Carnival best loyalty program?

grneal

I have been looking at all the other cruise lines and it seems to me that if you are at around 75 days (Platinum) then Carnival offers the best perks. Priority Embarkation, Debarkation, Tender Boats, and customer service line. Immediate access to room and luggage to your room. Drink vouchers, certain amount of free laundry and other misc. items. I don't drink so it feels like Carnival has the best program for me. Am I missing something?

I have been looking at all the other cruise lines and it seems to me that if you are at around 75 days (Platinum) then Carnival offers the best perks. Priority Embarkation, Debarkation, Tender Boats, and customer service line. Immediate access to room and luggage to your room. Drink vouchers, certain amount of free laundry and other misc. items. I don't drink so it feels like Carnival has the best program for me. Am I missing something?

Actually, at the higher levels, Carnival probably has one of the worst set of perks. But since I don't cruise for perks it doesn't matter to me.

Actually, at the higher levels, Carnival probably has one of the worst set of perks. But since I don't cruise for perks it doesn't matter to me.

Ok, so what about if we are just talking about all the cruise lines if you have cruised between 75-150 days. Which cruise line has the best loyalty tier at those numbers of sailing days?

And then another question, what makes Royal Caribbean's Diamond Plus better than Carnival's Diamond? Except for the fact that RCL Diamond Plus starts at 175 days vs Carnival's Diamond at 200 days. I just don't see it but everybody raves about how much better RCL is than Carnival at the top tiers.

For me, the only thing of value is a nice amount of free internet time. Only on Princess, beginning at Platinum, 5 cruises or 50 sea days.

I am not in a big rush to get on or off the boat, we prefer to wash our own laundry (Princess) rather than have the ships laundry return a shirt that began life in red but came back in white (or sorta pink). :p:)

For me, the only thing of value is a nice amount of free internet time. Only on Princess, beginning at Platinum, 5 cruises or 50 sea days.

I am not in a big rush to get on or off the boat, we prefer to wash our own laundry (Princess) rather than have the ships laundry return a shirt that began life in red but came back in white (or sorta pink). :p:)

I understand not being in a big rush to get off the ship, but early priority boarding and getting to go straight to your cabin and get your luggage almost right away is huge for me. And with CCL you get that at 75 days or if you purchase Faster To The Fun.

In regards to the Internet, the reason I go on vacation is to get away from the Internet. Although, CCL does have the $5/day Social Media package which allows unlimited use of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram ALONG with iMessage which is huge for me.

RCCL Diamond and Diamond+ have priority boarding and special get off early lounge,plus you have use of their Diamond Lounge that have light b'fast and light lunch and free cocktails,wine ,beer and special coffee every day and night,plu free internet,$250 off balcony,and laundry.Much better than CCL.Carlyle

RCCL Diamond and Diamond+ have priority boarding and special get off early lounge,plus you have use of their Diamond Lounge that have light b'fast and light lunch and free cocktails,wine ,beer and special coffee every day and night,plu free internet,$250 off balcony,and laundry.Much better than CCL.Carlyle

Are there diamond lounges in every ship?

Sent from my iPhone

I'm Platinum on Carnival and NCL. I think NCL's perks get a slight edge. That being said I travel exclusively from NY/NJ ports and choose a cruise based on time of year, itinerary, and fare. Not on perks

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/benefits-details

Do they have a priority Embarkation? Looks like every level has a priority check in? Is that the same thing? What about being able to go to your room immediately and get your luggage right away as well? We don't drink but I do like the fact that you get the complimentary dinner and the behind the scenes tour. I wish they had a port in Galveston. Our honeymoon cruise was with Norwegian out of Galveston but that was in 1999.

Ive only compared Carnival and RCCL. I think RCCLs is better. They have a tier between what carnival would consider gold and platinum which has almost the same perks as Carnival platinum. RCCL gives double points to solo cruisers since they pay for double occupancy. It's not a perk but they have more beverage package options. others have pointed out the waiting lounge with breakfast and nightly functions on board for certain level cruisers plus you can count your time on RCCL cruises with one of their sister lines.

Are you missing something?

Yes

No matter which cruiseline you choose to be loyal to,,,, it's guaranteed that by the time you reach the Loyalty level that peaks your interest, it will have changed 3 times.

Ok, so what about if we are just talking about all the cruise lines if you have cruised between 75-150 days. Which cruise line has the best loyalty tier at those numbers of sailing days?

NCL has pretty good perks. I don't know about the rest as I ham no where near Platinum (or it's equivalent) on Princess, RCCL, or HAL.

Ive only compared Carnival and RCCL. I think RCCLs is better. They have a tier between what carnival would consider gold and platinum which has almost the same perks as Carnival platinum. RCCL gives double points to solo cruisers since they pay for double occupancy. It's not a perk but they have more beverage package options. others have pointed out the waiting lounge with breakfast and nightly functions on board for certain level cruisers plus you can count your time on RCCL cruises with one of their sister lines.

RCCL just changed all of their beverage packages. Not as many choices as before.

I sail between RCI and CCL and I like Royal Caribbean's loyalty program a bit more. I like the balcony discounts, and priority check in before you reach top tier. I am never going to reach Pinnacle on RCI, but I am having a lot of fun trying.

And Diamond is basically a Platinum Plus since the perks are basically the same except for a couple of one time perks and a Diamond event. There should be a larger difference between Platinum at 75 days and Diamond at 200 days.