks for my credit card details, even though I have more OBC that the cost of the excursion. Is this because we haven't made the final payment?

I was able to use OBC before final payment and have never had it ask for a credit card

Being able to use the OBC for shore excursions & special dining venues peior to final payment is great :D

Although we won't be on a Celebrity ship until Nov 30,2018 ,this new policy will make it easier once we board :)

If it shows that you have onboard credit to use then you could be making the same mistake I was. During checkout turn on the button that says use onboard credit and then add in the amount of OBC you plan on using. Then proceed and it won't ask for credit card info anymore.

If you use your OBC prior to the cruise to book excursions, what happens if you change your mind about which excursion to take? Can you switch the OBC to a different excursion once on board? Switch prior to the cruise? Anyone have any experience with this?