Royal cruisers can bring home Cuban cigars now.

Rocket3D

My son told me the news this morning. He wants us to bring some home when we do our trip if we can find them

What ports will you be going to? You can buy them in a lot of ports (St. Maarten for example has them). You just have to be careful that they are the real thing as there are plenty of knockoffs also.

What ports will you be going to? You can buy them in a lot of ports (St. Maarten for example has them). You just have to be careful that they are the real thing as there are plenty of knockoffs also.

We are to to St. Martin and San Juan. Good to know we can get some there.

Why would you want to. Most that are true cigar smokers will say that Cubans are not the best. I think it's a novelty for Americans since it hasn't been allowed.

I agree. I used to live in Guantanamo Bay and we would get them all the time from either Jamaica or another Caribbean island. They were something you could say "oh i smoked a Cuban cigar" but they are blah i have had plenty better from my local cigar lounge.

Why would you want to. Most that are true cigar smokers will say that Cubans are not the best. I think it's a novelty for Americans since it hasn't been allowed.

There are Cuban cigars and great Cuban cigars. (like most brands) I'd say the Hoyo double corona is amongst the best cigars out there.

Seek out the cigar store called La Casa Del Habano on some of the islands - I know there is one in Falmouth Jamaica and one in St Martin. This is the official sanctioned store selling authentic cuban cigars. They are pricey but if you want one that is actually real go there and pay the price. Most cubans sold on the islands are fakes. Even in the so-called cigar stores.

Quality control is not as good as other countries. I've had to toss an Uppman that was wrapped to tight and it came from an LCDH.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes I agree, I personally think cuban cigars are far overrated but it is now nice to have a choice.

• 6 months later...
Never mind cigars, I can finally bring home a bottle of Havana 7! :eek:

Caution if you intend on flying with rum or other liquors:

TSA rules: Alcoholic beverages with more than 24% but not more than 70% alcohol.

Don't know how strict they are but just a word to the wise...

bosco

Caution if you intend on flying with rum or other liquors:

TSA rules: Alcoholic beverages with more than 24% but not more than 70% alcohol.

Don't know how strict they are but just a word to the wise...

bosco

Don't confuse ABV with proof. TSA restricts anything 70 proof and above. So anything that is 140% ABV is considered to be hazmat and thus is not allowed. There are not many bottles that fall into this category.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums