Pinnacle Reservations Now Available for January+ Cruises

Tom O.

Today is the first day, I was able to make reservations for the Pinnacle Restaurant for my January Cruise on the N. Amsterdam.

I have been checking regularly for more than 9 months. I called them a few days too, the reason it took so long, they told me, was they had to wait for the Le Cirque schedule to be decided.

It turns out there is only one night of Le Cirque on my 11 day cruise. I suspect this is a result of the Explore 4 promotion. Since the Explore 4 plan includes dinner for two at the Pinnacle, HAL has to have the Pinnacle restaurant open more days to accommodate all those extra people.

I bet there is going to be a lot of competition for good dining times, so I am glad I was able to make my reservation today.

We have done many 10 and 11 day cruises and we only had 1 Le Cirque.

Thank you for clarifying this. I have never done Le Cirque, as it is too pricey for us, but I thought I heard that most cruises 10 days or more had two or three Le Cirque days. But I never really paid that much attention, because Le Cirque was always something we avoided.

Nevertheless, with all of the Explore 4 packages sold, I believe good Pinnacle dining times are going to be hard to find. So I am glad that I was able to get a 6 pm on the day of my wife's birthday.

I am sailing Dec.3, on the Eurodam. I would like to book both the Pinancle Grill and Tamarind. Does anyone have suggestions for a 7 day cruise?

I always do the last night in the Pinnacle (the Tamarind works too :) ).

We tend to pick other nights depending on our itinerary. Do we want an earlier evening? (We do fixed dining). Do we want a break on a sea day?

I just look at the itinerary and choose.

A lot of people like to book the first night too. Since we do fixed dining, we like to go to the MDR and meet our waiters, etc. But for others, this is a great solution. If I were doing open dining, I'd definitely book on the first night if you were so inclined ;)

This maybe a dumb question but what is Le Cirque? I really have no idea expect it has something to do with dinner.

Le Cirque, is a French themed restaurant that that happens in the same room as Pinnacle Grill. When the occasional Le Cirque takes place the Pinnacle Grill is not available. It is really the same staff, just a different menu and decorations. Also the extra charge for the meal is $49 per person while the Pinnacle Grill is $35 per person (more if you purchase an item with a supplement).

Thanks Tom is it worth the money?

Some people rave about it, but we have never tried it.

We are always on a tight budget, and we are perfectly happy with the Main Dining Room dinners. But on our next cruise we are going to be sailing during my wife's birthday, so we are going to do the Pinnacle Grill, which is expensive enough at a surcharge of $35 pp. There are samples of the menus you can look at on the HAL website of both the Pinnacle and Le Cirque. To me the Pinnacle menu looks better than the Le Cirque.

You have to remember that in addition to the $70 pp charge for Le Cirque, you are giving up a very nice dinner in the MDR. I figure dinner in the MDR is worth at least $40 pp, so that makes the actual cost of Le Cirque $110 pp ($70 + $40 = $110)

I would never pay that much for a meal. If I did things like that often, I would not be able to afford to cruise at all. But for people, who don't need to worry about money, it might be worth trying.

Today is the first day, I was able to make reservations for the Pinnacle Restaurant for my January Cruise on the N. Amsterdam.

I have been checking regularly for more than 9 months. I called them a few days too, the reason it took so long, they told me, was they had to wait for the Le Cirque schedule to be decided.

It turns out there is only one night of Le Cirque on my 11 day cruise. I suspect this is a result of the Explore 4 promotion. Since the Explore 4 plan includes dinner for two at the Pinnacle, HAL has to have the Pinnacle restaurant open more days to accommodate all those extra people.

I bet there is going to be a lot of competition for good dining times, so I am glad I was able to make my reservation today.

Appreciate the heads up. I made our reservations for our cruise on Oosterdam. Was able to get the days and times we preferred. Wife looked at the Le Cirque menu and wasn't interested.