Captain's Circle Question

Luv my furbaby

A little confused between credit and says requirements. Do they could either or? If I am on a 7 day cruise is that 1 credit and 7 days? I have a 14 day cruise coming up - would that be 2 credits? Also what about sailing solo - do they double the points like other lines? So, what would I earn on a 14 day balcony sailing solo?

I'm sure these questions have been asked before but can't find them.

Princess doubles the credit if you are sailing solo. The 14 day cruise depends on whether it was booked as one cruise with one booking number or two cruises with two separate booking numbers. It's one credit for each booking number and doubled if you are sailing solo or in a suite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From the Princess Captain's Circle webpage:

Question: How many cruise credits can I earn per cruise?

Answer: Most passengers will receive one credit per cruise. Passengers who pay for and sail in a full suite will earn 2 cruise credits; Passengers sailing alone in a cabin and paying the exclusive occupancy fare will earn 2 cruise credits; Passengers who sail alone in a cabin and pay for the exclusive occupancy fare for a full suite will earn 3 cruise credits.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page

You'd receive 14 days for a 14 day cruise; if the cruise can be booked as a b2b even if you booked as a single 14 day cruise you'll get 2 cruise credits.

Edited by Astro Flyer

The 14 day cruise depends on whether it was booked as one cruise with one booking number or two cruises with two separate booking numbers. It's one credit for each booking number.

correct answer is below

if the cruise can be booked as a b2b even if you booked as a single 14 day cruise you'll get 2 cruise credits.

Princess doubles the credit if you are sailing solo. The 14 day cruise depends on whether it was booked as one cruise with one booking number or two cruises with two separate booking numbers. It's one credit for each booking number and doubled if you are sailing solo or in a suite.

Several times I've received cruise credits based on how a cruise could be booked. I've received 2 cruise credits for a longer 14 day cruise (one booking number) that could also be booked as 7-day b2b cruises. If it could only be booked as a 14 day cruise then it's 1 cruise credit.

Even the free elite minibar is based on the shorter cruise & not dependent upon how it's booked. A booked single 14 day cruise that could be booked as b2b 7 day cruises receives a free minibar setup every 7 days.

A little confused between credit and says requirements. Do they could either or? If I am on a 7 day cruise is that 1 credit and 7 days? I have a 14 day cruise coming up - would that be 2 credits? Also what about sailing solo - do they double the points like other lines? So, what would I earn on a 14 day balcony sailing solo?

I'm sure these questions have been asked before but can't find them.

One cruise credit per cruise whether it's one day or 32 days. Solos and full Suite passengers get two cruise credits each; full suite solo passengers get three cruise credits. If a 14-day cruise is also sold as two 7-day cruises, each 7-day segment is considered a cruise and you get the cruise credit(s).

For instance, a few years ago I booked a 17-night cruise from Vancouver to Ft. Lauderdale. It was also sold as a 2-night cruise from Vancouver to San Francisco and a 15-night cruise from San Francisco to Ft. Lauderdale. I was cruising solo as a single in a cabin. I got two cruise credits for the segment to San Francisco and another two cruise credits for San Francisco to Ft. Lauderdale.

One cruise credit per cruise whether it's one day or 32 days. Solos and full Suite passengers get two cruise credits each; full suite solo passengers get three cruise credits. If a 14-day cruise is also sold as two 7-day cruises, each 7-day segment is considered a cruise and you get the cruise credit(s).

For instance, a few years ago I booked a 17-night cruise from Vancouver to Ft. Lauderdale. It was also sold as a 2-night cruise from Vancouver to San Francisco and a 15-night cruise from San Francisco to Ft. Lauderdale. I was cruising solo as a single in a cabin. I got two cruise credits for the segment to San Francisco and another two cruise credits for San Francisco to Ft. Lauderdale.

34 days one credit, the cruise could be booked as up to four seperate cruises still only one credit.

Fortunately any tier I get will be on days.

Seems like you should get them. They are making the money off you. A person could live next door to a port such as Ft Lauderdale and take three day cruises every week and they are some sort of aristocrats, but people who take longer trips and use Princess for land tours in Alaska, Ireland, and Europe are treated like lowly serfs or something. At least we have the pictures and memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seems like you should get them. They are making the money off you. A person could live next door to a port such as Ft Lauderdale and take three day cruises every week and they are some sort of aristocrats, but people who take longer trips and use Princess for land tours in Alaska, Ireland, and Europe are treated like lowly serfs or something. At least we have the pictures and memories!

How passengers achieve their repeat passenger level is regularly debated on CC and it usually ends up getting snarky.

It's Princess who decides what's fair & how passengers achieve Captain's Circle levels & what benefits we receive. I reached the top level by having the required number of days & cruise credits simultaneously.

Not so sorry, took a 34 day cruise last year that was sold in at least four b2b segments, counts as one cruise.

I took a 28 day cruise in June that I booked as a 28 day cruise but was also 4 b2b segments and I got 4 credits. I was sure I would only get 1.

I took a 28 day cruise in June that I booked as a 28 day cruise but was also 4 b2b segments and I got 4 credits. I was sure I would only get 1.

I had a 28 day booked as one single cruise that could also be booked as a b2b & received 2 cruise credits.

Sometimes it takes a call to the Princess Captain's Circle section or going to the onboard Captain's Circle rep who will add the extra credits.

Not so sorry, took a 34 day cruise last year that was sold in at least four b2b segments, counts as one cruise.

Check your on line Captain's Circle Account. If the 34 days were considered 4 different cruises b2b2b2b then you would receive 4 credits, one credit for each leg of the total voyage. If your account does not indicate this call the Captain's Circle to get it corrected.

34 days one credit, the cruise could be booked as up to four seperate cruises still only one credit.

Maybe they do things differently in Australia but everywhere else you get credits based on the number of cruises that people can actually board.

I would call Princess & get it straightened out.

You're missing out on 3 cruise credits.

Sounds like it might be another Australian Princess thing which seems to have a completely separate set of rules on a lot of issues when comparing to US Princess.

Srpilo

Maybe they do things differently in Australia but everywhere else you get credits based on the number of cruises that people can actually board.

I would call Princess & get it straightened out.

You're missing out on 3 cruise credits.

In all honesty I'm not bothered, as wife hit Platinum in three cruises and I look like taking five for Elite.