Thank you Princess Lost & Found Department

lljost

As opposed to complaints and issues with Princess, here is a happy ending story. My DH and I disembarked on the Crown Princess last Wednesday, 10/5 in LA. We were booked on a Princess shuttle from San Pedro to LAX. Being a weekday, the traffic from the port to the airport was pretty much bumper to bumper all the way. I was holding a tote bag and a small backpack on the shuttle bus, got tired of balancing them both on my lap so I set the backpack at my feet. When we finally got to the airport I completely forgot about the backpack and left it on the bus. We gathered up our luggage curbside and entered the airport to check in. I realized as soon as we entered the line that I didn't have the bag with me. Ran outside and of course the bus was gone. Found a Princess representative and reported to her that I had left the bag on the bus. She made a note but said there was little she could do at the time and that I should call Princess as soon as I could. I figured, my mistake, my loss and whomever found it was getting a very nice backpack from the 2015 Princess World Cruise. But I did call Princess on Thursday 10/06 and they emailed me a Lost & Found report to complete and email back to their Lost & Found Department. There was nothing of value in the bag but a small table top air purifier we use in the cabin for my husbands chronic bronchitis. I just assumed I would need to buy another one and forget about ever seeing the backpack again. Today, Friday, 10/14 I received a call from Princess and they had my backpack and the contents. I was never so happy. People complain often about poor customer service from Princess. I know I was lucky but I want to thank Princess for their excellent and in my opinion, very quick response to my loss.

I left a camera in the Crown Grill on the final night and didn't realize until I got home. Princess Lost and Found returned it to me a few weeks later. I was totally impressed myself as well. Thanks you Princess and congratulations on your returned items.

I went to the lost and found for 6 days straight on a Princess cruise. All I was looking for was my prescription glasses. Nope. Went to all of the Lido deck bars as I was pretty certain I lost my glasses at MUTS. They all looked in their own lost stuff and didn't find them. Yep. They had their own bunch of stuff and it hadn't been turned in and consolidated with the lost and found at the purser's desk. Still, checking everywhere I could think of (a couple of times a day at each place) for 6 days straight I never got my prescription glasses back.

As opposed to complaints and issues with Princess, here is a happy ending story. My DH and I disembarked on the Crown Princess last Wednesday, 10/5 in LA. We were booked on a Princess shuttle from San Pedro to LAX. Being a weekday, the traffic from the port to the airport was pretty much bumper to bumper all the way. I was holding a tote bag and a small backpack on the shuttle bus, got tired of balancing them both on my lap so I set the backpack at my feet. When we finally got to the airport I completely forgot about the backpack and left it on the bus. We gathered up our luggage curbside and entered the airport to check in. I realized as soon as we entered the line that I didn't have the bag with me. Ran outside and of course the bus was gone. Found a Princess representative and reported to her that I had left the bag on the bus. She made a note but said there was little she could do at the time and that I should call Princess as soon as I could. I figured, my mistake, my loss and whomever found it was getting a very nice backpack from the 2015 Princess World Cruise. But I did call Princess on Thursday 10/06 and they emailed me a Lost & Found report to complete and email back to their Lost & Found Department. There was nothing of value in the bag but a small table top air purifier we use in the cabin for my husbands chronic bronchitis. I just assumed I would need to buy another one and forget about ever seeing the backpack again. Today, Friday, 10/14 I received a call from Princess and they had my backpack and the contents. I was never so happy. People complain often about poor customer service from Princess. I know I was lucky but I want to thank Princess for their excellent and in my opinion, very quick response to my loss.

Great result.

I have heard a lot of positives about their lost and found.

Address labels on cameras and laptops, cell phones etc. and can be helpful to get an item back to you. If you are worried about security, just cut the address labels off at your name. This works well for the inside arms of prescription eyeglasses. This doesn't work is a thief just wants your items, but I have returned a few camera's to the front desk on cruises.

I write my name, the name of the ship, and cabin number on a piece of paper and take a photo of it to leave on the memory card. I always start each cruise with a blank memory card, so that info is the first photo on it. I do this before I leave home so I won't forget to do it in the excitement of getting onboard and getting settled.

I went to the lost and found for 6 days straight on a Princess cruise. All I was looking for was my prescription glasses. Nope. Went to all of the Lido deck bars as I was pretty certain I lost my glasses at MUTS. They all looked in their own lost stuff and didn't find them. Yep. They had their own bunch of stuff and it hadn't been turned in and consolidated with the lost and found at the purser's desk. Still, checking everywhere I could think of (a couple of times a day at each place) for 6 days straight I never got my prescription glasses back.

Over the years we have had both good and bad luck with things left around the ship. An expensive hoodie was located quickly and with ease. But there must be something about glasses. I left my new prescription glasses that are quite different on the table in the Horizon Court one day after lunch. I realized the fact within a couple of minutes and returned to the table where the lady that had asked to sit with us, was still there. We asked if she had seen my glasses and she said she had and had turned them over to the waiter. When we asked the waiter he had turned them over to another, and another, etc. They assured me that I would find them at the Purser's Desk.

We waited until that evening so that they would have a chance to get there and asked - the staff looked and said they weren't there. I returned the next day and asked again - the girl looked in the drawer and asked for a description which I provided. Again I was told they weren't there. I happen to be tall and could see into the drawer and noticed what I thought was the arm of my glasses. I asked to see them and she pulled them out - voila, there was my glasses. It was a little bizarre to say the least. There was no reason for her not to give them to me - just going through the motions but obviously not looking. Our thoughts are that finding lost items are staff specific - some can be thoughtful and go above and beyond, and others could care less.

We had a similar experience with my husband's prescription sunglasses. Checked lost and found daily, checked in bars, etc. Finally on the last night when we were packing, he pulled his suitcase out from under the bed and out came his glasses in their case! They must have been kicked under the bed and we didn't see them in the dark because the case was black. We felt quite foolish.

Edited by baz48

I am very happy for the OP.

My husband and I have a fear of losing luggage in transit to and from a ship. Like many of you, we have large suitcases that will be delivered to the cabin as well as carry-ons. We count our bags before leaving home and every time we make a transition in traveling we tell each other the number of bags then count. In leaving a shuttle this is very important as your mind is on so many things.

Very happy for you :) I once found a new kindle on a cruise and turned it in to lost and found the guy was so happy he got it back. He sent a bottle of wine to my table. So I went to his table and we had a glass together. We have been friends since then.

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

I am very happy for the OP.

My husband and I have a fear of losing luggage in transit to and from a ship. Like many of you, we have large suitcases that will be delivered to the cabin as well as carry-ons. We count our bags before leaving home and every time we make a transition in traveling we tell each other the number of bags then count. In leaving a shuttle this is very important as your mind is on so many things.

Great idea! This is a bag that we put into our carry on once through airport security. That was why I total!ly forgot about it. From now on we double check with each other on all our bags.

Very happy for you :) I once found a new kindle on a cruise and turned it in to lost and found the guy was so happy he got it back. He sent a bottle of wine to my table. So I went to his table and we had a glass together. We have been friends since then.

Tony

I love this story! :)

I lost an earring that my daughter gave me for my birthday. I was devastated. I checked each day with lost and found. Last day of the cruise we were on our balcony and I just happened to ask the people below us if they had found an ear ring. Just so happens they did. It was stuck between the pillows on the lounges below. The lady held it up and it was my ear ring! I went down to the cabin and got it back I was so happy. I now have earring stops on the back of them.

Glad to know. Thanks for sharing.