Is it a good idea to buy a massage for Day 1

mcatmcat

Hello [emoji3]

I was thinking[emoji187] in buying a massage [emoji703]for my girlfriend[emoji178] on embarkation day since the rest of the days are port intense ✳️and we don't plan to stay in the ship. He have cruised a lot [emoji570]but this will be her first massage on a ship, should I buy it for Day 1, we are leaving at 530pm and the massage will be at 5pm.

Also do you think mister drill [emoji1286]will be at 430pm? Departure time is 530pm and the massage is for 5pm so I was wondering how close from the drill the massage will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Over priced with pitches for buying products.

You think the locals on the islands are pushy????

Nothing compares to the spa workers.

If you do let her go, when they start their pitch....................

Just tell her to just say no

Enjoy your cruise

I always say up front that I am not going to buy anything. I've never been given a hard sell after I state that. Easy. It is very thoughtful of the OP, but I believe a massage on a sea day would be better than on boarding day, as that day can be fairly hectic.

I also do not think you can book something during muster, so 5:00 should be a good time.

Yes, it is likely to be a more expensive massage compared to on land, but my regular masseuse is not on the ship! I think a massage is a welcome start to a vacation and a great gift! Relieves all of the stress of life and travel and prepares a person for a week of vacation and being pampered.

Enjoy!

I usually book my massage for embarkation day. It's something i look forward to, to relax and kick off vacation. While it is exorbitant compared to land prices, I don't bother with them at home, so it's a nice treat. They will not let it interfere with muster.

The other reason I choose day 1 and I book on board is because the spa typically runs specials for day 1 massages (not sure about other services). I do the hot stone massage, and for the past several years, they were running a special where if you booked for that day (day 1) you got a longer massage for the same price. For instance, I got the 75 minute hot some massage for the 50 minute price (or something similar).

Be aware this, like many other things, are ship specific. When on Anthem this year, they were not running the special. I inquired about it, and they honored it anyway! Basically, it doesn't hurt to ask, and good luck with whatever you choose!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

I think it's a great idea. Yes, it's overpriced, but you're not on the ship to save money. The first day massage sets the tone for relaxing and will help her unwind faster, at least it did for me. You don't want to get her one later in the week, trust me, I made that mistake once - I was sunburned and it was NOT relaxing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello [emoji3]

I was thinking[emoji187] in buying a massage [emoji703]for my girlfriend[emoji178] on embarkation day since the rest of the days are port intense ✳️and we don't plan to stay in the ship. He have cruised a lot [emoji570]but this will be her first massage on a ship, should I buy it for Day 1, we are leaving at 530pm and the massage will be at 5pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have just returned from a 7 day cruise and I did have a massage. Here are my thoughts ...

There were all kinds of offers on the first day. Plus offers throughout the cruise to fill places when demand was below expectations. So you can patiently wait for an offer or simply book a treatment when it suits you and judge the price on its own merits.

I had my massage towards the end of the cruise. There was an unexpected 20% discount. The massage was really good and done by an expert but I don't believe this will always be the case. You take your chances on a ship.

I won't offer any advice on the optimum time to have a massage as we are all different. I prefer to reserve the first day to ease myself into my holiday and not make too many commitments. May seem a little boring but I like to get packing out of the way, get ready for dinner, have pre-dinner drinks, dinner etc. and try my best to avoid the crowds.

If they have that time available then yes, you should be able to get her a massage close to, or around that time. She will miss sail away but not sure how important that is to her to see you pull out of port.

You could do something later after dinner, but I'm not sure if a massage after dinner is a good idea LOL.

Either way, I think it's a nice gesture. :)