New, new Oasis menus. October 2016 changes.

Looks like I'm in the minority. I don't find anything wrong with the new menus. At least a few things if not all of them I would eat.

I really want to know what you eat at home on a regular basis. Do you dine at Ruth Chris, Pappas Steakhouse, Mortons Steakhouse, The Keg, Maggianos. Sullivan's, Silver Fox, Abacus, Nick & Sams every night?

And I understand the quality isn't even what it was when I started cruising 16 years ago. But come on folks really?

I might go to one of the aforementioned restaurants once a week. Other than that I'm at home cooking. Last night baked flounder and carrots. Night before Fadis this Mediterranean joint.

Ok. Let's talk about breakfast. Maybe they should limit the options each day. Sunday only oatmeal and all the fixings. Monday omelet day. Tuesday pancakes and waffles with sausage. Wednesday corn beef hash and fruit. Thursday lox n bagels and all the trimmings. Friday biscuits and gravy. Saturday breakfast tacos n breakfast potatoes. They put everything out and let you decide what you want to eat each day. I want to know what else would you like for them to serve for breakfast? OMG they offer a plethora of selections. And here again what do you eat every day at home for breakfast ?

And the same goes for lunch. Plenty of options and variety. What else do you want them to serve. At home I usually grab a salad for lunch at our salad bar at work. What do you normally eat for lunch and what are you expecting to eat on Oasis for lunch?

Im just baffled by the complaints about RCCLs food selections. Im not fussing. Im just trying to get a better understanding of what would you like them to serve in addition to what they already serve.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Edited by cynt

Are these MDR menus fleetwide?

I have not sailed Royal since May of 2014, but I remembered more lamb (a braised lamb shank, I believe, and maybe a rack of lamb?) And duck at least once. These are the things I look forward to the most, precisely because they are not what I at home. Now I'm seeing no duck, and just one lamb offering, leg of lamb, which is my least preferred lamb dish. We have been sailing Celebrity, where they serve duck and lamb often enough people complain about it! This would be a real departure.

I've just booked an 11 nighter on the Grandeur in January, and I'll be dismayed if these are the options.

Wow....I am disappointed with these new menus. I may actually lose weight on this cruise. It makes me think of doing the 3 night specialty package but one person in my group doesn't want to do it. It may be time to switch again to another cruise line.

Seems they are going this route in one way or another.:(

You could always go on Carnival where they seem to be going the route of once a day cabin service instead of the normal 2.

We are doing our first AI next May. We will see if this is a better option than cruising.

Bill

I think the point is if you compare these menus to the "new" menus introduced about two months ago, there are less options.

For example, the old "new" day 2 menu had the following options:

Seafood Linguini

Pan-seared Snapper

broiled salmon

Roasted chicken breast

Duck a l'orange

Osso Bucco

New York Striploin

Roast Beef Chateaubriand

Spaghetti

Vegetable Tagine

Grilled Mahi Mahi

The current "new" menu has the following for Day 2

Seafood Linguini

Almond Crusted Cod

Roasted Chicken

Pork Shank

Roast Beef Tenderloin

Vegetable Tagine

Broiled Salmon

Chicken Breast

Spaghetti

Just 1/7 examples, but I prefer the old "new" menu.

We don't sail for a few more weeks and I'm hoping the bring back the old "new" menu.

Looks like I'm in the minority. I don't find anything wrong with the new menus. At least a few things if not all of them I would eat.

I really want to know what you eat at home on a regular basis. Do you dine at Ruth Chris, Pappas Steakhouse, Mortons Steakhouse, The Keg, Maggianos. Sullivan's, Silver Fox, Abacus, Nick & Sams every night?

And I understand the quality isn't even what it was when I started cruising 16 years ago. But come on folks really?

I might go to one of the aforementioned restaurants once a week. Other than that I'm at home cooking. Last night baked flounder and carrots. Night before Fadis this Mediterranean joint.

Ok. Let's talk about breakfast. Maybe they should limit the options each day. Sunday only oatmeal and all the fixings. Monday omelet day. Tuesday pancakes and waffles with sausage. Wednesday corn beef hash and fruit. Thursday lox n bagels and all the trimmings. Friday biscuits and gravy. Saturday breakfast tacos n breakfast potatoes. They put everything out and let you decide what you want to eat each day. I want to know what else would you like for them to serve for breakfast? OMG they offer a plethora of selections. And here again what do you eat every day at home for breakfast ?

And the same goes for lunch. Plenty of options and variety. What else do you want them to serve. At home I usually grab a salad for lunch at our salad bar at work. What do you normally eat for lunch and what are you expecting to eat on Oasis for lunch?

Im just baffled by the complaints about RCCLs food selections. Im not fussing. Im just trying to get a better understanding of what would you like them to serve in addition to what they already serve.

Edited by Queen of Oakville

Sailing Oasis right now, and the new menu? Thanks but not thanks!

And the Coastal Kitchen? Friends of mine put this way: I think I'm going to the DR!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought everyone loved the Coastal Kitchen. We have never gotten to try it and probably never will

Just filled out my post-cruise survey and they happened to ask about each night's menu. So here is day 7 which I apparently had accidentally deleted my picture of:

p6oMxD

Thanks for the menus?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Just off the October 9 sailing of Freedom of the Seas. I can tell you there was no Beef Tenderloin, no prime rib and no Beef Chateaubriand. It was not a wide range of choices. And most of the food was way over cooked. So we just sent several items back and ordered different ones. I still gained weight. lol

I agree, maybe I'm just happy that I don't have to cook it, but I saw something every day that I'll eat.

We were on Oasis last week and found that the menus posted in June/July are no longer valid. They have removed the local influences.......

Thanks for posting these! We're sailing on Nov 5th. Western.

Can you tell me if you were on the Eastern or Western route since the order will be different? Thanks!

Edited by DebbieN167

Thanks for posting these! We're sailing on Nov 5th. Western.

Can you tell me if you were on the Eastern or Western route since the order will be different? Thanks!

This was Western, so the order would be the same for you unless they change the menus again before then.

I believe on Eastern days 5 and 6 would be flipped and the rest would remain the same.

On our last 4 cruises (25 days total) we have eaten in the MDR twice. With the new menus that were posted a few months ago we saw many things that looked to be so improvement especially the "local influence" selections. With these new, new menus it looks like we will continue to avoid the MDR and continue with both specialty restaurants and the WJ.

Thanks UFC Knight for starting a new thread. This is one time that I really hope Royal reads these boards.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

on our last 4 cruises (25 days total) we have eaten in the mdr twice. With the new menus that were posted a few months ago we saw many things that looked to be so improvement especially the "local influence" selections. With these new, new menus it looks like we will continue to avoid the mdr and continue with both specialty restaurants and the wj.

amen!

If you often eat fish in the MDR, it looks like they do not even offer salmon every night as a classic choice like they used to.

Maybe it was an oversight since I thought the classic choices are supposed to stay the same every night???

Also, they now have cod, a very inexpensive fish, on 2 nights....day 2 and day 7. No more mahi, snapper or halibut which were on the previous new menus.

Certainly, a downgrade, without question! :(

If you often eat fish in the MDR, it looks like they do not even offer salmon every night as a classic choice like they used to.

Maybe it was an oversight since I thought the classic choices are supposed to stay the same every night???

Also, they now have cod, a very inexpensive fish, on 2 nights....day 2 and day 7. No more mahi, snapper or halibut which were on the previous new menus.

Certainly, a downgrade, without question! :(

I was really looking forward to the grilled mahi mahi and the honey scallops.

What I got was no mahi mahi or scallops on the menu at all.