Drinks Package discounts?

Bobblehat71

They have run a limited time "Sip and Sail" promotion for two summers in a row, but I have not seen any package promotions otherwise. The sailings have been way in the future, so it's a good deal for early-planners.

I have found that the individual drink prices on Princess are a little less expensive than those on RCCL.

Maddle

I can't remember ever seeing a discount on the beverage package, but Princess does offer a promotion including free drink packages. Sip and Sail usually shows up once a year in the summer, so by the time it comes around again it may be too late for your cruise.

Princess did run a Sip & Sail promo this past summer which ended mid September. But, the promo was not available to U.K. customers. The current cost of the All Inclusive Beverage Package is US$56.35/pp/day and includes all alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages priced US$10.00 and under. This is about 95% of all drinks on the ship. The British prices will be similar, but may not translate directly to the present exchange rate.

We normally just do the BOGO for discount drinks but did book two future cruises under the Sip n Sail promo. For the 28 day cruise next year it was a $3,155 perk and for the 14 day the following year it was a $1,579 perk. We will never drink that much but it will be great having the freedom to order whatever we want whenever we want with no bar bill at the end of the cruise.

A promo such as this is most likely the only way Princess will ever "discount" the package.

We aren't big drinkers, but Princess usually has one or two happy hours with 2 for 1 drinks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For quite some time, it is a buy one, get one for $1. Still a great deal.

You can also bring unlimited bottles of wine / champagne on the ship with you and pay $15 corkage for each bottle to be consumed anywhere on the ship. If you consume two of the bottles in your stateroom only, you will not be required to pay the corkage of these two bottles.

My wife and I are getting the AIBP for our up and coming cruise. She will be counting drinks she want to make sure she did not lose on the deal:eek:. Me I am not like that I believe it was THRAX that said it first "The freedom of ordering any drink and no bar bill at the end":D. I also want to get a bottle of wine on formal night for us and our table mates, discounted price that is:cool:.

For quite some time, it is a buy one, get one for $1. Still a great deal.

You can also bring unlimited bottles of wine / champagne on the ship with you and pay $15 corkage for each bottle to be consumed anywhere on the ship. If you consume two of the bottles in your stateroom only, you will not be required to pay the corkage of these two bottles.

So let me get this straight. If we bring a case of wine (12) we would just have to pay $150 when we check in (assuming we can take two on for free) and that would be it?

So let me get this straight. If we bring a case of wine (12) we would just have to pay $150 when we check in (assuming we can take two on for free) and that would be it?

You got it. One 750ml bottle per person with no corkage charge and can be consumed in stateroom - if brought to lounge or dining room, corkage would be charged. The other 10 bottles would have the corkage charged at check-in and thus marked, and so can be brought to lounge or dining room and enjoyed as you like. They'll store unfinished bottled for you in dining room also...

Enjoy.

You got it. One 750ml bottle per person with no corkage charge and can be consumed in stateroom - if brought to lounge or dining room, corkage would be charged. The other 10 bottles would have the corkage charged at check-in and thus marked, and so can be brought to lounge or dining room and enjoyed as you like. They'll store unfinished bottled for you in dining room also...

Enjoy.

Thank you. . .that's good to know.