Athem JS

MoyCoy

I have been sailing Celebrity for the past few years. I have not sailed Royal since 2011. I booked a great deal on the Anthem 7 day to Bermuda and Boston leaving April 29th. We snagged a great deal on a balcony. We enjoy sailing suites, but wanted to be conservative this cruise.

We just returned from a cruise on NCL in the Haven. I have sailed Celebrity suites as well. For the life of me , I am just so confused by what is offered with the sea class. We are considering changing our reservation to a Suite Guarantee for $800 more. I am assuming we will be in a JS.

So I called Royal to discuss if the Sea class receives priority boarding in addition to dinner in Coastal kitchen. The answers were all over the place. I read through some threads on the subject and some JS guest were able to eat breakfast and dinner in Coastal , and some said they were denied access to Coastal and only had a bigger room. I am trying to see if there is ROI in the extra cost. Please help. Can anyone who sailed recently in a JS tell me how the benefits compare to maybe the Sky Suite on Celebrity or the Haven on NCL:rolleyes:

Thanks

Called Crown and Anchor and they said on the Anthem JS does not get access to Coastal Kitchen. You only get a room and upgraded bedding and toiletries. Yet when I called to inquire about the room yesterday. A RCL rep stated that you would have access to coastal kitchen at least. Crazy

A JS gets no real perks...simply a larger space than a standard cabin. You do get priority boarding...and you may get access to the Coastal Kitchen. That's about it.

On RCI, "suite perks" don't start until GRAND suite or better.

Yes, you will almost assuredly get a JS. JS perks include:

- Priority boarding (but not disembarkation)

- Dinner at Coastal Kitchen (I already have my dinners booked for our May sailing. Sky and Star class get breakfast, lunch, and dinner).

- Supposedly nicer mattresses.

- Upgraded bath amenities (soap, shampoo)

Of course you also get a much larger stateroom, larger balcony, mid-ship location, and double C&A points.

Yes, you will almost assuredly get a JS. JS perks include:

- Priority boarding (but not disembarkation)

- Dinner at Coastal Kitchen (I already have my dinners booked for our May sailing. Sky and Star class get breakfast, lunch, and dinner).

- Supposedly nicer mattresses.

- Upgraded bath amenities (soap, shampoo)

Of course you also get a much larger stateroom, larger balcony, mid-ship location, and double C&A points.

Are you able to book your dinners ahead of time in Coastal Kitchen , Online?

The price just went down 100 today. Should I wait to book it. I did not expect it to go down

Are you able to book your dinners ahead of time in Coastal Kitchen , Online?

The price just went down 100 today. Should I wait to book it. I did not expect it to go down

Yes, you book them in the cruise planner. Go ahead and book now - if price drops again before final payment, just cal Royal or your Travel agent to obtain the new pricing. Ours didn't go down with the WOW sale, but we did get some extra OBC.

Suite gratuities or regular in JS?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JS and below is $13.50 per day per person....Either paid in advance or paid on your SeaPass account at the end of your cruise...your choice.

If you look at the suite perks descriptions on the RC web page, you will see dinners at CK, luxury pillow top mattress, and upgraded toiletries listed for Sea Class (JS). Plus you get double points.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by marci22

I just cancelled my cruise when I was advised by my TA (used her for years and believe she is quite knowledgeable) that Coastal Kitchen is NOT available for JS on the Anthem. TA called RCCL while I was waiting to make final payment and this is what she was told. If this is misinformation I will be very unhappy.

I just cancelled my cruise when I was advised by my TA (used her for years and believe she is quite knowledgeable) that Coastal Kitchen is NOT available for JS on the Anthem. TA called RCCL while I was waiting to make final payment and this is what she was told. If this is misinformation I will be very unhappy.

Your TA was misinformed. It's pretty clearly spelled out on Royal's website, Junior Suites have access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner only (Grand Suite and up have access for breakfast, lunch, and dinner): http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/sea/

As I've already mentioned in a previous reply on this thread, I have already booked our dinner reservations through the website for our May sailing in a Junior Suite.

This is misinformation.