Upgraded from an inside to a balcony for only $4 !!

So we are doing a back to back on Navigator at Christmas. The first cruise is the 5 day one leaving on the 18th. We booked this one late and got ourselves an inside cabin on deck 7.

Well they just had that WOW sale and they had balconies going for only $54 more than we paid for the inside. Even though we have already made final payment our TA worked her magic and we got a balcony close to midship. $54 more than we paid but it also comes with $50 on board credit, hence, upgrade for only $4 !!

So we are doing a back to back on Navigator at Christmas. The first cruise is the 5 day one leaving on the 18th. We booked this one late and got ourselves an inside cabin on deck 7.

Well they just had that WOW sale and they had balconies going for only $54 more than we paid for the inside. Even though we have already made final payment our TA worked her magic and we got a balcony close to midship. $54 more than we paid but it also comes with $50 on board credit, hence, upgrade for only $4 !!

No magic involved at all. You simply upgraded

No magic involved at all. You simply upgraded

Don't think the OP claimed they had magical powers. They were just sharing about doing something at the right time and getting a deal to upgrade. Way to be happy for someone else's fortunate circumstances [emoji57][emoji854]

I called in and got myself upgraded from a single inside studio (no single supplement!) to restricted view balcony (DO) on Anthem, and actually paid 150-160USD less for the balcony than i would have done for the inside studio one :D Nevermind the restricted view, the cabin is double the size of what i had to begin with. No miracles involved, just gotta keep your eyes open :)

Congratulations on the nice upgrade. I managed something similar on a 3-day repo when I upgraded from an inside to a balcony for $40, and then they gave me my $50 emerald discount as on board credit, netting me a nice $10 profit. The icing on the cake was that we were on the previous cruise so the last night I checked to see if there was a chance of a complimentary upgrade to a JS, since they weren't sailing full ... and I got it! Bonus!

Congrats! Such a great feeling isn't it? Same thing happened for us for our December 9 night on Navigator. Went from promenade to D2 for nothing extra and we paid a ridiculously low price to begin with. I would have been happy with the promenade but I'm thrilled with the balcony.

Congrats! It's impressive that you could afford such a massive upgrade!! :D

This thread title made me chuckle. Many years ago my wife & I heard a small child say "FOUR DOLLARS???? FOUR DOLLARS??? That's like all the money in the world!" It still makes us laugh all these years later.

Thus it has been a running joke whenever we talk about money to throw in a line about $4. Whenever we see something priced $4 we joke "How could anyone afford such extravagance? Don't they know that $4 is all the money in the world?"

Occasionally, I've been known to drop four $1 bills into anniversary cards and tell my wife that I love her all the money in the world.

Over TG I went from an outside deck 9 to a large balcony for $24.00 less, but since it was past final payment, they moved me w/o a refund or OBC, but that's OK. Still happy.

This thread title made me chuckle. Many years ago my wife & I heard a small child say "FOUR DOLLARS???? FOUR DOLLARS??? That's like all the money in the world!" It still makes us laugh all these years later.

Thus it has been a running joke whenever we talk about money to throw in a line about $4. Whenever we see something priced $4 we joke "How could anyone afford such extravagance? Don't they know that $4 is all the money in the world?"

Occasionally, I've been known to drop four $1 bills into anniversary cards and tell my wife that I love her all the money in the world.

Reminded me of this... :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet!!! [emoji2][emoji106]

I was able to upgrade a couple weeks ago too! It cost me $0 to go from a promenade to an aft balcony on Adventure deck 7. I'm sooooo excited!! I've wanted to try an aft balcony since I first saw one on my second cruise! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love this story.